I bought the stealth program need help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 10-08-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default I bought the stealth program need help

I'm really getting annoyed here I have followed everything possible to try and get a new ebay account and every time I get shut down due to competition on the items I am selling. How can I register in another country but be from the US
THANKS
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Welcome to the forum.

Take this whatever way you like but listing in another country is not the solution.
When you say shut down what notices ae you getting?
For starters why sell your old stuff on a new account? If you have competition & they spot the listings then you are gone.
Tell me more about what you are doing

If you have the program, have you got your activation key yet?
Old 10-10-2010
Threadstarter  

I sell dresses. I was once already verified by the vero department and my listings were reinstated. All of a sudden a whole bunch of dumb asses started listing the same dresses but at below wholesale and well the company pulled everyone and has to gert verified all over again. I'm pist cause sellers in Canada and UK can list over 20 of the same items on a new name and not get veroed. I see new user ids everyday and there the same people and they use the same photo of the dress over and over so there are like over 10 new different sellers selling the same exact dress with the same picture.

I'm legit I don't sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗. when I start a new id why am I being taken down
Old 10-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Is it the VERO member remvoing your listings, or eBay?

If it is the VERO member, then you are on their radar for whatever reason. That would be something you would have to work out with them.
Old 10-11-2010
Threadstarter  

I have worked it out with them, but members I know for a fact that it is other members reporting me.

I did all the verification with the vero department from the company in question and they lifted the suspension and reinstated my auctions. All of a sudden 2 months later I get veroed again why? If I was already verified. How are these other sellers able to list the same items and not get pulled and the funny thing is I know for a fact 100% that what they are selling are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ there are sellers who are even using the same pictures over and over and when I say sellers I mean different sellers you got JOE selling a dress and you got BLOW selling the same thing with the same picture. how?
Old 10-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

OK...

This is something you need to ask the VERO member about. It is not eBay's fault. Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) if a copyright or trademark owner sends a notice of infringement to eBay, then they MUST remove the material or they become legally liable for the infringement. Not just eBay, but ANY website.

Now here is where it gets screwy...

If they send an infringement of COPYRIGHT notice, then you could file a counter-notice to get your listings put back up. Once eBay receives it, they would notify the VERO member (copyright owner) of your counter-notice. Then, the copyright owner has - I believe - 10 days to file a lawsuit against you in federal court for infringement. If they don't, the listing goes back up.

However, if they file a TRADEMARK infringement notice, then the listing is done for good. There is NOTHING in the DMCA about a counter-notice for trademark infringement. So you are at the mercy of the VERO member.

The two users posting the same photo may be the same person. And they very well COULD be selling counterfeit merchandise. But if the VERO member does not file a notice with eBay regarding their listing, they are in the clear.

It is not fair. But that is the eBay way.

You might want to email the VERO member and remind them that they cleared you two months ago, and ask what the problem is. Alternatively, you MIGHT be able to file a lawsuit against the VERO member, but I don't know if this would work. The law can be quirky sometimes. You would have to ask an attorney about this.

Another solution... Go stealth and try listing the item on the new account. But there is no guarantee that the VERO member won't just take that listing down as well.

I know it is frustrating, but this is reality.
Old 10-16-2010
Threadstarter  

Hi Jeff,

Sorry for the late reply.

I have 2 different accounts one is mine and the other is my mom's

when my account got pulled I emailed the vero people and I got a response and they asked me to send them pictures of the items I was selling and I did, they reinstated me and now suspended again, I did tell them that this happened before and I was cleared and asked them why, and how to prevent this from happening again. I received an email back asking me to send pictures which I did but this time I haven't heard anything back and it has been over a month.

As for my mom's account they just suspended it for a year. I wrote to the vero people and didn't hear back from them for over 2 months I kept sending emails finally I got a response and they asked for pictures as well. I sent them and nothing yet.

These are the messages I get.
- Item(s) is a counterfeit product which infringes the trademark owner's rights

This does suck but I guess it's a waiting game
Old 10-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Also remember that we all use the term VERO MEMBER. But really, it is a VERO ACCOUNT.

There is no guarantee that the person looking at this is the SAME person. They could have many different employees looking at these. Or, one person could have moved on and another took their place.

What looks legitimate to one person, may seem ⊗⊗⊗⊗ to another. There is only so much you can tell with a picture.

All you can really do is send an email from time to time (since this is for TRADEMARKS, right?) and hope they respond.

I don't know if lawmakers purposely left no options in the law for alleged trademark violations, or if it was an oversight, but it DEFINITELY invites abuse from Trademark owners, giving them the power to remove anything they want to.

And I understand your frustration, because you have the real thing, you did everything right, and yet YOUR listings are gone and I am sure you can probably find 100 listings right now containing obvious ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I wish I had a better answer for you.

There IS a forum I know of that specializes in these issues - TabberOne.com - and someone there may be able to offer further help.
Old 10-22-2010

Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Quote:
Originally Posted by missi79 View Post
I'm really getting annoyed here I have followed everything possible to try and get a new ebay account and every time I get shut down due to competition on the items I am selling. How can I register in another country but be from the US
THANKS
Sometimes it's the name of the game; however, following all the rules in the "Stealth Book" and you can only CROSS YOUR FINGERS and HOPE for the best...