Oh no, my best account was just suspended :( - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 10-27-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default Oh no, my best account was just suspended :(

MC021. I process a fair amount of refunds, then I got 2 negatives yesterday from 2 different a-holes who didn't even contact me first. Then today another person opened an "item not received" claim in Paypal- scammer, they're in China and they ordered 1 week ago. Of course you haven't received yet!

Is this a permanent suspension? It doesn't say anything about a time limit, I guess I will try to appeal? I am sad, this is my favorite account, had almost 1000 feedback.

I am also worried, I have another powerseller account that sells an entirely different product, and it is a different name. BUT I use the same IP for both these accounts. I'm scared to log into my other account- it will be linked and get suspended, right? Is that account definitely toast too? Or should I reset the IP on that account's computer, and move forward? That account has maybe 300 feedback, been open since 2001 or 2003, and is a powerseller/ 100% positive feedback, no claims opened/ I believe On Nov 1 will go back to a Top Rated Seller status.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-28-2010

Longevity: 81%

Same ip should never be used on multiple stealth or real accounts, try to sort out this suspension on the first account and you will have a better chance to keep the 2nd account alive.
Old 10-28-2010

Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK

Linked......
Old 10-28-2010

Longevity: 78%

Can you reset your IP?

you and I should have a drink, I got slapped twice this week
Old 10-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickJane View Post

I process a fair amount of refunds
How come?

Quote:

this is my favorite account
Is that other account different info? That could cause you a lot of trouble. They are linked for sure
Old 10-28-2010

Longevity: 82%

Ah the MC021, I got this suspension after receiving my 3rd VeRO takedown or 3 MC019's. It's extremely hard to appeal this suspension if you can even appeal at all. It's basically for "raising serious security concerns" which can mean a myriad of things.

I think of it as eBay's universal suspension notice for people who are breaking policies and when they don't want to or don't particularly know the exact reason of why they are suspending you.

-Albert Einstein
Old 10-28-2010
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I was hoping there is some way I could at least keep account #2. I had it this way because this is the way it was before I found this site and the whole stealth thing. Since it worked, i kept these 2 accounts as they were. I was surprised to see my #1 oldest and best account suspended. It has almost 1000 feedback, and the only negatives were from only this past month.
I processed refunds b/c to me, avoiding a negative is important- and I sell low dollar items on this account. So when an international person doesn't receive an item, I will resend or refund. Also, my product has a fair share of defective items- so when someone claims defective- I immediately refund, no return necessary. They're not big vero items.

So you don't think I can at least appeal this suspension? I also just noticed today that someone else is conveniently selling a lot of the same products as me and they copy and pasted all my listings. I spent a LOT of time creating those templates, writing that perfect wording! So frustrating to see some a-hole just copied and pasted it into their listing :(
Old 10-29-2010

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
I also just noticed today that someone else is conveniently selling a lot of the same products as me and they copy and pasted all my listings. I spent a LOT of time creating those templates, writing that perfect wording! So frustrating to see some a-hole just copied and pasted it into their listing :(
Under your current circumstances this won't help you this time, but Ebay will take down sellers listings that flagrantly copy your unique description. I've reported quite a few. The title on the other hand is "fair game" for anyone...no protection.
Old 10-29-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

It happens to all of us. Nearly 3 years ago, my world fell apart when I lost my then-best account, which had 27 feedback. I thought that was a huge loss, as I built each of those feedbacks with sales of my own, no feedback bought. Now, I have several accounts with 1000+ feedback and just last week lost one with 500+.
Old 10-30-2010

Longevity: 85%

could you please paste here, what exactly were the wordings of ebay , i mean did they mention suspended or Indefinitly suspended ???
Old 10-31-2010
MU

Dont know if this has been mentioned before but this is what I do for refunds.

Being as paypal tracks your disputes and refunds, and too many = bad and closure.

When I have someone requesting a refund or something arises where I need to refund I simply send that person there refund amount.

Therefore instead of opening there transaction and click refunding the payment.

I just click send money, enter there email address and the payment amount, making sure to add a few more dollars to cover the fees paypal takes, and then they have there refund and paypal sees it as a payment sent not a refund.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfortuantemistake View Post
Dont know if this has been mentioned before but this is what I do for refunds.

Being as paypal tracks your disputes and refunds, and too many = bad and closure.

When I have someone requesting a refund or something arises where I need to refund I simply send that person there refund amount.

Therefore instead of opening there transaction and click refunding the payment.

I just click send money, enter there email address and the payment amount, making sure to add a few more dollars to cover the fees paypal takes, and then they have there refund and paypal sees it as a payment sent not a refund.

Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for this advice very smart!
I will use this tactic.
Old 11-04-2010

Quote:
So you don't think I can at least appeal this suspension? I also just noticed today that someone else is conveniently selling a lot of the same products as me and they copy and pasted all my listings. I spent a LOT of time creating those templates, writing that perfect wording! So frustrating to see some a-hole just copied and pasted it into their listing :(
If ebay actually gave sellers a chance to appeal, you would have a chance. It is a dictatorship... Nothing else... You account is long gone.
Old 11-04-2010

Very Smart! Never thought of that.