MC008 account restricted but listings still active - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-01-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default MC008 account restricted but listings still active

I got the following email today, yesterday I got a MC198(7-day selling limit) and MC019 listing removal.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
We've restricted your e B ay account because we're concerned about some recent account activity. We've taken this precaution to protect our members.

However, you can appeal this restriction. Once we review your appeal, if we're confident that this activity doesn't put our members at risk, we'll be happy to reinstate your account. To appeal this restriction, reply to this message. For more information about how to appeal a restriction, please go to:
http://pages.ebay.com.ca/help/accoun...-accounts.html

We know this isn't good news, but our top priority is keeping our members safe.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
i have over 400 positive feedback, powerseller status. it doesn't say "not a registered member" beside my user ID and all my ebay listings are still active. i had a vero hit back in April and got listing removed, they gave me 30-day selling limit. i started list new items again after that 30 days and selling other items, not vero items, later i add the vero item in and it was good for 2 months. Now i got 7-day limit and MC008. but all non-vero listings are still active which is strange to me. i replied to that email to appeal the restriction. i called eb and was told that it is because of the vero item which was reported by the rights owner in April and now i relisted again. I told them i didn't understand that part. the customer support guy said would add this note to my account that i didn't quite understand this part. just wondering whether i'm still be able to get the account back? any advice?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-03-2011
Threadstarter  

nobody knows about it?
Old 08-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Well - what were you selling that got you a 7-day suspension? Listing removal usually means something either high risk or someone reported you...
Old 08-05-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Well - what were you selling that got you a 7-day suspension? Listing removal usually means something either high risk or someone reported you...
some brand name underwear. i replied to the eb email as instructed to appeal the restriction. my restriction is preventing me from listing new items, all the active listings are still running. i emailed, 3 days already. no reply! eb said 24-48 hrs, usually how fast they will respond?
Old 08-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

They have responded as late as week later - get stealth account backups going.
Old 08-05-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
They have responded as late as week later - get stealth account backups going.
thank you for always giving me useful advice. appreciate it!
Old 08-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

I re-read your last paragraph - you REALLY have to be careful with your account - it is on very thin ice and (sadly) while I hate to be the bringer of bad news, eb ay has banned for much much less. I hope not in your case but all the best.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
de2009 (08-05-2011)
Old 08-05-2011

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

rsot is right.....

let the account chill and concentrate on some stealth back-ups

then only sell non-vero on that account

leave the vero for the new stealth accounts as you could be one more listing removal away from the permanant ban!
Old 08-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Yea I got hit with the 30 day no sell in April on one of my accounts with 3000+ Feedback. However I have been violated about 10 times in 3 years for vero items. Now the account is on chill mode. lol
Old 08-06-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR GTB View Post
rsot is right.....

let the account chill and concentrate on some stealth back-ups

then only sell non-vero on that account

leave the vero for the new stealth accounts as you could be one more listing removal away from the permanant ban!
the thing is eb first told me 7-day no new listing restriction. then send me MC008 telling me my acc is being restricted. whenever i logged into my eb.
i got the following msg, so im wondering how long they will restrict me, 7 days or forever?

"We've noticed some activity on your account, and we need your help in verifying some information. We're sorry for this inconvenience, but while we're working things out with you, you'll have limited access to list new items on eBay.

Please proceed to your my eBay and follow the steps outlined in the email we sent you. Thanks for your attention to this matter! "
Old 08-09-2011
Threadstarter  

eb emailed back saying they wont lift the restriction. they gave me the history of my violation the past 2 years, 5 in total. can i appeal again? really want to get the account back. i'm getting so many positive feedback, can i appeal by this?
Old 08-09-2011

you can try.....

but if i was you i would not expect anything good to come from an appeal

just get started again with brand new stealth accounts!

maybe in a year or two they may let you start selling again,maybe keep buying now and then to keep the account active,but i cant see them letting you sell on that account in the near future
Old 08-10-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
you can try.....

but if i was you i would not expect anything good to come from an appeal

just get started again with brand new stealth accounts!

maybe in a year or two they may let you start selling again,maybe keep buying now and then to keep the account active,but i cant see them letting you sell on that account in the near future
my address is **** i will try after couple of weeks with more positive feedback. and im starting on new acc. thank you!
Old 08-11-2011

okay,so is the suspension final,permenant?

if it is you wont get them to reinstate it

but you said your starting a new account,that is the best way to go,make sure you use all stealth details and do not link it to your suspended account

the positive feedback wont help!

its upto you to keep your eb ay account/s in good standing,once they fall below,there finished and eb ay have plenty more customers to come in and take your place,remember this!
Old 08-11-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
okay,so is the suspension final,permenant?

if it is you wont get them to reinstate it

but you said your starting a new account,that is the best way to go,make sure you use all stealth details and do not link it to your suspended account

the positive feedback wont help!

its upto you to keep your eb ay account/s in good standing,once they fall below,there finished and eb ay have plenty more customers to come in and take your place,remember this!
it is restricted indefinitely, not suspended, i have full access to it except for listing new items. all my listings are still active, i set them to good till canceled, they haven't been taken down. so i thought i may have a chance later
Old 08-11-2011

Hmmmm

so eb ay told you they need to verify some info before they lift the selling restriction on your account

okay,go back on eb ay chat and ask what info they need from you (probably invoices) and ask them if it will be possible to get it unresticted anytime soon,if you need to get hold of some invoices,ask someone on here to help you with that

IMPORTANT: open some backup stealth accounts
Old 08-12-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Hmmmm

so eb ay told you they need to verify some info before they lift the selling restriction on your account

okay,go back on eb ay chat and ask what info they need from you (probably invoices) and ask them if it will be possible to get it unresticted anytime soon,if you need to get hold of some invoices,ask someone on here to help you with that

IMPORTANT: open some backup stealth accounts
thank you!