got suspended for selling items off TRADETANG - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-01-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default got suspended for selling items off TRADETANG

i found a wholesale website called tradetang. At the time i havent used ebay at all and was new at it, didnt even know the restrictions/policies.I myself saw all these cheap items on tradetang and said wow!!!, i can make money off of cheap ipods... little did i know they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗, looked real but programmed totally in some chinese version.....so i bought 10 of them and posted them on ebay as ipods.. i didnt even turn them on because they were all sealed in the case. Anyways a week later, BOOM!!! 8 neg. feedbacks account got suspended for fraudulent items...so i was very angry cause i didnt know they really were im 16 years old. so how would i know or understand. so i called ebay and i explained and told them everything of where i got the items and told them didnt know ...and they still told me you violated the policies and account is suspended forever.... and i told them, that was my first time selling and asked them too see if im linked to other accounts...and they still tell me that it cant be reinstated even after i apologized, told them the truth and gave the buyers their refunds....

is their anyway to solve it?can age play apart of it? im 16

im kinda sad to to know that i cant sell on ebay forever because of my dumb mistake especially at a young age
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-01-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Send a message via Yahoo to happycustomer

you said you were 16 about 3 times? lol
Old 06-01-2011

Longevity: 84%

If only you could get reinstated by simply saying sorry, I'd be calling them over and over again for the next week lol with the help of a voice changer, of course ~
Old 06-01-2011

Longevity: 75%

Unfortunately ignorance of their policies etc is not an excuse. As far as they will be concerned it is your responsibiltiy to ensure that you read their policies and procedures blah blah. Age has got nothing to do with it- you can read I presume. You will never be able to open a new account with eb@y or p@ypal using the details of your suspended accounts as they will get linked pretty fast.

If you still want to sell I recommend that you have a good look through the forum for information or/and buy the stealth guide which will save you hours of trawling through thread. Good luck and welcome to our world.
Old 06-01-2011

Longevity: 76%

It's a real poo isn't it?

You were never going to get anything out of this. Ebays rules are that you have to be 18 to use their platform. Telling them you're only 16 was never going anywhere.

Ebay are totally lacking in compassion or sympathy. They certainly do not like ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ipods! The publicity they have had over the years concerning ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods means they have an absolute no tolerance policy towards it. Their attitude is that their business name means a lot more than your bit of profit.

The only thing you can do now is accept the fact that Ebay will never let you trade on their site under your own details and you must now study and find out how to get around this limitation.

Learn from this and stay away from ⊗⊗⊗⊗. If it looks too good to be true then it probably is.

Good luck with your endeavours.
Old 06-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@robik, welcome to the forums. Sadly age will not save you - as your DUTY as a seller, you are required to know your items. That's how sales take place - faith. But I am not here to go on and on about principles.

Not the end of the world but the end of the line for THAT info you used to register on eb +/- pp (depends which got suspended). You need to go fresh and STEALTH and find inventory that you can back up with research.

All the best.
Old 06-01-2011

Dang you had to give ebay your source????????
Old 06-01-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Many people get suspended this way. Age doesn't matter to eBay/PayPal. You have to be 18 to use them anyway. 18 is deemed a responsible age.

A lot of people join the forum disappointed that they cannot sell on eBay again. After you learn stealth, it is possible to register and start selling on eBay again.

Good luck.
Old 06-01-2011
MU

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by robik View Post
i found a wholesale website called tradetang. At the time i havent used ebay at all and was new at it, didnt even know the restrictions/policies.I myself saw all these cheap items on tradetang and said wow!!!, i can make money off of cheap ipods... little did i know they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗, looked real but programmed totally in some chinese version.....so i bought 10 of them and posted them on ebay as ipods.. i didnt even turn them on because they were all sealed in the case. Anyways a week later, BOOM!!! 8 neg. feedbacks account got suspended for fraudulent items...so i was very angry cause i didnt know they really were im 16 years old. so how would i know or understand. so i called ebay and i explained and told them everything of where i got the items and told them didnt know ...and they still told me you violated the policies and account is suspended forever.... and i told them, that was my first time selling and asked them too see if im linked to other accounts...and they still tell me that it cant be reinstated even after i apologized, told them the truth and gave the buyers their refunds....

is their anyway to solve it?can age play apart of it? im 16

im kinda sad to to know that i cant sell on ebay forever because of my dumb mistake especially at a young age
LOL, i bet you were really happy when you researched you could make some quick money. If it was only this easy in life lol. Good Luck!

Last edited by FandangoKango; 06-01-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 06-01-2011

Lol yeah right, new genuine things for a 1/5th of the price.
Old 06-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

This is a tough lesson, but you will move on to better and bigger things. Stay in school, go to collage and get a good education... If I had the chance to do it allover again...
Old 06-01-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

I think you have learned the lesson and don't give up selling on ebay, but next time, search new items carefully. I think you should buy the ebay ebook from aspkin and start it again. Good luck!
Old 06-02-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

When I was 12, many, many, many years ago, I picked up opne of my Mom's newspapers (tabloid type). Inside I read an ad that guaranteed riches. I was SO EXCITED! I imagined how I would spend all of the money as I was taking over the world. Of course, a couple of weeks later I was totally depressed to find out it was all just a bunch of BS.

So don't feel too bad. We all make mistakes. You lost an eBay account and some money that you spent to buy the merchandise. But at least that is as far as it is likely to go.

From the sound of your post, I believe that you are an honest person and wouldn't have been involved in the first place had you known these were counterfeits. It's a tough lesson, but one that will help you in the future. We learns from our mistakes. Had I not made my share of mistakes, I probably would not be where I am today.

Just as an FYI... Any items that are trademarked or copyrighted cannot legally be brought into the country for resale UNLESS you have the permission of the rights owner.

eBay is unforgiving, but it is not the end of the world. Stealth can always get a new account for you. Not to mention, there are other sales venues such as Amazon. eBay isn't the only game in town.

In a couple of years, you will look back on this and laugh.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
FandangoKango (06-02-2011), GrannyT (06-02-2011)