Ebay suspended 8 years ago.. any hope??? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-30-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default Ebay suspended 8 years ago.. any hope???

Ok let me make this quick.....

i had a main ebay account started 10 years ago, sold legal items, amassed thousands of positives feedback, virtually no negatives. i was a power seller. i then expanded and started more ebay accounts, all with my same address and background info (big mistake)
on one of those accounts i also did well with feedback but did some listing violations, sold some copyright media type cd-r's. i didnt totally understand or care to read the rules, they removed my stuff once or twice more. and then the atomic bomb. one by one in a matter of a half hour, ebay linked my accounts and they all went down. ill never forget that saturday morning going to each of my emails and reading those "indefinite suspension" emails. i was making a lot of cash. luckily i had a friend in California that let me migrate to his account. i did that while using my PayPal, this was before the companies merged. i am in new york, used his Ebay for 5 years. they never caught on...

so during those first few months of 2003 i tried and tried to get my account back, assumed it would only be a few months, boy was i wrong. i havent tried to get my account(s) back in years and years. i wonder if i should even try???

is there any chance at all with it being 8 years, can i give them a sob story???

they make me CALL IN, via a phone number, i dont want to have them tell me No. i really dont wanna deal with the let down.

thats my exciting story. by the way, i also many years later managed to get my PayPal account suspended and my friends Ebay account limited (selling) and even though i went down their checklist to remove the limitation, they still want to "part ways" with me.

so i guess that means my best bet it to LET GO, once and for all?

any thoughts?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Interesting story.

Right now, you had best to understand how stealth works and make new fresh unlinked accounts for use if you wish to continue.
Old 06-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

Sorry too much text for me to read im afraid.

As rsot states going stealth is the future with regards ebay/paypal for you.

Spreading sales over multiple accounts via making stealth accounts with unlinked information following all the steps required to keep them unlinked means that if you lose one account you dont lose your income. You can just move onto your other stealth accounts and open more and keep operations going.

Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Imakemoney For This Useful Post:
smellybelly (06-30-2011)
Old 06-30-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 92%

my story was pretty boring. but thanks for the advice. the big thing to learn is that if you have any doubt? prepare for the worst, and do the job now. because its not possible to have too many different accounts to jump onto
Old 06-30-2011

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLoke View Post
my story was pretty boring. but thanks for the advice. the big thing to learn is that if you have any doubt? prepare for the worst, and do the job now. because its not possible to have too many different accounts to jump onto
Wasn't boring at all actually it inspires me to make money. I hope all goes well
Old 07-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

If it was one account, I would say give it ago. You never know until you try & that hoohah.
The fact that other accounts were made is just as likely for them to turn around and say you abused ebay so go away.

Where does that leave you? Sadder, wiser and now learning stealth.

Though since I likes to gamble, I would have one last crack at it. Then I am a sadist :D
Old 07-01-2011

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLoke View Post
Ok let me make this quick.....

i had a main ebay account started 10 years ago, sold legal items, amassed thousands of positives feedback, virtually no negatives. i was a power seller. i then expanded and started more ebay accounts, all with my same address and background info (big mistake)
on one of those accounts i also did well with feedback but did some listing violations, sold some copyright media type cd-r's. i didnt totally understand or care to read the rules, they removed my stuff once or twice more. and then the atomic bomb. one by one in a matter of a half hour, ebay linked my accounts and they all went down. ill never forget that saturday morning going to each of my emails and reading those "indefinite suspension" emails. i was making a lot of cash. luckily i had a friend in California that let me migrate to his account. i did that while using my PayPal, this was before the companies merged. i am in new york, used his Ebay for 5 years. they never caught on...

so during those first few months of 2003 i tried and tried to get my account back, assumed it would only be a few months, boy was i wrong. i havent tried to get my account(s) back in years and years. i wonder if i should even try???

is there any chance at all with it being 8 years, can i give them a sob story???

they make me CALL IN, via a phone number, i dont want to have them tell me No. i really dont wanna deal with the let down.

thats my exciting story. by the way, i also many years later managed to get my PayPal account suspended and my friends Ebay account limited (selling) and even though i went down their checklist to remove the limitation, they still want to "part ways" with me.

so i guess that means my best bet it to LET GO, once and for all?

any thoughts?
Why would you bother? Even if you succeed you will always be on their radar.

IMO go all new

A man will lose tomorrow looking back for yesterday
Old 07-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

GTran going all philosophical and shtuff - best to listen before liquor kicks in ha.

Anyhow, @OP - you see what the deal is - lot of experienced folx here with the tips.
Old 07-05-2011

Did they ever get your SS# in the old accounts? If not, you should easily be able to start a new non-stealth account now, since so much time has passed and you are in a different state.
Old 07-10-2011

Longevity: 90%

years ago i made the mistake of selling no no's , account got suspended, then i made more accounts with family members info..suspended due to linkage and then i stopped for a few years, i then decided to try and get the original account unsuspended, i called/emailed and they actually unsuspended my account...maybe i just got lucky...but you never know unless you try
Old 07-10-2011

Longevity: 77%

I think its gone, theres too much work in order to get it back
Old 07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody999 View Post
years ago i made the mistake of selling no no's , account got suspended, then i made more accounts with family members info..suspended due to linkage and then i stopped for a few years, i then decided to try and get the original account unsuspended, i called/emailed and they actually unsuspended my account.
Was your suspension called "Indefinite Suspension"?
Old 07-11-2011

Longevity: 80%

If you spoke the someone at ebay before they keep all everything forever it seems. You will never know until you try though. You might meet a super nice person ( highly unlikely ) but you never know.
Old 07-12-2011

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
Did they ever get your SS# in the old accounts? If not, you should easily be able to start a new non-stealth account now, since so much time has passed and you are in a different state.
i think so.....i made many more accounts after my suspension, and i was able to sell for awhile but always got linked (this was before i new about stealth).....i totally forgot about that account, until years later and decided to appeal...it worked...then i went to all my other accounts that were linked and all of them were unsuspended as well....but this was years ago....