Re-instate old account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-19-2011
mattytman's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 277
Thanks: 47
Thanked 70 Times in 39 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re-instate old account

Hey guys

I have an account that came to my attention last week. It's 15 months old with good feedback and verified PP account attached etc.

I listed some V Festival Tickets that I had for sale last summer and eBay/PayPal shut me down requesting proof of owenership etc. I had the tickets on me at the time and someone messaged me through eBay so we met up and did a cash deal. I had about a dozen accounts at the time and just forgot top send in docs.

Now I have sent in all docs (D License, Utility bill etc) and eBay and PayPal are happy with those (both limited). Both eBay and PayPal now want proof of ownership of the tickets. I've discussed with them on the phone that the tickets are 8 months old and long gone! I bought them (cash) from another eBay member so I don't have a receipt.

I've explained that I won't be using the account to sell tickets on there - but they're not listening and say that I won't be reinstated unless I provide proof.

Any ideas??? PM me if need be.

Cheers

P.s. I could do with the account back as I've lost a few this month and bank accounts are drying up :(
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 04-19-2011
ShadyOne's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,556
Thanks: 186
Thanked 327 Times in 281 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne
Default

edit: deleted my whole previous message after reading it again, it took some time to understand.

Basically you have left an account suspended for 8 months and tried to get it reinstated recently.

They now want proof of ownership for the items you listed on it 8 months ago but you obviously do not have proof for them anymore?

Their is something that is worrying me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattytman View Post
I had about a dozen accounts at the time and just forgot top send in docs.
^^^Have you had any other accounts suspended that may contain similar details as the one you are trying to reinstate?


__________________
"Guess whos back, back again
Shady's back, tell a friend
"

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-19-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-19-2011
mattytman's Avatar
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 277
Thanks: 47
Thanked 70 Times in 39 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Lol shady,

Yes, that's what I'm saying. I have tried to get an old account re-activated that was suspended 8 months ago. The only thing that they need is proof of ownership for the tickets and I don't have it. They're being very adamant about it. Ironic really because they pulled the listing before it even sold. I've told them I'm not high risk because I'm not selling tickets on the account - but they won't budge on this proof of ownership rubbish.

All my accounts were super-stealth...no way any of the twelve I mentioned were connected in any way at all. Diff address, Voipfone, separate user accounts, Fresh IP Address...all stealth.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-19-2011
ShadyOne's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,556
Thanks: 186
Thanked 327 Times in 281 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattytman View Post
All my accounts were super-stealth...no way any of the twelve I mentioned were connected in any way at all. Diff address, Voipfone, separate user accounts, Fresh IP Address...all stealth.
I like the way you rock n roll mattytman!

You can see why I asked though, no point bringing a possibly linked account from the dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattytman View Post
Yes, that's what I'm saying. I have tried to get an old account re-activated that was suspended 8 months ago. The only thing that they need is proof of ownership for the tickets and I don't have it. They're being very adamant about it. Ironic really because they pulled the listing before it even sold. I've told them I'm not high risk because I'm not selling tickets on the account - but they won't budge on this proof of ownership rubbish.
Well, you got nothing to lose have you.

How do you normally provide PP and EB with stealth documents ?? Don't need specifics, just checking we are on the same page

__________________
"Guess whos back, back again
Shady's back, tell a friend
"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-19-2011
mattytman's Avatar
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 277
Thanks: 47
Thanked 70 Times in 39 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
iTrader: (0)
Default

I usually look really really really really hard and within 15 mins the receipts/invoices manage to form on my computer ... if you catch my drift.

Sometimes I ask people who are selling similar items to 'prove' to me that they are genuine by giving me a sample of their receipt etc...then bingo, I have the info.

Trouble is with this issue is that eBay/PayPal are standing firm on the fact that they need a 'receipt'. They say that 'confirmation' or 'pre-sale' release etc is not enough. It has to be a receipt...(or a picture of me with the item which I am writing a topic on at the moment so you can have a laugh!!).

No one has one any more as it was 8 months ago :(
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-19-2011
ShadyOne's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,556
Thanks: 186
Thanked 327 Times in 281 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattytman View Post
I usually look really really really really hard and within 15 mins the receipts/invoices manage to form on my computer ... if you catch my drift.
Caught it!!! Wink Wink!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattytman View Post
Sometimes I ask people who are selling similar items to 'prove' to me that they are genuine by giving me a sample of their receipt etc...then bingo, I have the info.
If you are not a business seller then this ^^^^ has to be a must on e bay these days!

When your are a business seller, businesses just get invoices from their suppliers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattytman View Post
Trouble is with this issue is that eBay/PayPal are standing firm on the fact that they need a 'receipt'. They say that 'confirmation' or 'pre-sale' release etc is not enough. It has to be a receipt...(or a picture of me with the item which I am writing a topic on at the moment so you can have a laugh!!).

No one has one any more as it was 8 months ago :(
How about buying a a ticket for the next one then create the dates

Anyway still thinking.....

__________________
"Guess whos back, back again
Shady's back, tell a friend
"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-19-2011
mattytman's Avatar
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 277
Thanks: 47
Thanked 70 Times in 39 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Genius idea!

Cheers bud - I'm all over it !!!

Take a look at my thread on EBay Discussions
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-21-2011
mattytman's Avatar
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 277
Thanks: 47
Thanked 70 Times in 39 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
How about buying a a ticket for the next one then create the dates

Anyway still thinking.....
It worked Shady! Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-21-2011
ShadyOne's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,556
Thanks: 186
Thanked 327 Times in 281 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne
Default

^^^ Haha, awesome
__________________
"Guess whos back, back again
Shady's back, tell a friend
"
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Should I try to re-instate my account shunterbaby eBay Suspensions 7 06-25-2008 04:09 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts