Can you chargeback to Ebay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 05-10-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default Can you chargeback to Ebay?

We've all had the pleasure of having to chargeback to a company or individual. Ever been successful in charging back to ebay? They got their rules confused again and said I owed more than I needed to restore my account. I fought it and managed to get one of them to agree with me, said that I pay the correct balance that we agreed on, it would be restored. Should I believe him? Just in case he's wrong and unwilling (or unable) to go through with his promise, is it possible to get the money I send to ebay back through a chargeback with my credit card? I'm thinking it would be safer to do that than pay paypal (doubt paypal would side with me against their owners). Or is there an even safer way to pay and have a good shot of reimbursement if ebay doesn't hold up to the agreement?

Anyone know the answer?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-10-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

I never had to do a charge back on eBay but I know others that have and won. I actually have to do a charge back soon for a server I ordered from softlayer.com, they're damn server sucked so much I could barely mess with it to add sites, yet they want to charge for the full month. Bloody hell they're getting their money. Visa will get my money back. They haven't failed me yet.
Old 05-11-2007

Longevity: 98%

You can chargeback any trasaction but that does not mean you are going to win. You can even chargeback a transaction months after the fact.
Old 05-11-2007
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 99%

If the card I'm going to use to charge (and possibly charge back if they don't follow their rules) hasn't been used on any of the accounts BUT it's not the name associated with this ebay account, will it matter? I don't want to open up a whole new problem. I suppose this is about the time I should be looking into those gift cards? The only problem I have with them is how do you get the money off the card if you're not using it? Is there a way or no way? Also, how easy/difficult/time consuming is it to add funds to the card once you have it? Does it take very long for the money to appear?
Old 05-12-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Jack, that's where gift cards come in handy, you should already know how well they work with eBay. Some you're able to reload, and others you can't. You really have to read up about certain ones. Simon gift accounts I don't believe you can add funds. But they're so easy to get, you can easily buy another one. And all you have to do is pay your eBay balance with your Paypal account and you'll be okay. Use the card as an activation and leave it be. You can use the funds for any online transaction. It'll save you from a headache later.
Old 05-12-2007

Longevity: 98%

For those who don't take paypal, would ebay suspend you for constantly switching credit cards to pay them?

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 06:51 PM.