Just got Indefinitely Suspended - Digital Item Policy Violation - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-21-2008
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%

I read the ebay policy on this and this is what I put in the listings"

Attention ebay: This listing is not copied from anyone else's. Slight similarities are unintentional, coincidental and unavoidable as we are selling similar products. The embedded video stream does not belong to anyone as it is hosted on the portal site steamick.com and is in compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act/L DMCA Information. Furthermore, the product I am offering is 100% exclusively developed by me and is not a copy of any other listings. The download is a compilation of items in the public domain and are in accordance with ebay's downloadable media and unauthorized copies policy and in no way violates the compilation and information media policy. Thank you.

I know sellers who sell limewire and open office for like $5. AND both are free. I never had any problems. Just competition reporting me. I read up that it wasn't illegal as long as it was freeware. Either way, they don't know what software is in the download until they actually buy it.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-21-2008

Longevity: 99%
Default The software was all developed by you?

OK. Then that isn't a problem.

But if it was you that wrote it, who is competing with you? Are others selling your software?
Old 04-21-2008
Threadstarter  

Yes I wrote it. I had listings pulled and other sellers claiming I copied them etc. Funny you should mention that because I've had 5 sellers that I caught selling my 10 programs. 1 guy even made a fricken website with a copy and paste of my listings. God know how many I didn't catch.

Other sellers I found out mostly sell the TVU program, which can be downloaded freely here:

TVU networks | Welcome

In fact they tvu even says if you bought it, that it was illegal etc.

Anyway, if you are aware of ebay's new digital ban policy, it states digitally delivered items can only be listed in classified ad format and you can't even place a paypal buy link. Buyers can only email me. Otherwise you can ship a physical CD.

To get around this, I noted competition saying that it was CD where in fact they were still emailing download links. That is what I plan to do. Do you think I will get suspended?

Info:
I had 2 accounts, 1 newer suspended for digital polcy violation.
The older one is still active but is linked to suspended on via:
same paypal account
same name and mailing address
same computer so same IP but I use explorer for one and firefox for other

What are my chances of getting suspended if I start selling again on my old account?

Much thanks.
Old 04-22-2008
Threadstarter  

Thoughts comments? Losing $100+ a day here while I see my competition making bank and even making the ebay pulse page. F*ck....
Old 04-22-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411guru View Post
I found out my main competitor is saying he is now selling a CD but I in fact he is still doing downloads.
how does he do that ?
why don't you report him ?
(or tell me the trick )

i once sold a similar software to you successfully on one of my accounts, after a few months the auctions got pulled and account suspended for good. (i think it was copyright violation) so for me selling software from the web is too risky now...

i also wouldn't put quotations from your ebay listings here in the forum as ebay people may spot it and also suspend your other account...
Old 04-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

411guru, you just can not use that older account. There is a LINK. Link is nearly the most
dangerous means of having an account taken down. Sorry to say that account should now
sit there and not be touched. Please try to think that this ID you have is gone!
You have to start again. But you must be very careful since you seem to be selling something that others want.
I recommend that you buy the ebayStealth book and subscribe to the forum,members area. You can get one to one help.....if you get my drift.
Old 04-22-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
how does he do that ?
why don't you report him ?
(or tell me the trick )

i once sold a similar software to you successfully on one of my accounts, after a few months the auctions got pulled and account suspended for good. (i think it was copyright violation) so for me selling software from the web is too risky now...

i also wouldn't put quotations from your ebay listings here in the forum as ebay people may spot it and also suspend your other account...

Its easy. Just say in super small letters like "attention ebay: this product is on cd and physically shipped for free." Then make your listing free shipping, and when someone buys it, automatic email is still sent to buyer for download. If someone bitched, just say I will ship it but you have to pay $5 or just refund his money. Most won't complain.

What did you sell to me? 411guru is the suspended account and I never bought anything with it. All the digital stuff I sell on both accounts are not copied. I simply saw what was selling good and found it for free, improved upon my competitions products, and undercut them. I never had vero problems except when I was selling clone scripts of google. But you can still sell it, just dont put google in your title, but of course it won't sell as good.

You can't see any past listings on 411guru as its suspended and ebay deletes them. As for the other auction, they can't report me because I'm not selling on it now.

Greenbean, thanks for your comment. I think I get it now. So I hope to get 411guru reinstated so I don't have to worry about my old account. If it doesn't work my last resort is to buy that ebook and do ⊗⊗⊗⊗ accounts. But I want to try to advoid that if possible as its soooo much hassle.
Old 04-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Wink Oh Dear

No, it is a spelling error. Steve was saying 'I once sold a software similar to YOURS'.
Unless ya'll have met somewhere other than here. ROFL.
Old 04-22-2008
Threadstarter  

Oh lol.

Steve, I have reported him numerous times. But his listings stayed up. I think ebay doesn't do anything because he lied saying he will ship on CD.