eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Re-instate old account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/30506-re-instate-old-account.html)

mattytman 04-19-2011 09:57 AM

Re-instate old account

Hey guys

I have an account that came to my attention last week. It's 15 months old with good feedback and verified PP account attached etc.

I listed some V Festival Tickets that I had for sale last summer and eBay/PayPal shut me down requesting proof of owenership etc. I had the tickets on me at the time and someone messaged me through eBay so we met up and did a cash deal. I had about a dozen accounts at the time and just forgot top send in docs.

Now I have sent in all docs (D License, Utility bill etc) and eBay and PayPal are happy with those (both limited). Both eBay and PayPal now want proof of ownership of the tickets. I've discussed with them on the phone that the tickets are 8 months old and long gone! I bought them (cash) from another eBay member so I don't have a receipt.

I've explained that I won't be using the account to sell tickets on there - but they're not listening and say that I won't be reinstated unless I provide proof.

Any ideas??? PM me if need be.

Cheers

P.s. I could do with the account back as I've lost a few this month and bank accounts are drying up :(

ShadyOne 04-19-2011 10:24 AM

edit: deleted my whole previous message after reading it again, it took some time to understand.

Basically you have left an account suspended for 8 months and tried to get it reinstated recently.

They now want proof of ownership for the items you listed on it 8 months ago but you obviously do not have proof for them anymore?

Their is something that is worrying me:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattytman (Post 221032)
I had about a dozen accounts at the time and just forgot top send in docs.

^^^Have you had any other accounts suspended that may contain similar details as the one you are trying to reinstate?

:peace:

mattytman 04-19-2011 11:48 AM

Lol shady,

Yes, that's what I'm saying. I have tried to get an old account re-activated that was suspended 8 months ago. The only thing that they need is proof of ownership for the tickets and I don't have it. They're being very adamant about it. Ironic really because they pulled the listing before it even sold. I've told them I'm not high risk because I'm not selling tickets on the account - but they won't budge on this proof of ownership rubbish.

All my accounts were super-stealth...no way any of the twelve I mentioned were connected in any way at all. Diff address, Voipfone, separate user accounts, fresh IP Address...all stealth. :amen::amen::amen::amen:

ShadyOne 04-19-2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattytman (Post 221063)
All my accounts were super-stealth...no way any of the twelve I mentioned were connected in any way at all. Diff address, Voipfone, separate user accounts, fresh IP Address...all stealth.

I like the way you rock n roll mattytman! :thumb:

You can see why I asked though, no point bringing a possibly linked account from the dead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattytman (Post 221063)
Yes, that's what I'm saying. I have tried to get an old account re-activated that was suspended 8 months ago. The only thing that they need is proof of ownership for the tickets and I don't have it. They're being very adamant about it. Ironic really because they pulled the listing before it even sold. I've told them I'm not high risk because I'm not selling tickets on the account - but they won't budge on this proof of ownership rubbish.

Well, you got nothing to lose have you.

How do you normally provide PP and EB with stealth documents ?? Don't need specifics, just checking we are on the same page ;)

mattytman 04-19-2011 12:10 PM

I usually look really really really really hard and within 15 mins the receipts/invoices manage to form on my computer ... if you catch my drift.

Sometimes I ask people who are selling similar items to 'prove' to me that they are genuine by giving me a sample of their receipt etc...then bingo, I have the info.

Trouble is with this issue is that eBay/PayPal are standing firm on the fact that they need a 'receipt'. They say that 'confirmation' or 'pre-sale' release etc is not enough. It has to be a receipt...(or a picture of me with the item which I am writing a topic on at the moment so you can have a laugh!!).

No one has one any more as it was 8 months ago :(

ShadyOne 04-19-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattytman (Post 221077)
I usually look really really really really hard and within 15 mins the receipts/invoices manage to form on my computer ... if you catch my drift.

Caught it!!! Wink Wink!!!

Quote:

Sometimes I ask people who are selling similar items to 'prove' to me that they are genuine by giving me a sample of their receipt etc...then bingo, I have the info.

If you are not a business seller then this ^^^^ has to be a must on e bay these days!

When your are a business seller, businesses just get invoices from their suppliers.

Quote:

Trouble is with this issue is that eBay/PayPal are standing firm on the fact that they need a 'receipt'. They say that 'confirmation' or 'pre-sale' release etc is not enough. It has to be a receipt...(or a picture of me with the item which I am writing a topic on at the moment so you can have a laugh!!).

No one has one any more as it was 8 months ago :(

How about buying a a ticket for the next one :lol: then create the dates ;)

Anyway still thinking.....

mattytman 04-19-2011 12:29 PM

Genius idea!

Cheers bud - I'm all over it !!!

Take a look at my thread on EBay Discussions :):shocked::shocked:

mattytman 04-21-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

How about buying a a ticket for the next one then create the dates

Anyway still thinking.....
It worked Shady! Cheers

ShadyOne 04-21-2011 02:35 PM