MC999 Ebay listing removed - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-22-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Question MC999 Ebay listing removed

Hello,
I am new to these selling restrictions, but reading these threads have helped a great deal. I listed an extra Insanity workout I received as a gift and the item was removed for the stock photo..I re-posted it with a different pic and different description and then received this message:
Your listing has been removed.
Your item was removed because of a request we received from BeachBody, LLC (formerly Product Partners, LLC), a member of our Verified Rights Owner Program (VeRO), asking us to remove the item for:
- Item(s) infringes copyrights (for example, a bootleg recording of a live performance, a pirated copy of media such as software or movies, or an unlawful copy of copyrighted works such as text, paintings, or sculptures).

For more information on why your item was removed, you should:
- Contact BeachBody, LLC (formerly Product Partners, LLC) directly at antipiracy@beachbody.com with your questions or concerns.
- Wait 7 days for BeachBody, LLC (formerly Product Partners, LLC) to reply to you. Although most VeRO participants are willing to respond to polite email, please know that they aren't obligated to reply.
- If after 7 days you haven't received a response from BeachBody, LLC (formerly Product Partners, LLC), please contact us by simply replying to this email.

The rights owner or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the rights owner, BeachBody, LLC (formerly Product Partners, LLC), notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law.

Only copyright owners can copy, distribute, perform, or publicly display their work. Unauthorized copies include (but aren't limited to) backup, pirated, duplicated, or bootlegged copies.

Because the item in your listing was reported by the rights owner as being an unauthorized copy, you're not allowed to relist, advertise, or offer it for sale on any eBay site or service around the world.

Here's more information on our policy:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...unterfeit.html

And you can learn more about copyrights here:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/copyrights.html

You may need to take a tutorial. If it's required, you may be asked to take it the next time you sell. Once you've completed the tutorial successfully, please review your account status for any other possible concerns. If there are no other issues, you should be able to sell again.

To take the intellectual property tutorial, please visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/tutorial/...ial/intro.html
Please be aware that any additional violations of this policy may result in the suspension of your account. We understand that you may be concerned about this situation.
We encourage you to contact BeachBody, LLC (formerly Product Partners, LLC) directly if you have any questions.

I then contacted Beachbody and this was there response:Hello,

As the sole producer and distributor of INSANITYŽ we are well-acquainted with our product line. The listings offer counterfeit versions of our exercise program; the images posted are of fraudulent versions of our product, hence the copyright notification and subsequent removal of your eBay postings.

While you may not be aware that the products you are offering for sale are counterfeit, we trust you appreciate that copyright law requires Beachbody, LLC to protect its intellectual property and we highly value our copyrights. You might consider informing your source of the fraudulent nature of the products and returning the products for a refund.

Regards,
Priscilla Isham

Anti-Piracy & Brand Enforcement Administrator

MY QUESTION IS: Can I open another ebay account and sell the same item with out being suspended or worse...basically what should I do from here?
I just would like to get it worked out and sell under the same account

All advice will be much appreciated ..Thanks!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-22-2011

Longevity: 75%

If you list it again on your current account your account will more than likely be suspended.

I suggest you find another venue and sell it as used
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
modernissa (06-22-2011)
Old 06-22-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks...
When you say venue...are you referring to opening another account and then selling it as used?

Thanks
Old 06-22-2011
MU

Longevity: 81%

You might get away selling it on different accounts bit by bit or buy it now price so buyers buy it quick.
Old 06-22-2011

Find out if the copy you're trying to sell is authentic. If your friend didn't buy it DIRECTLY from Beach Body, it's not. There's no if's about that.

I suspect that'll be the end of this one.
Old 06-22-2011

you will have to change your pic and ad description as they are now flagged, but yes you should be able to sell small quantites using buy it now on another stealth account.
The Following User Says Thank You to besttimedeals For This Useful Post:
modernissa (06-22-2011)
Old 06-22-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks...I really hope this works...ohhh. .one more question...Should I go stealth including using a different paypal account or should I just link the new account with the existing paypal account..

Thanks in advance
Old 06-22-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

You recived this item as a gift, so I assume that means you do not normally stock/sell this specific item on eBay?

So WHY, after it just got your main eBay account suspended, would you go to ALLL the effort of opening fresh accounts just to list it. Just for one sale!

My advice, either sell the item through a different venue or you could give this item as a gift yourself on your new eBay account

Though I would opt for the first option. Different venue. If the item has a nice value
Old 06-22-2011
Threadstarter  

I dont believe it is suspended from what I understand I just cannot sell that same item..Insanity.. and I have 2 of them..one a gift and one I purchased my self....does that change anything?

Thanks
Old 06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernissa View Post
I dont believe it is suspended from what I understand I just cannot sell that same item..Insanity.. and I have 2 of them..one a gift and one I purchased my self....does that change anything?

Thanks
I don't know the value of what you are selling but it sounds high risk to me. I would let it go - put it on Craigs List or Amazon or Ebid.
Old 06-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Anything beachbody is high risk. They hand down violations left and right. They have lawyers and people even seeking out sellers address and home numbers. They are even active in customs. The copies can be bought well under $20 a piece and sell near $100 at the right time. But its not worth it cause your account will go down quick.
The Following User Says Thank You to newjerseymax For This Useful Post:
modernissa (06-24-2011)
Old 06-23-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernissa View Post

Thanks
No it changes nothing.