How do I get my Suspended Ebay Account Reinstated? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 10-11-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default How do I get my Suspended Ebay Account Reinstated?

Hello, I have 3 Ebay accounts and my partner also has 1 Ebay account. One of my accounts was a buisness account that I had just started up, I had started selling quite alot on my buisness one and a few things on our other ones. We were doing well and the next minute 'bang' all our accounts suspended. No valid reason given just told that every account was suspended indefinately and wouldnt be reinstated.

I found the form I had to print off and sent on with copies of id and bills etc which I then posted out for each seperate account and its been over 3/4 weeks now and we still havent heard a thing. I tried emailing ebay but Im pretty sure they just forward you to an automated thing which tells you exactly the same answer everything. Like many other people I really depended on my Ebay wage and now am struggling like mad. What should I do? Should I resend the forms again?

People have so many different answers on here some say buy the ebooks others say they're rubbish... Please Help!!!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Welcome to the forum

ebay always has a valid reason. It's the sellers who are too often punished and feel the reason is invalid. Something(s) must have been happening to the account(s). Anything you can think of that might have triggered this? Did you get a suspension notice etc?
I'd consider phoning them B4 faxing the docs again. Let us know a bit more info please.

The forum has only one book, eBay Stealth. That is certainly not rubbish & I'm sure the users are referring to other ebooks. (Or I hope so or I'll go kick butt )
Old 10-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

You have a better chance of winning a multi-million dollar lottery prize than you do of ever getting the eBay accounts reinstated. eBay rarely reverses their decisions.

Stealth IS the answer. Everyone on this forum has been in the same situation with eBay. Some of us lost accounts producing a few hundred dollars a month in extra cash. Others lost thier livelihood. One poor guy just recently lost his business - complete with 17,000+ positive feedbacks and 3 employees - after 14 YEARS on eBay. He was totally dumbfounded - he couldn't believe that after 14 years eBay terminated his account, wouldn't tell him why and refused to allow him to appeal the decision. It happens to a lot of people and more often than you think.

Some people find this forum and think we must all be a bunch of con-artists, counterfeiters and other types of criminals. But most of us are honest people who were selling legitimate items. I was banned after 9 years with eBay. I had over 2,700 positive feedbacks and ONE negative in all that time. Then I get a generic form letter email from eBay telling me they are closing my account. I tried calling them, thinking it HAD TO BE a MISTAKE. Nope. They told me I violated an eBay rule. They woldn't tell me WHICH of the 101,987,456 rules it was. If I wanted that information I would have to go to court and get a subpoena. That was my thank you from them for being a seller for nine years and paying them over $100,000 in fees.

A google search led me to this forum. I went stealth and never looked back. I've never been a fan of ebooks, as most of them are crap. But this one is an exception. It not only showed me how to get back on eBay, but also how to spread out my risk and how to keep the new accounts - the last two parts being the most valuable, in my opinion.

I don't own the forum and I don't benefit if you buy the stealth guide. But I am a big fan and also an active forum participant, as I wanted to give something back and help others.

My suggestion is to get the guide, read it THREE TIMES. Let it sink in. Then, post any questions you may have. Someone here has the answer.

You said that you saw many different answers. That is because there are many users here from many different countries, each with its own challenges. For example, here in the USA, if eBay wants to do a full verification on you, Social Security Numbers can be an issue. In the UK, you don't have that problem. But bank accounts in the UK are harder to come by and eBay/PayPal often only want land lines for phone verifications. But there are ways around all of these things.

Stealth seems overwhelming and complicated at first. But it quickly becomes second nature. And it works without having you do anthing that is illegal. It might violate eBay's rules, but that is NOT illegal! And besides, haven't YOU pretty much been violated at this point? They didn't strip you of your clothes, but they DID strip you of your INCOME!

Last edited by jeffweico; 10-11-2010 at 09:11 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
gmetcalfe (10-12-2010), GreenBean (10-11-2010), james_112233 (03-03-2019), outraged (10-15-2010), rsot (10-11-2010)
Old 10-12-2010
Threadstarter  

Default thanks

Thanks for your reply. I think it could be many things I may have done. They told me in the supension notice that some sellers are more associated with fraudulent activity than others and that they have to protect the ebay communities safety...
I registered my new buisness account with them that has my new address with my partner, although the address is not registered yet as we need to go to the council to ask them to register it. I wondered if it could be that? Also I had 3 accounts and 1 of my partners account which I used. I was transferring money between them alot and I wonder whether they thought I was being fraudulent because of this? As they didnt know that me and my partner were connected...
Anyhow its all so frustrating. How long will it take me to read the Stealth Book?? As I am considering buying because I dont know what else I can do now.
Also are they any other good clothing auction sites in the UK??
Thanks
Old 10-12-2010
MU

in less than one day you will be done reading the stealth guide. of course you will come back to it for reference.

yes, you were stopped by paypal for moving money between accounts. paypal considers this money laundering and lol even if your not a criminal paypal likes to treat you like a criminal. just be prepared for everything and if they shut down your legit account there is always a comeback.

good luck!
Old 10-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FandangoKango View Post
in less than one day you will be done reading the stealth guide. of course you will come back to it for reference.

yes, you were stopped by paypal for moving money between accounts. paypal considers this money laundering and lol even if your not a criminal paypal likes to treat you like a criminal. just be prepared for everything and if they shut down your legit account there is always a comeback.

good luck!
You goota love it! PayPal advertises (or at least they used to) that you can send money to ANYONE with an email address.

But then, if you actually DO IT, they consider it money laundering.

But I *DO* launder money all the time. Although my method is to forget to remove the couple of dollars from my pants pocket when I thow my clothes in the washing machine...

Old 10-12-2010

Longevity: 80%

you can read the guide in several hours, but as was recommended, read it a few times over , ther will be things you miss in the first go that are important

I too was on ebay for many years with thousands of fb, and then one day poof, my only source of income gone... NOT funny.

never again...
Old 10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
but i *do* launder money all the time. Although my method is to forget to remove the couple of dollars from my pants pocket when i thow my clothes in the washing machine...

Last edited by Autumn; 10-12-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-12-2010

Default same thing

I read the stealth guide last year and did "sort of" what was written there. well it brought me to almost a year and that was is shut down. I read it again and paid more attention and... right got shut down. so I have been reading it over and over again and finally with help on this forum did everything like it was mentioned in the guide and .... so far so good. accounts are running and nothing happened. the other time I tried to avoid one tiny little thing mentioned in the guide and almost got hit again but I got immediate help on the forum and managed to get out. I also would like to say that some of the wordings in the forum sound illegal but honestly if anything it is only against ebay rules which are not legitimate anyway.
Old 10-13-2010
MU

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna View Post
I read the Stealth Guide last year and did "sort of" what was written there. well it brought me to almost a year and that was is shut down. I read it again and paid more attention and... right got shut down. so I have been reading it over and over again and finally with help on this forum did everything like it was mentioned in the guide and .... so far so good. accounts are running and nothing happened. the other time I tried to avoid one tiny little thing mentioned in the guide and almost got hit again but I got immediate help on the forum and managed to get out. I also would like to say that some of the wordings in the forum sound illegal but honestly if anything it is only against ebay rules which are not legitimate anyway.
gotta love how big corporations get away with stuff.
Old 10-13-2010

Longevity: 82%

Yeah, it's a bummer what happened, we were all bummed when we got kicked off. With the help of the forum though many of us are back on our feet and running stronger than we were before.

I would not call the Stealth Book "rubbish". I've read all kinds of ebooks, really all kinds, probably 50+. Books on how to make money, motivational, educational, etc. The Stealth Book was by far the best investment. It's also one of the only ones I actually shelled out the cash to pay for.

Without knowing information on why the account was suspended, theres no way to tell what can be done. My short and simple answer would be there is nothing you can do to get reinstated, it's nearly hopeless. However, with enough research and if you've got a half-working brain you can get back up to speed within 3-6 months with new accounts using the techniques within the book.

-Albert Einstein
Old 10-14-2010
Threadstarter  

Default Thanks

People keep telling me that if Ive only been suspended once then I will more than likely get reinstated...
Is this true? Im worried doing things the stealth way . Does it involve starting everything new, bank accs, phone number etc and deleting all cookies from our computer..
What does it involve?
Are there any other good clothing auction sites at all??
Thanks
Old 10-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

3 posts asking the same questions. Time for you to sit down and read what goes on in the life of a suspended ebay seller. I understand the need to be reassured. This is ebay and they dont do reassurance. Here we do try to help each other so if you work out your plan, post it and we can help you then.
'People' say anything. You might get the account back. You might not. Your next step is to decide what to do. If it means to go stealth to sell on ebay then you need to decide. And yes it is start from the begining again or not use ebay.
Old 10-15-2010
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmetcalfe View Post
People keep telling me that if Ive only been suspended once then I will more than likely get reinstated...
Is this true? Im worried doing things the stealth way . Does it involve starting everything new, bank accs, phone number etc and deleting all cookies from our computer..
What does it involve?
Thanks
if you go stealth you have to get all kinds of new stuff. the good thing is if you what your selling is gonna give you good profit then your good.

if you have a legit account with your real info you can try. i said try. you can try to save it with ebay either they re-instate it or not. its a 50/50 win or lose. just give ebay what they want. some people give them what they want and they still get denied. so just go for it. part of life.
Old 10-15-2010

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmetcalfe View Post
What does it involve?
Thanks
It depends what you were suspended for . Yes it does mean mean changing your info, and it sounds like a monumental task, but do just one step a day. Then before you know it you will be there.
At least one step a day , and do it carefully.
Old 10-15-2010

My account is suspended too, they ask for 3 documents, I faxed the documents to ebay last week and emailed them twice but has no response. And on day 3 of suspension, I got an email that told me to fax again the documents. and I did faxed the documents again, it's been 8 days I have faxed them twice and emailed them 5 times!!

I hope your account will be reinstate..Just call eBay for faster response!