Trademark Infringement / /Copyright / VERO Issues - Cease & Desist letters. - Page 16 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Post Internet Interventions from VERO members

Just came across interesting figures for internet interventions by the top 5 VERO members for 2006.

organization-removed auction listings-cease&desist letters-infringement notices sent-number of items removed

BPI-342628-720-342628-350000
ELSPA-0-0-0-35000
FACT-23036-107-23036-208620
FAST-20-260-155-23
MCPS-2458-0-2458-0

SOURCE - www.ipo.gov.uk/ipcreport.pdf

so 23036 auction listings removed by FACT ( dvds etc) in 2006. Almost 70 a day. the BPI remove almost 1000 a day. cease & desist letters issued to around 0.5% of all removed auctions
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-13-2008

Longevity: 91%

Iam not sure who this "VERO" is but I in fact did receive an "Copyright Violation - Unauthorized Listing Content" I really did not understand such an alert!

I was attempting to sell some Magic wallets..I described it in my own words and used my own pictures...I then replied to ebay that I felt the acutuations were false and unfounded and they should get there facts straight before accusing people...

In addition to that I wrote several sellers in an attempt to see how I was apparently in violation and they selling the very same thing in many instances were not in violation...

result I was suspended in mid emailing....I did write to ebay in hope of resolving my issues...Iam not looking to cause any trouble.
Old 06-13-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI: Theres so many of these Vero folks out there when it comes to cds, and music..
I remember when we owned a bar--
A guy walks in from some 3 letter initial company wanting $400 to play madonnas music on the juke box--I referred him to the amusement company who owned the jukebox--So i guess now theyre on line??
Good luck!
Old 06-15-2008

Default copyright violation

I think I know what happened to you because it happen to me...

I got accused of the same thing and I responded to them very angerly :mad. I told them it was insane that I be wrongly accused and that they needed to make 100% sure that they were right before throwing out Penalties on me. I said also I know iam 100% legitmate.

Two days later they wrote me back saying another seller basically said I "stole there discription" and hence I was in violation of copyright...

they said if i had "evidence" that this was not the case they would rexamine it...Oh I have plenty of evidence....Are discription were completely different...my pictures of course completely different...It was a "power seller"

selling the same exact thing as me accept at a $5.00 higher price so clearly I was a threat...cutting in on there money...so hey what do they do...say iam stealing from them...thats what happen to you man....some "bad" seller

decided you had to go because you were cutting in on there money...Ebay needs to make people who do false reporting pay..Thats ok that "power seller"

that accused me...I got her id...I wonder how many items might suddenly get reported as copywright violations....poor power seller...I think her account might be going down!
Old 06-16-2008

Longevity: 93%

Yeah I got VERO'd by FACT about 5 months ago....nothing really happened, they just VERO'd the listing and ebay cancelled the listing..
Old 06-17-2008

I used the "evidence" to prove that a power seller had made up a false report about me to get me kicked off ebay...lucky for me I save everything and after a week and several

emails....i today received

Dear Davidle2lion,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to the suspension of your account.

We appreciate your efforts to supply the required information. We have
reviewed the details of this suspension. As a result of this review, it
has been decided to reinstate this account.

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter, and
wish you continued success on eBay.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Angie
eBay Customer Support
Old 06-20-2008

HI:
if it were me--I'd ignore the email-- close that email acct and have NO CONTACT whatsoever with them..
Old 06-20-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

$750.00?! Are they NUTS? I would not shell out one penny unless a judge orders you too. Sorry but that sounds stinky to me. I had the same thing happen with some toys and the most i got was a letter telling me to remove the listings and never sell their products again.

I have to agree with the others~~~ignore the letter.
Old 06-20-2008

I would like to ask for some outcomes of other sellers that have received these emails/letters. I received one today that pretty much is similar to the others in the forums. Basically - do not sell, please cooperate, give us buyers, all your inventory, the supplier information, the shipment methods, the customs forms, etc, etc, etc. I know this email was authentic in that the IP address in the email header was legit.

What really peaves me is that I do not think they have anything on me. A buyer got really nasty with me, even when I refunded his money. He refused to "mutually" withdraw the sale, so i simply withheld the $4.00 shipping and Ebay fees from his refund. So, for less than $10.00 this nimrod reported me to the manufacturer.

I honestly think they are on a fishing expedition. I do not see how they would have any proof right now, in that I have the said item. And even further, I am not even convinced this item in not legit. My supplier always does a good job of informing me whether or not items are legit. (Why would he lie to me on these, but not other items?)

1. I will NOT sell these again. That would just be stupid....

2. I damn sure would never send them a sample. In fact, I no longer have any.

3. I sold about 20 of these on this account over 4 months. Ebay busted me on the last ten, all BUY IT NOWs, ENDED/Sold Listings which were shipped over two weeks ago for which I have positive feedback....These all sold for around $60.

4. My contact information is not real, however, I am using a PO Box....I am thinking that the phone number, email address, PO Box all goes down...

SO, BACK TO MY QUESTION.....Sellers, please provide some input as to the outcome in your cases....

Thanks...

Last edited by TMiles; 06-20-2008 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-20-2008

i was reading about this a while ago...cant find the link - sorry.
but the lawyer said any email you receive just ingnore it as it is not legal / binding as an email.
they have to send it to you via mail.

if they are serious you will receive a registered letter in the mail / ups / fedex !

if its email just delete it.
Old 06-23-2008

Longevity: 96%

From what I have seen on the web, nothing ever happens if you ignore it.
Old 06-23-2008

YES_GUYS--just MOVE ON--
IN my case-- I FOUGHT ROLEX USA-- (But some of my goods were coming from A.D.'s--So I know that I know mine were Legit)--
Old 06-25-2008

Default This is ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fabricator View Post
Hello guys, I'm a first time short time... I was so happy to find this forum, I thought I was the only one going through this crap with Ebay.
I'm posting on this discussion because it's happened to me countless times in the past couple of years. It's my full-time business, I haven't even had time to get a website up yet, so when I'm not on ebay it's like being un-employed! Very bad feeling.
Yes as aspkin explained, the best thing to do is not use too many main words in the title to advertise, too many wrong people are seeing your items this way. What you should do is pick a few "safe" items to list under that title, then list your other items in more generic titles, that way when people click on the "safe" items they can just go to see seller's other items and you will still get the traffic of people who really are interested in your product. That's what I do, and you can even switch it on and off; one day have it one title, then switch it the next; this will allow you to at least get some people interested and possibly some watchers or even bids.
What do you mean by too many words in the title? Ive been having major issues with a group of dvds my parents bought me. Most have been taken down, but a group of them went a week, with several buyers, and nothing happened. Then, when I tried to re-list them, they took them all down, and suspended my account. I have buyers trying to pay for items they want and cant! Im sending the reinstate paperwork today, but what gets me is that they say its because of copyright infringement but when I email or chat with customer service, they will not give me a straight answer as to how it is infringement. They will not answer my questions but insist on taking down my auctions and suspending me!
Old 06-28-2008

similar letter received from lacoste.

I should have read this forum beforehand. However, i did reply them by stating that I have no inventory, and I was told by suppliers that these are authentic and I stopped selling after the auction were removed at the first place and no sales ever happened because the auction has been removed. But I am concerned about if vero will be able to check with my sales records because I sold almost 80 pieces of these shirts and if they will really take legal action to against me. Of course, the information provided with ebay isnt correct. However, I think they can get FBI involved and get informations from paypal and my bank if they really want to find me.

It seems to me that the outcome really depends on how desperate they are trying to find you and we really got nowhere to hide. Anyone has any idea about it?
Old 06-29-2008

Did you contact Lacoste my email or phone? Have they responeded?

Thanks
Old 07-03-2008

I just want to follow up on this matter.

Its been 2 weeks since I got email from them and I responded on the same day. Nothing happened so far. I replied through email and include a question for them. Seemingly, they are very busy and I am just not worthy for them. By the way, any one noticed that Ebay has deleted a third of lacoste listing recently. I bet something hugh will arrive soon. If you havent read the letter from insider of Ebay, I think you will like to read about it. :D

Last edited by Modee; 07-04-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 07-03-2008

Longevity: 94%

Lacoste really should start pulling the polos being sold - there are thousands of them.
Old 07-04-2008

Then, Ebay is doing what you want and nobody should be able to sell Vero items and Ebay should change to yardsale.com by just allowing people to sell used handbag, t shirt, shoes, and everything....lol.

Last edited by Modee; 07-04-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 07-05-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyDisgusted View Post
Ok. Opened a new account and maybe I did get carried away w/my listings but only listed 10 items...nothing too fancy-looking. Sold most of those items and this morning woke-up to this lovely header in email:

MC019 eBay Listing Removed: Trademark Violation - Unauthorized Item ( 191512226)

The rest of my listings...only 4 left...were pulled. How do you get around this? Can I email the company of the product I am selling with proof that they are real and not copies? If so, what sort-of proof do they ask for...or...is this just a dead-end? Would really like to continue selling this product. What do you think?

i think someone else report u !
Old 07-14-2008

good ole Modee
Old 07-19-2008

Unhappy

About 3 months ago I recieved a letter from VERO rights owner for "Unathorised use of trade marks". The letter came by registered post and I signed for it. In the letter they requested:

1. I remove all instances of trademark usage in products sold.
2. return all products that bear the trademark and cease and desist in any further dealing that resemble the mark.
3. disclose the name and addresses of any person to whom the products bearing the trademarks have been supplied.
4. Forward them the a cheque for £1000 in respect of legal costs incurred during this investigation..WHAT? CAN SOMEBODY DEMAND MONEY LIKE THIS???.
5. Agree to the above in writing within 7 days otherwise they pursue legal proceedings against me.

Anyway I chose to ignore it and I started selling under another fresh ebay account and I removed all instances of the trademark off ebay and my website and heard nothing from them. However, recently I noticed that some ebay sellers were selling football/soccer jersey keyrings in official team colours but with all trademark logos and sponsors removed i.e essentially a plain jersey with just the name of the team on the front...IS THIS ALLOWABLE? I wasn't quite sure so I reported the seller to ebay for trademark infringment. The seller had no action taken against him so I reported him again and still no action was taken by ebay or VERO member. The seller was a powerseller and about 3500 positive feedback and was registered as a business seller...I had nothing against the seller but I wanted to know if it was ok to sell your own manuactured items of sports team jerseys but with instances of sponsors and logos removed. Since no action was taken by VERO, it led me to believe that it might be OK. So with caution I started to offer my own manufactured products but without reference to trademarks (only official team colours) on my website only...still reluctant to list on ebay after previous episode.

Anyway to cut a long story short. I recently received another letter from the same VERO rights owner titled "LETTER BEFORE ACTION". In this letter they refererd to their previous letter and their request of a written undertaking from me and the sum of £1000 in respect of costs and damages. Futher, it stated they need to seek to recover the investigation costs incurred and suggested that I seek legal advice with regards to this matter as they view the sale of infringing product very seriously.

Furthermore, they wanted me to contact them directly by telephone within 7 days in order to discuss the matter further.

Now I am not quite sure what to do. Should I respond stating that I will be a goodboy and send them the money or should I ignore the letter again (the letter was not sent by registered mail this time around).

Please if anybody has had the same experience or any other advise it will be greatly appreciated!!
Old 07-19-2008

HI: Theres several; threads about this--also the Veteran Vero Expert is Tabberone..she has her own website..
--General Consensus is to IGNORE--but u may have other Violations u arent understanding??
--You may wanna consider showing the letters to your Lawyer??