2008 EBay Suspension Guide (Basic Step-by-Step) - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-13-2008
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by trust & safety retards View Post
Does it matter if the IP range stays the same example: 210.40.xx.xx with the 21.40 staying the same?

Much better if you create a new windows user account and change the name of your PC instead of clearing cookies, Or at least that is what I have come to understand from reading the numerous threads. Askin I thought I read in another thread that you said no need to clear cookies just create a new windows user account?
Emm, no. That's what you want to happen.

And second you don't have to worry about cookies ONLY if you create a seperate user account per eBay account on your CPU.

You have alot more reading to do.

Old 06-14-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%

Thank you for the summery aspkin, Please let me know what you think regarding these SSN confusion I have, Thank you
On my last suspended eBay and PayPal account, PayPal limited my account and asked for my SSN, So I could not withdraw money until I enter my SSN.
If this time I open PayPal with all virtual info, what happens if they ask for SSN? Another quick question, To open ING.COM account as Aspkin said I should enter all virtual info and if they ask for my SSN which wont match the virtual identity, would it work? So I should transfer money from PayPal to ING.com account and from ING.com to my real Bank account. What if ING ask for some sort of id proof to allow the money to be transfered? Aspkin your response is really appreciated.

Last edited by Acid4u; 06-14-2008 at 07:10 AM.
Old 06-14-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Emm, no. That's what you want to happen.

And second you don't have to worry about cookies ONLY if you create a seperate user account per eBay account on your CPU.

You have alot more reading to do.
I understand all about the cookies that is why I suggested to the person to create a new windows user account for each ebay account as this is the safest way without bothering about cookies etc.

I am trying to read and re-read several threads to gain a better understanding.

This is my situation at the moment perhaps you can advise me:

I have a 1 month old ebay (6fb all from buying, been suspended and back reinstated after sending in real documents etc after they said I was cause for concern) and paypal account (just need to verify bank details to complete verification). Now this is my setup:

1) I have a genuine UK eBay & Paypal account in a family members name.

2) I am currently residing outside the UK.

Now here is my problem, If I am wanting to create several ⊗⊗⊗⊗ UK eBay & Paypal accounts how am I to accomplish this when my IP will be showing up as coming from the Philippines?

As currently when refreshing my IP the first 2 ranges stay the same example 124.10.xx.xx . Now eBay have my ip from my real account obviously logged as 124.10.xx.xx so if I were to create a false UK account would this not be instantly flagged for having an ip outside of the UK and also compromise my genuine account?

What would you recommend the best solution is for me as I currently have a lot of VERO stock that I need to offload IE Bags, Nike Shoes etc and am looking at the best way to list them without compromising my genuine account.

Thank you in advance.
Old 06-14-2008
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid4u View Post
Thank you for the summery aspkin, Please let me know what you think regarding these SSN confusion I have, Thank you
On my last suspended eBay and PayPal account, PayPal limited my account and asked for my SSN, So I could not withdraw money until I enter my SSN.
If this time I open PayPal with all virtual info, what happens if they ask for SSN? Another quick question, To open ING.COM account as Aspkin said I should enter all virtual info and if they ask for my SSN which wont match the virtual identity, would it work? So I should transfer money from PayPal to ING.com account and from ING.com to my real Bank account. What if ING ask for some sort of id proof to allow the money to be transfered? Aspkin your response is really appreciated.
ING isn't the best solution anymore for Paypal; they're limiting accounts that add ING to them. Try WaMu.

And about the SS# that's the main problem with Paypal. What I recommend is getting your account verified and confirmed first before you do any eBay sales. It'll slow the request for a SS#, but won't stop it if you're doing anything over $1000 in sales a day or selling high risk items. If you're selling below that you should be okay.
Old 06-14-2008
Administrator
Threadstarter  

You probably need something like a virtual private network, or start using AOL proxy to do what you want to do.

Paypal doesn't like when users try to create accounts out of their country. And eBay doesn't like people selling VeRO items.

You're going to have hard time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trust & safety retards View Post
I understand all about the cookies that is why I suggested to the person to create a new windows user account for each ebay account as this is the safest way without bothering about cookies etc.

I am trying to read and re-read several threads to gain a better understanding.

This is my situation at the moment perhaps you can advise me:

I have a 1 month old ebay (6fb all from buying, been suspended and back reinstated after sending in real documents etc after they said I was cause for concern) and paypal account (just need to verify bank details to complete verification). Now this is my setup:

1) I have a genuine UK eBay & Paypal account in a family members name.

2) I am currently residing outside the UK.

Now here is my problem, If I am wanting to create several ⊗⊗⊗⊗ UK eBay & Paypal accounts how am I to accomplish this when my IP will be showing up as coming from the Philippines?

As currently when refreshing my IP the first 2 ranges stay the same example 124.10.xx.xx . Now eBay have my ip from my real account obviously logged as 124.10.xx.xx so if I were to create a false UK account would this not be instantly flagged for having an ip outside of the UK and also compromise my genuine account?

What would you recommend the best solution is for me as I currently have a lot of VERO stock that I need to offload IE Bags, Nike Shoes etc and am looking at the best way to list them without compromising my genuine account.

Thank you in advance.
Old 06-14-2008
Administrator
Threadstarter  

PEOPLE,

Just as a reminder this is not a Q&A thread. If you have questions, start them where they belong. For example: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/

Thanks,
Old 09-02-2008
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay View Post
Once you have deleted eBay's Turbolister, can you then download it again when you have a new IP, email address and eBay account without the fear of being cancelled because of it?
It's best not to.
Old 09-02-2008

Longevity: 98%

Aspkin is right.

You run an actual software from eBay on your computer which can spy on your computer in every way possible unless you can find some fancy security software to lock it out. Don't get eBay's iphone addon if you value your privacy unless you use ebay only for buying then it's probably a good iphone addon as long as it's not buggy like most iphone addons.
Old 12-08-2008
MU

I havent got suspended in awhile after following this advice
Old 04-07-2009

Longevity: 87%

hi aspkin,

would you get link during verification? my wife open a paypal a/c using her office address.

they ask for verification so she use her credit card which had my home address. Although eBay did not ask for her address but just the card number and charge $3 to the account.

will they get my home address as a result?

i got everything done but still not sure whether i should go ahead to open a new eBay a/c fearing a link is established. Mainly because of credit card. over here control over credit card is very tight.
Old 06-11-2009

Longevity: 86%
Default Paypal suspended (NO INVOICES!) Ebay Help!

Ok. I did 2 out of the 3 procedures for having the suspension lifted on my Paypal account and the last and final is the faxing or emailing of pictures of invoices. I don't have them, I wrote them telling them this, their automated responses are driving me nuts and I can't seem to get a hold of an actual person or case worker so to speak so screw them, I'll wait the 6 months for the $80+ interest.

My E-Bay account is suspended because the direct pay for fees was on the paypal account. They are telling me to pay the fees and the suspension will be lifted.

CAN I DO JUST THAT?

PAY THE FEES TO EBAY FOR SELLING/LISTING THEN GET MY ACCOUNT THERE REINSTATED?

IF THE ANSWER IS YES, CAN I OPEN ANOTHER PAYPAL ACCOUNT ONCE THE CRAP WITH MY CURRENT ONE IS DONE AND OVER AND I'VE RECEIVED MY MONEY FROM THE ACCOUNT?

I just want my stats. Wasn't sure how they felt about me opening another Paypal Account.

Someone, please let me know! If you'd like to do this PM go for it!
Thanks anyone and everyone for the time

-D.J.
Old 06-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Once you pay your ebay fees, that suspension may be removed but your ebay account may be limited until you get your paypal issues resolved. Adding another paypal is only a temporary fix, that paypal will soon get limited and your ebay account may get suspended indefinitely.. i'd say try to remove the limtations on teh current account
Old 06-11-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

eBay is sneaky like that, they hope you will pay your fees but actually they won't reinstate you until your Paypal acount is in good standing.
Old 06-12-2009

That's what I want to avoid at this point! They've gotten enough money from me.

It's almost like a monopoly they have going. They own the only site you can use to pay for items bought on their other site.

Ok. So once my paypal account is closed out (6 months I believe they said for any outstanding claims to be completed) I can then go and open another paypal account and link it?
Old 06-12-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

No you can't. You can't just add a new Paypal account. It will be limited also. You must start over. New ebay, new Paypal, new bank, etc.
Old 10-09-2009

Longevity: 89%
Default I just heard about paymate????

I am frustrated and have given up EBAY AND PAYPAL ALTOGETHER FOR

IOFFER...i WAS SHUT DOWN TOO MANY TIMES. ARE GOOGLE

CHECKOUT,AMAZON PAYMENTS AND MPAYY GOOD ALTERNATIVES TO PAYPAL?
Old 10-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

In terms of 'evil' they rank below paypal. BUT they are still payment processors & have their own rules. Monies still get held, accounts get put under review

Much depends on what you sell. I'll leave that to your own imagination but since you said ioffer Not well liked certain items
Old 07-27-2010

Longevity: 79%
Default Just want to clarify something about changing ip adress.

Firstly i would like to thank you for your book. I am now trading again. So far i got a new prepaid service provider with dinamic ip. I only opened one account for now but in process of gathering stuff for a few more. I will as you advised create a separate users on the computer but since the ip is dynamic can i not worry about ip being matched. I know you said in 3% cases ip will be the same. Will the accounts be linked on ip basis only? Everything else will be different. thank you.
Old 10-13-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 81%
Default About Log In Location

Hi

Will I get suspended if I log on in an ebay account from outside of US?

Thanks, guys
Old 10-14-2010

Default Paypal w/2 Accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duiyao View Post
Hi

Will I get suspended if I log on in an ebay account from outside of US?

Thanks, guys
Any ideas guys, gals?

Will two ebay accounts work with one paypal account, after one of the ebay accounts has been suspended but reinstated?
Old 10-18-2010

Longevity: 80%

I wanted to ask if Merchant Accounts keep Paypal from stealing all your money. The amount of corrupt buyers has gone THROUGH the roof, and with ebay catering to them and announcing in BIG ads that there is BUYER Protection..it has gotten ugly. I have no idea if it's me...or my lucky..but I seem to have a sort of high proportion of scum buyers..it seems like for every 30 or so items that I sell...one of them is complaining or looking for a refund..or just straight up opening disputes on me. They really think they get the item for free, but in reality, they are harming my account...Paypal uses this as a reason to "freeze" your money..and we ALL know that means it's pretty much gone.

Are Merchant accounts the best alternative? I'm still doing my research. It looks like I need a small resell/business ID, from my state and then I take that to the bank, or wherever, and open the merchant account. If I have been suspended using my own bank card, with my name, and go on to make a merchant account, with an entirely different business name..will I be "caught" or "tracked"?..esp. considering that I have cleaned all my PCs and created a new ip, etc.?
Old 10-23-2010

Longevity: 81%

First of all thanks for all the helpful informations. After beeing suspend from ebay I am now a little bit wiser. But I still have some points wich I don't understand. I learn now about the cookies and the IP that should be changed. The cookies are no problem but if I change the IP and I open a new account at ebay with new name and phone etc. and I change again the IP to open a second account what happened then if I log in to these account, should I change every time the IP's or should I have a second pc ? I hope you know what I mean. If I have several accounts with different IP's what happened wvery time I want to look ih the accounts. Forgot to mention I am in Greece outside the US.