Abusing Ebay - Little help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-24-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Send a message via AIM to jmg0055
Exclamation Abusing Ebay - Little help

Please help me. How can I prevent getting the dreadful "Abusing eBay" suspension?

I created an account and used all new information, brand new prepaid simon card etc. I then purchased 11 $.50 - $.99 auctions to bump my feedback and was fine for a few days. I was listing about 4 auctions a day with no problems and then decided to pre-list around 30-50 auctions. Within a few hours the account was suspended for "Abusing eBay".

I have rerolled an ebay account with all new information, new simon card, and purchased tangible items such as Stamps for my feedback. Now that I have 10 feedbacks and the account has been active for almost a week; I'm ready to start listing again. Should I limit my listings to 2-4 a day to avoid being suspended?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, I have had trouble finding information on the “Abusing eBay” suspension and I am unaware of what triggers this.

Thanks for viewing!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-24-2007
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

I would start slow for the first month. 30-50 items off the bat will trigger abusing ebay. I find that ebay uses that term as their way of stopping you from being a big seller too fast without proving your identity. If you are able to "verify" your account information, then you should be able to be reinstated in days. I would put up 30 auctions over the course of a week or so. Not one day. After a month of selling on eBay you should be all set to list 50 items in a day.
Old 04-24-2007

worth a try
Old 04-24-2007

Well this ebay user here is new and has like 15 items listed with 0 feedback......His account is like 2 weeks old...

ebay user--- im1bigdog
Old 04-25-2007
Threadstarter  

I have listed 4 items so far on the account. It has been almost 7 hours since I listed them and everything seems ok!

Do you guys think it would be safe to list up to 8 auctions a day on this account? If there is any risk then I'll just hold off and start making a new account for my other 4 items I'm looking to sell.
Old 04-25-2007
Threadstarter  

Also, on this new account I'm going to make: Would it be safe if I purchased 20-25 auctions @ $.50+ ? I did this on my first "new account" and didn’t have any problems listing 4 auctions a day. It's when I decided to prelist 30-50 is when it was suspended for "Abusing Ebay".

^ With the new account that I would buy 20-25 feedback I would only be listing two 99 Quantity auctions every 10 days. So I suspect it might not trigger the suspension.
Old 04-25-2007

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg0055 View Post
Also, on this new account I'm going to make: Would it be safe if I purchased 20-25 auctions @ $.50+ ? I did this on my first "new account" and didn’t have any problems listing 4 auctions a day. It's when I decided to prelist 30-50 is when it was suspended for "Abusing Ebay".

^ With the new account that I would buy 20-25 feedback I would only be listing two 99 Quantity auctions every 10 days. So I suspect it might not trigger the suspension.
People aren't just going to listen with buying low priced feedback , huh Modee and Aspkin? I'm done answering this question. People ask the same question at least 5 times a day..lol I guess they will never get it.
Old 04-25-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPUGEEK View Post
Well this ebay user here is new and has like 15 items listed with 0 feedback......His account is like 2 weeks old...

ebay user--- im1bigdog
I list 15 auctions at $100 the first day and nothing happened.

Just make sure to be another person and play ebay's own game. Like, you can list as many as you want (not over 30 I assume of 100 dollar items) but be sure to be a new person.
Old 04-25-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPUGEEK View Post
People aren't just going to listen with buying low priced feedback , huh Modee and Aspkin? I'm done answering this question. People ask the same question at least 5 times a day..lol I guess they will never get it.
Aye, buying feedback even when you try to be sneaky about it won't work. EBay's system is very sophisticated. They know when you buy your items, what you buy, and how much you buy. If you buy 10 cheap items in a row within a few minutes you're busted. Only people trying to manipulate their feedback would do this and eBay knows it. Trust me on this. Don't do it.

Create your account, and use it just like you're a new user. You don't need feedback immediately, and buying it will do much more harm then good. Trust us on this.
Old 04-25-2007

They seem not to suspend buyers for this, though.

I wonder if it's possible to buy some feedback, then how long can I let the account sit for... 90 days.... a year... before eBay forgets?

I talked with one person who worked as an eBay programmer many years ago and he said that eBay had a problem where they are running out of storage room so he thought it unlikely that eBay would keep the same IPs.

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-25-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
They seem not to suspend buyers for this, though.

I wonder if it's possible to buy some feedback, then how long can I let the account sit for... 90 days.... a year... before eBay forgets?

I talked with one person who worked as an eBay programmer many years ago and he said that eBay had a problem where they are running out of storage room so he thought it unlikely that eBay would keep the same IPs.
Why would you buy feedback then let the account sit, when you could just start selling from day with 0 feedback and buy 90 days is up you could have tons of feedback.(more feedback then letting your account sit)
Old 04-25-2007

Because then I could feature every auction I sell and then when 100K in fees come due, go to a new account and do it all over again.

Feedvack sucks, too. As 99% of those who leave negatives are non paying bidders.

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 04-29-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
Because then I could feature every auction I sell and then when 100K in fees come due, go to a new account and do it all over again.

Feedvack sucks, too. As 99% of those who leave negatives are non paying bidders.
out of curiosity, what do you be selling to rank up 100k in ebay fees?
Old 05-06-2007

Default open five ebay accounts, start to sell on the 3rd account with 0 feedback

I registered 5 ebay account from last month. THe first account and second account are running very smoothly, I have all the documents to get pass by paypal and ebay. Now I start selling on my third ebay account, I registered it as selling account with arvest Gift card, I list 3 items (0.99 starting bid, 3 days auction), my third account got suspended the same day for abusing ebay. And my other accounts are remain strong. What is ebay doing? Can I appeal with success? Is it something go wrong regarding the arvest Gift card?
Old 05-11-2007

My experience with Ebay has been that if you come right out of the box listing high priced items or items that will draw a high price they slam your account closed. Especially if you happen to be listing in a category where counterfeits are sold.
Personally, I think this is wrong cause on one hand Ebays stance is that they are a "platform" and have no responsibility but now it seems they are getting more and more proactive (policing their site)