Can a permanent MC169 suspension be successfully appealed? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 02-03-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default Can a permanent MC169 suspension be successfully appealed?

Greetings friends. Just received my first permanent suspension (I apologize for any newbie mistakes I might make in the forum here). I would like to pose the obvious first question (of the post title).

Naively, I did not want eBay handing out my personal information to every @sshole who wanted it, so my 3 accounts had changing and mismatching data for, well, everything. I am operating an actual company so I thought this would be understandable.

First I had a PP account (strictly legit) killed for justifications that I could easily explain were unfounded, after which PP stopped communicating with me. I decided it wasn't worth pursuing trying to work with such a crappy organization, since it appeared that they were retreating into a "You are high risk and we are not going to explain what that means" mode, even though this was untrue. I abandoned the associated eBay account at the first negative feedback (from an NPB!) for marketing reasons, but no other serious problems.

Then I created and operated a second account (now with no FB for more than a year) with no problems, other than successfully appealing a "We just need to verify some information over the phone" MC169 from a weak position, explaining that the registration name was an employee of mine.

For rotation purposes, then jumped to operating a third account with 100% + rating and no obvious problems, selling for 5 months (dormant for 16 months before). Tuesday I easily passed something that felt like a MC010 as I have previously, but Thursday got a MC169, still numbered H483 like the one I passed earlier, but with no indication of being reinstatable.

The eBay employee (an American, with a excellent sounding phone connection) I talked to seemed to not know the reason for the suspension, but then also seemed to not know much about eBay (as is typical). He did say repeatedly that it was unappealable. It smells to me that paragraph 2 of my story got me caught in a web designed for you guys.

Before I join you in going to the dark side I would like to try putting a full effort into getting eBay to reverse this. Can anyone with some experience relate how to accomplish this? What would Jesus do? Would my specific situation be hopeless? I deeply appreciate your wisdom and time.

In closing, I would like to say that I hate eBay, that it is a crummy poor-quality organization that acts stupidly, and that eBay has actually lied to and stolen money from me. That's the polite stuff.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

So the two relevant points are you got suspended & want to know if an appeal is achievable plus you dislike ebay?

Now that's a lot easier to read rather than the essay we got.

Did any info on the latter accounts match anything of the abandoned ebay?

What happened to get the 1st 'weak' MC169 as regards listings ebay account activity?
Are you saying the next MC169 was on the same account or your other account
Was your paypal fully verified & linked to both account or were all separate ?

And yes I do ask lots of questions
Old 02-03-2012
Banned

Longevity: 71%
Send a message via Yahoo to vany Send a message via Skype™ to vany

clarification needed from OP to give better advice
Old 02-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
So the two relevant points are you got suspended & want to know if an appeal is achievable plus you dislike ebay?

Now that's a lot easier to read rather than the essay we got.

Did any info on the latter accounts match anything of the abandoned ebay?

What happened to get the 1st 'weak' MC169 as regards listings ebay account activity?
Are you saying the next MC169 was on the same account or your other account
Was your paypal fully verified & linked to both account or were all separate ?

And yes I do ask lots of questions
Thanks for the reply.

1) I think at this point all 3 have the same address, and I have probably used my legit info in all 3 at different times.

2) I had 2 listings up at the time (about typical), with a historical maximum of 4 simultaneously. Recently the listings had been for a 30 day duration.

3) The first MC169 was on my second account, the second MC169 was on my third account.

4)PP was fully verified but only linked to first account. Other two did not have PP.
Old 02-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vany View Post
clarification needed from OP to give better advice
Clarification as to?
Old 02-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by spam549 View Post
Clarification as to?
You clarified with more info. All good :D
Old 02-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

MyBad.

Was this a MC169 suspension user agreement?
Old 02-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
MyBad.

Was this a MC169 suspension user agreement?
It was a "MC169 Your eBay account has been suspended...
Your account has been suspended because recent account activity has raised serious security concerns. We've taken this precaution to protect our members and the eBay community.

Due to the suspension, you won't be able to use your eBay account in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account.

Any outstanding selling fees are due immediately, and any amounts that you haven't previously disputed will be charged to the billing method currently on file.

We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

H483"
Old 02-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Come to think of it, the only "recent account activity" was my response to the MC010 thing--which was putting my legit info into all of the contact blocks (somehow it was already in one of them). With the earlier MC010 (that I got on my second account) I had then immediately changed it back, with no problem. This time though I felt like keeping it in there, so I was legit when the account was killed.
Old 02-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

You are allover the board. I highly recommend getting the stealth guide. You made so many beginners errors that even with advice given on your OP you will easily get banned again.

What about IP access? Are you signing into accounts at same location. There are so many reason I see you got suspended.

Plus as it reads I do not think you are serious enough about the accounts for them to last.

Hopefully others can provide more info.

Welcome!
Old 02-03-2012
Banned

Longevity: 71%
Send a message via Yahoo to vany Send a message via Skype™ to vany

if i get what you said right, you got linked or about to be.. i should be careful if i were you. Hopefully, you have some accounts in reserve (not with the same data)
Old 02-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

I doubt very much that you have a remote chance of appealing. Cut your losses & start again correctly.

ebay (rightly so in their eyes) is perceiving your accounts to be less than suitable for their platform. Fro your description here, they are.

Just an observation: listing items without a method of ebay having protection ( ie no paypal) for buyers does not work.

Naively, I did not want eBay handing out my personal information to every @sshole who wanted it, so my 3 accounts had changing and mismatching data for, well, everything. I am operating an actual company so I thought this would be understandable.

Above is your own quote. Naivety & ebay/paypal do not mix.

Starting again set up correctly gives you a better chance of using ebay. Your choice
Old 02-03-2012

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 78%

Answering the initial first question if you were suspended from ever opening an account again as a buyer, it pretty much tells you that you do not have a hope in hells chance of reversing it because more justifiable and better people than you have tried and failed.

Invest in the stealth guide and learn what not to do and if you are not comfortable in doing whats contained in there then buy ebay/paypal accounts from one of the sellers here, at least with the guide you only have yourself to blame if your account gets pulled again as all the info is in there in how to run a sucessfull undetected stealth account.
Old 02-04-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I doubt very much that you have a remote chance of appealing. Cut your losses & start again correctly.

Just an observation: listing items without a method of ebay having protection ( ie no paypal) for buyers does not work.
Your assessment is looking good. I have some interesting information RE your second point above which I probably shouldn't post out in the open. But what precisely do you mean? We only list items (and for almost 2 years) that don't qualify for the eBay "Protection" Program--or that PP will handle at all; I'm sure if anyone tried to complain they would run into eBay's "customer service" brick wall. I don't think eBay has any liability, and of course they still forced us to agree to the "eBay can recover money for buyers from a seller's payment source" clause in their TOS. The category allows us to accept MO, checks, and [GASP!] bank wires.