One of 3 legit accounts suspended - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 10-17-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default One of 3 legit accounts suspended

Hello!
Had one account with legit stuff on it. Talked to LiveChat last week about multiple accounts to clear some things out.

Opened 2 more accounts. No problems! Linked all accounts to PayPal. Everything legit. Nothing to hide.

Tried to use one account today. Listed a cheap item (under $10). 10 minutes later the listing was removed (MC004 eBay Listing Removed) and the account suspended (MC169 NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension).

I get the following message in the suspended account:
Quote:
Your account is currently suspended. Below you’ll find information on why and what to do next.

*Why did we suspend your account?

From experience we know that certain items and actions are more associated with fraudulent activity on eBay than others. As a precaution, we suspend an account if it gives us cause for concern. We then ask for more information before we reinstate the account.

An account suspension in these circumstances is covered in the eBay User Agreement under the heading "Abusing eBay". You can read the entire User Agreement here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/user-agreement.html

*Here's what you should do now:

Please send us all of the following information and we'll review your account:

1) A copy of your driver's license or other government-issued ID that shows your name and address.

2) A copy of a recent credit card statement, bank statement, or utility bill statement clearly showing your name and billing address.

Be sure to include on all documents the user ID and email address for the suspended account you're appealing. You can fax the information to:

Contact info here.

*What happens next?

Please allow three days for us to review your account after we have received your documents. We'll then contact you via email. Your account will remain suspended until we receive and review these documents.

We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to your response so that we can resolve this matter as soon as possible.
I did not get a reason for the suspension in the eBay messages.

Talked to LiveChat again. Told everything. Nothing to hide. Situation remains the same.

The obvious answer would be "Send the info! What's the problem?"

Problems are:
1) I don't have access to a fax machine. I'll lose a lot of time trying to find one. The LiveChat person said that I can't send it by email. But I could do this. The main problem is I don't have a receipt for the item I was trying to sell. From what I've read today about eBay suspension (a very new topic to me) the first step is documents. If you provide that then the second step is almost always the receipt and proof of ownership.

2) I created this account to start a reseller business. So that means I don't have the item, either. The original seller doesn't have receipts and proof of ownership for the items either.

3) Biggest problem of them all: In the emails received from eBay the following thing is mentioned "Unfortunately, during the suspension you won't be able to use eBay in any way, including using existing accounts or registering new accounts." My other 2 accounts have not been suspended. One of them was never used and I will not use it until I clear this matter. The first one has active listings and I worry that it will be suspended too and my buyers will receive the messages that my account has been suspended and think I am a bad seller.

In my last chat with LiveChat the eBay employee said that my accounts will not be suspended and I can sell my items but that goes against what the eBay email states.

The item is a PDF book. Because the seller was from another country, I wrote in the Item location his city and country. I think this threw a red flag or something. Another thing that worries me is the picture from the listing. That was taken from the internet. The website that it was on had no copyright notice and the pic had no watermark. The emails and messages don't mention anything about copyright, though.

What I want to know:

1) If I go to LiveChat and tell them that it's too much hassle for me to fax that info and that I don't have proof of ownership anyway, can I just give up on that ID and mind my own legit businesses with the other 2?

2) Has anyone submitted legit documents to a legit account and failed to submit proof of ownership? What happened after that?

3) Is there any chance for me to keep my legit businesses going until this matter is resolved?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-18-2010

Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK

1. There is only so much live chat will ummm... Well chat with you about. They will direct you to trust and safety. They can't do anything no matter how much you spill your guts to them.

2. The answer is NO. They don't care what your excuse is. Getting away with not proving ownership is not gonna happen.

3. No... All of your accounts are now linked. If one gets suspended they are all toast.

4. You are in deep doo doo so ya better get that light bulb ah flashin if you want to keep your accounts.

5. You have mail.

Last edited by IDK; 10-18-2010 at 01:06 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to IDK For This Useful Post:
rsot (10-18-2010)
Old 10-22-2010

Longevity: 82%

it happen to me almost every time i made new account migrate it to seller account, on the first listing ( no matter if the account was 3 month old )

so, i give what they want
simple, don't waste your time and energy to chat with cs that doesn't have the authority

try
1. www.faxzero.com if you don't have fax machine,
2. just scan and put it in word file, your licensed and bill utility (match your data on ebay account),
3. don't forget to put your email and ebay user id, so they can email you back
4. wait (it depend, can be 2-14 days)
5. pray and good luck
Old 10-22-2010
Threadstarter  

Thank you for your answers. I already faxed the ID and bank statement. All legit. Found a fax. Had to take time off work and pay $2. My main worry is that they ask for proof of ownership. Asked them how can you have proof of ownership for a home made PDF book/manual. They don't know. Original seller can't/doesn't want to help/get involved.

LiveChat has not been very helpful, indeed. The best thing you can expect form chat is a little bit of sympathy if you get a nice person.

What bugs me the most is that I specifically talked to LiveChat before opening the accounts to see if I have to notify someone or send some papers. They said "No!"

chow_ahim, what happened in your case? Did they lift the suspension? Legit or stealth?
Old 12-02-2010
Threadstarter  

Does anyone have an idea on how long this will take? It's been well over a month since I faxed the documents. I got a confirmation from Live Chat on 2 separate occasions that the documents have been received. If I try to get a status update on my case I get nothing but automated emails and pre-written messages forwarded to me by a LiveChat employee.

Is this eBay's way of banning me without having a real reason (as I've said, my business was legit)?
Old 12-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Before you go any further, do realize something most important.

'Legit' is neither here nor there for ebay. All they perceive is an account that they have a problem with: it can be called anything but the bottom line is ebay only cares for ebay.
Dont be repeating it's legit as if that makes it better. If you get stung by ebay it makes it more painful.
At this point I'm aware of ebay taking a considerable time to check out faxed documents. It's a waiting game. 5 weeks for an Australian problem and 4 weeks for a UK problem
Old 12-02-2010

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingTheNightmare View Post
Thank you for your answers. I already faxed the ID and bank statement. All legit. Found a fax. Had to take time off work and pay $2. My main worry is that they ask for proof of ownership. Asked them how can you have proof of ownership for a home made PDF book/manual. They don't know. Original seller can't/doesn't want to help/get involved.

you did not send all the requested info, did you ?

i would have just make A RECIPTE for the item but im not sure now as you might have indicated to live chat that you dont have one.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 12-02-2010
Threadstarter  

Thank you both for the replies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post
you did not send all the requested info, did you ?

i would have just make A RECIPTE for the item but im not sure now as you might have indicated to live chat that you dont have one.
I did send everything they asked. Licence ID and bank statement.
They did not ask for proof of ownership, yet.

What's frustrating is that they said it would take 3 days. If they had been honest from the start and said something like "It will take one year!" that would have been better.
Old 12-04-2010

Longevity: 88%

haha, you got it wrong, they will take forever
Old 01-19-2011
Threadstarter  

So 3 months pass and nothing. Now, the only regret I have is that I faxed my documents and my info. The strange thing is I keep getting emails from ebay on the other 2 accounts inviting me to start selling again. Is this some kind of bait to make me brake the suspension rules?
Old 01-19-2011

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

There are free fax places out there. Faxzero for instance. Google it!
Old 01-19-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymoly View Post
There are free fax places out there. Faxzero for instance. Google it!
The 3 months have passed from the day I've sent the documents.
Old 01-21-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

I am one here who is dead set against linking several accounts to one paypal account.

Way too risky.

3 months is ridiculous.

In those 3 months did you work on making other accounts just in case?
Old 01-22-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
I am one here who is dead set against linking several accounts to one paypal account.

Way too risky.

3 months is ridiculous.

In those 3 months did you work on making other accounts just in case?
I did not make any accounts. I know eBay is very suspicious when it comes to my country. I can't really blame them. I made efforts to start my new small businesses outside eBay.

I find it funny that in one account that has been restricted from buying or selling I find these messages in the "Account" tab:

Quote:
Your policy compliance rating is High
Because you have no severe policy violations, you are not at risk of eBay taking action against your account or listings.
Quote:
Your seller performance is above standard
From the 3 accounts 1 was never used, 1 had only one listing that got removed and got me into this mess (now it says "not a registered user" in that account) and the last one is the performance above standard one.

It's interesting that I keep getting messages to start selling again in the last account.