What will eBay ask me when they call me? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 10-16-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default What will eBay ask me when they call me?

Hello. I just recently got my eBay account suspended... apparently eBay called my {phony] phone number and I did not pick it up, so they suspended me. I contacted eBay via live chat and I managed to give them a new number to reach me at. the representative told me they would contact me sometime tomorrow to help me get reinstated. She said that the suspension was supposedly random and something they do to new and existing members as some type of security measure.I just want to know what it is they are going to ask me tomorrow when they call me? What should I rehearse or be prepared for? Here is the suspension notice I received:

We regret that your eBay account has been suspended.

As per clause 9 of the eBay User Agreement, we may take this action if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide us.

To familiarise yourself with our User Agreement, go to:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/polici...agreement.html

For details on our other policies, go to:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/overview.html

Due to the suspension of your account you are prohibited from using eBay in any way. This includes registering a new account.

Please note that this does not relieve you of your obligation to pay any fees you may owe to eBay.

We need you to take action. For more information about why your account may have been suspended and what steps to take now, please go to:
http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/accoun...-accounts.html

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,

eBay

H3034

Last edited by creznor; 10-16-2010 at 08:13 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-16-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 83%

By the way if you didn't notice, the ebay site that was linked in the suspension email I got from ebay was from the Australian website, which I find very odd as I did not create the account with Australian information or under an Australian IP address. Does anyone know why this happened?
Old 10-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Yep, these notices are coming in from anywhere but the site of registration. Wehter it's a glitch or not that's not determined. Users have had the notices come in Chinese without even using that site.

Back to your question: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-su...ification.html

There's a whole gambit of what might happen. Somewhere there's a post where a user said they got asked their height The thread is fairly definitive.

Usual approach, passwords, info security questions DOB and confidence.
Old 10-16-2010

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Yep, these notices are coming in from anywhere but the site of registration. Wehter it's a glitch or not that's not determined. Users have had the notices come in Chinese without even using that site.

Back to your question: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-su...ification.html

There's a whole gambit of what might happen. Somewhere there's a post where a user said they got asked their height The thread is fairly definitive.

Usual approach, passwords, info security questions DOB and confidence.
Don't you just love ebay - let you get on their site, maybe have listings running with bids, then suspend you - so all your recent buyers TOTALLY lose confidence in you ( and ebay) and file paypal claims so you are out of money and product...but you still must pay your fees!!!

anyway, on to your verification, they will likely ask why your phone # didn't work , you may say you moved or whatnot, then know your name, full address, the email associated with the account - I got asked that- dob and anything that will have been submitted when you registered. After that it could be a crap shoot, I think its best to maybe be very calm and very pleasant to the agent, and ever so cheerful and compliant, they like that. Tell them how helpfull they are and how great they are for helping you ...
Old 10-17-2010

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM View Post
Don't you just love ebay - let you get on their site, maybe have listings running with bids, then suspend you - so all your recent buyers TOTALLY lose confidence in you ( and ebay) and file paypal claims so you are out of money and product...but you still must pay your fees!!!

anyway, on to your verification, they will likely ask why your phone # didn't work , you may say you moved or whatnot, then know your name, full address, the email associated with the account - I got asked that- dob and anything that will have been submitted when you registered. After that it could be a crap shoot, I think its best to maybe be very calm and very pleasant to the agent, and ever so cheerful and compliant, they like that. Tell them how helpfull they are and how great they are for helping you ...
So much for the customer is always right crap they keep slapping us with.

I would just say I changed my number, as someone was giving me odd phone calls, then you do not need to change the address.
Old 10-22-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

They ask anything and everything that you gave them as INFO, that is why you keep a XML project of ALL the info from the account, right down to the street you grew up on.