Will eb ay link us, by just VIEWING our stealth accounts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 05-21-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Will eb ay link us, by just VIEWING our stealth accounts?

So far I've got 3 stealth accounts and one legit account.
I called eb ay a couple of weeks ago, and asked if they'd raise the limits on my legit account, and they said that they see it's "linked" to some other accounts on their site, and right now they'd like me to simply continue, with the limitations, and they will continue monitoring things. I suspect they are seeing that this legit account, is linked to some past accounts that were suspended years ago.

Interesting.....

I'm on day 100 of this legit account, and still have the 10 item/month limit.

Anyways...I digress....that doesn't have much to do with my question....

So, I log into my legit account in the morning, and see how my auctions are doing. I then go into eb ay's Advanced search, and see how my auctions are doing, on my stealth accounts.

Question: Do you think I'm running the risk of linking all my accounts, by simply "viewing" the stealth accounts on ebay, while logged in from my legit account?

Bare in mind, whenever I log into a stealth account, I always switch Windows User ID's, and IP addresses.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

It is not a guaranteed link, but it is certainly POSSIBLE.

I wouldn't risk it.
Old 05-21-2011
Threadstarter  

Yes, I agree it's possible...
But, I'm trying to imagine the scenario...
eBay suspends me, and then they look at my browsing history, to see what other sellers on eBay I browse...and then they scrutinize them.....seems a little far fetched....
Old 05-21-2011

hi

have you asked yourself why the accounts are linked/under suspicion?

To be honest, i'd say you are pushing it doing that - i mean do you search other non-related sellers this way during the same session?
I would'nt do that again - it seems like they are watching your activities so...

Best Wishes for that account
Old 05-21-2011
Threadstarter  

Yes. I'm quite sure my legit account is under suspicion, because it's using a ppal account that was used by a suspended user. why they are leaving my legit account alive, confuses me.

And, yes, I search other non-related sellers this way, too, during the same session...reviewing competition.
Old 05-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Just an FYI....

My advice on this matter is based on what I have seen from our most expereinced and successful users.

The most successful users are those who are obsessed with eliminating ANY possible risks. So, even if something SEEMS far-fetched, if there is another way to do it, then WHY take the risk?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
CybertronLaser (12-06-2011), Dude (05-25-2011), newjerseymax (05-21-2011)
Old 05-22-2011

Longevity: 76%

I'm with jeffweico on that
Old 05-22-2011

Me Too!
Old 05-22-2011
Threadstarter  

Why take the risk?
Because the effort to avoid the risk, may far outweigh the risk itself.

There's also a risk, that eB ay may be dropping cookies elsewhere than in our registry and in Adobe. But, you don't see us buying, and using, new and separate PC's for each stealth account. Why? Cuz that effort outweighs the risk.

So, asking "why take the risk?", is a pointless question....until it's qualified with the risk being considered....and thus the purpose of my original question.

You folks are suggesting that I change my IP address, just to look and see how one of my stealth accounts items are selling, and then change it again to check another, and over and over and over. Since I can't be teathered to a mobile phone, changing IP addresses isn't effortless. So....doing as you are suggesting, is with great effort.

However, as I think about this...perhaps one rather effortless method, would be to have an Auctiva account linked to each stealth account, and then through Auctiva, I can check on auction bids/status.
Old 05-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCove View Post
So, asking "why take the risk?", is a pointless question....until it's qualified with the risk being considered....and thus the purpose of my original question.
IMO I think it is worth the effort - I HIGHLY value eb & pp accounts. They are a needed source of income.

Quote:

There's also a risk, that eB ay may be dropping cookies elsewhere than in our registry and in Adobe.
I am well aware of the methods and/or systems that can be implemented - after all eb & pp are not short of cash.

Quote:
But, you don't see us buying, and using, new and separate PC's for each stealth account. Why? Cuz that effort outweighs the risk.
Says who?
I'm going to keep my most valuable accounts totally seperate and that means seperate machines. I'll probably eventally run an experiment to test the "is it safe to use one pc method".
I know a there are some very successful stealthers (long-term) that use seperate machines, but there are also successful stealthers using one machine.

Auctivia should work if you really dislike resetting your ip continuously.
Old 05-22-2011

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Why take the risk?
Because the effort to avoid the risk, may far outweigh the risk itself.

There's also a risk, that eB ay may be dropping cookies elsewhere than in our registry and in Adobe. But, you don't see us buying, and using, new and separate PC's for each stealth account. Why? Cuz that effort outweighs the risk.

You folks are suggesting that I change my IP address, just to look and see how one of my stealth accounts items are selling, and then change it again to check another, and over and over and over. Since I can't be teathered to a mobile phone, changing IP addresses isn't effortless. So....doing as you are suggesting, is with great effort.

However, as I think about this...perhaps one rather effortless method, would be to have an Auctiva account linked to each stealth account, and then through Auctiva, I can check on auction bids/status.
You must decide the value of your accounts. You must decide what steps you need to take to protect them and you must decide whether it is worth the effort or not.

We can SUGGEST to you that we would or would not do things differently but you must decide.

Many of the people on here speak from bad experience and offer their knowledge - but you must decide if it has any value to you (It doesn't cost you anything!)
Old 05-22-2011

mate, my opinion is they are right on to you - but they are watching to see what other accounts you have.

Same thing happened to me - thought I was being clever too - have a MAC, so don't have to worry too much, but use three different browsers and NetShade proxy and the pricks still found me and canned eight linked accounts.. my stupid fault.

My lesson - just sell, don't watch or entertain your own listings !
Old 05-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Best to just log off and switch accounts - or make an account only for buying and monitor your other stuff from there.
Old 05-23-2011
Threadstarter  

I thought that in order to browse other sellers auctions, we needed to log into eb ay first, but I was able to browse one of my stealth accounts today, w/o logging in at all. That tells me that ebay isn't tracking what auctions we are looking at.
Old 05-23-2011

you can look at their auctions but to look at their feedback u must log-in.
Old 05-24-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Quote:
I thought that in order to browse other sellers auctions, we needed to log into eb ay first, but I was able to browse one of my stealth accounts today, w/o logging in at all. That tells me that ebay isn't tracking what auctions we are looking at.
If you are using the same user account and IP, they are likely tracking your search history for both your stealth account and your guest 'account'.

Would like to see what everyone else says though.
Old 05-24-2011

I would say they are.
I am also very careful when browsing eb
Old 05-25-2011

Longevity: 83%

This is like returning to the scene of a crime and getting caught that way.

You should only access the stealth accounts when you need to. Every time you log-on or access them you give E-Bay more info that may haunt you later. Just checking your accounts for the entertainment value isn't that exciting really ,other than the thrill of not getting caught doing it.

If you do need to watch them for some reason or another anyway, go to a public computer where there could be thousand of searches already from that IP. That will really confuse anyone trying to track searches.
The Following User Says Thank You to Road-Kill For This Useful Post:
CybertronLaser (12-06-2011)
Old 05-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

They don't suspend you for viewing the listings of your other stealth accounts, I can confirm this for a fact.

It doesn't mean this won't change in the future, although unlikely.
The Following User Says Thank You to BiN4RY For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2011
Threadstarter  

Thank you, BiN4RY.
The Following User Says Thank You to TurtleCove For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

I often use terapeak to check things when I am running a lot of stuff and do not want to keep switching users over and over and never of course log into ebay.

Never had an issue so far.

But I also have a nice list of users who sell similar items and I always make sure I look in on them as well so it does not appear I am only looking at my listings just in case. Paranoid yes but I always look over more sellers on purpose as a precaution.

Just like when I start a new account I always find a category and put items on watch list and even bid on items with reserves knowing I wont win it anyway.

Terapeak gives me the opening to check several accounts without issues.
Old 05-29-2011

Yes, you are running a risk to all your accounts, once they suspect you they watch all your movements an similarity between all accounts even item you are sailing etc need to Be careful dude ظ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk