Starting over, yet again! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-24-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Default Starting over, yet again!

I have managed to make a new ebay account using my parents computer (they live in Luxembourg like me, but in a different city) using their name and credit card (my mom has a different family name) so i am thinking that the IP issue is solved now.
My questions is, while having the other account (the one that got suspended) i used to check my auctions from my parents computer everynow and then, not too often though. Is is possible to have any problems with my new account now? Can ebay see that a few months ago, for instance, i logged into my suspended account from my parents comp and see the IP??
I know that meanwhile my dad reinstalled windows, so i suppose all the previous data is lost and can't be tracked....
I know i sound paranoid, but it's a "disease" that ebay inoculated me.

I see that some people here say that when they get their account suspended (again!!) they just make a new one using a different address and Credit Card.
I live in Europe and so far i have used my boyfriend's name, address and CC, mine and now my parent's info. What can i do if i get suspended again? How can i get a new address, name and CC?
I understood what i have to do to change my IP and proxy, but what about all the personal info and addresses?? How can i get a new address and a new name? So far i have used mine, my bf and my parents'....

Thank you!!!!

Claudia
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-24-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Howdy dia.warner!

First off, if you haven't read the eBay suspension guide, I urge you to do so. It's a long read too so bring up your favorite drink while you're at it.

As for the IP address, yes if it's the same you used on your suspended account you could have some problems in the near future. The wipe of the HD may save you though since there are no past eBay cookies on the machine.

Umm.. Read the guide, and I'm sure Modee will be here soon to give you some advice too!

Cheers!
Old 04-24-2007
Threadstarter  

Thank you for your answer.
I have read the guide a few days ago so i pretty much cleaned my computer of all the cookies, temp files and other "dangers".

I am waiting now for my expanded number so i can get on with my paypal account
I will use a different site for hosting (i am thinking of using Vendio), i will take new photos of my stuff and change the text i was using (the descriptions).

The responsible for eBay Europe is in Luxembourg (where i live) and i am thinking that this time (i am using a different name, address and computer thanks to my parents willing to help me) if they give me a hard time i can go at eBay Lux (in my mom's "name because the account is made on her name and it's her CC) and ask them for an explanation.

Hell, if i have to, i will bring them all the bags and stuff i have for sale. I'll have a garage sale in front of their building =)))

Thanks again for you answer,

Dia
Old 04-24-2007
Threadstarter  

One more thing, the suspention guide is the best thing that has ever happened to me
All the frustration i accumulated during this "trial" with ebay is almost gone.

I am glad to see there is someone how cares and can help eBay users.

Now i know i was not crazy or alone on this situation.

Dia