My stupidity..pls help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 03-06-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default My stupidity..pls help

hello,
I have a Top Rated Power Seller account with over 10000 feedback..and its a stealth account I had for few years. I have a business name on it and I have provided ebay and paypal my Federal Tax Id and everything. That account is fine.
Now I did the stupidest thing by opening another account(my wife asked for one), with the same info, thinking it will be ok. I even linked the the two accounts when I was asked if I had another seller account when I was trying to post one item for sale the same day (less than $10 item).
Later I decided its too much hassle(realized my stupidty) and cancelled that one single listing without any bids or sale or anything. then I changed the name and address on the account. I was going to close it.

Two days later I got an email with MC999 : Thanks for selling on eBay. It's important that we speak with you about recent activity on your account. Your listings have been removed until we can talk with you.

To prevent your account from being closed, please contact us within the next 48 hours using this link:

Note: You may be asked to sign in. You can always sign in from the eBay home page before clicking the link above.

We appreciate your help verifying your account as quickly as possible and welcome you as a member of our community.

Thanks,

eBay

Side note: As you can see the email says "..To prevent your account from being closed". Isnt that good for them close this account? If they close it will it affect my other (possibly linked account)?

So I called them and tried to explain this was a dummy acount etc and I wasnt going to use and I want to close it etc/ The guy from India just kept saying that I need to Fax them documents to verify my identity. I told the name will not match my documents and address, and he kept saying I need to fax them government ID to match the address and name. Account is nor suspended but its restricted.

Meanwhile I requested the account to be closed, and got an email:
MC022 Notice: User Account Closed per User Request
As you requested, we've started the process of closing your account. Your account is now blocked from bidding or listing on eBay. You can still access your account information to find out if you owe any fees. However, if you've had recent listings or bidding activity, you'll need to wait 180 days.

By allowing days to pass, we can make sure that all of your transactions are complete. After these days pass, we'll close your account and send you a final account closure notice. We'll also contact you if you have an unpaid balance on your account.

The guy on the phone had told me I couldnt close the account until I resolve the issue with ID verification. Is he correct? Or does that email confirm that my account will be closed?
Meanwhile I opened a new PayPal account and a VCC to match the new name and address and linked that PayPal account, hoping they wont link my other eBay seller account but I am not sure if that will do anything.

What are my options? supply ID?
Wait and do nothing and hope they really close this account?
What do I do?
Is it safe to fax stuff for this account? will they check it against the other linked account?

Please help..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-06-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums. You seem to be in quite a light mess but nothing is 100% with eb/pp.

Quote:

Later I decided its too much hassle(realized my stupidty) and cancelled that one single listing without any bids or sale or anything. then I changed the name and address on the account. I was going to close it.
This was done in haste and I would have said not to do it but that's a moot point right now.

While I can't say 100% your other account won't be affected since you both are linked (only time will tell), I would not do anything further with new account.

My q to you - Have you received any e-mails to your top-rated seller account about possible actions? linking?
Old 03-06-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

why do you want to close the account? just submit the info - it has to match
account may be saved, one MC99 or whatever can often be resolved
Old 03-08-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

I think it would have been better if you just left the account open and just left your item up for sale.

I don't have much experience but do you have documents to fax them?
Old 03-08-2012

Longevity: 87%

save that account! its worth thousands of dollars to keep an account in that condition!
Old 03-08-2012
Threadstarter  

I dont have docs, yet..but hoping to get them soon.
Yes I wish I didnt request account to be closed.I wasnt thinking. But in either case I think I have to fax in documents, to have the restriction cleared and account not suspended.
Do you think it matters if they close it after they verify the identity?
should I ask for the closure request to be cancelled (may be after they verify the ID?)
I just dont want any suspicions or issues with this account. I dont care if I keep it or lose..if I can keep my current active selling account I would be very happy..thats all I want..
Old 03-09-2012
Threadstarter  

Default Update!

I logged into my account today(the restricted one), remember I requested them to close my account? When I went to see my feedback page I saw that next to me user name it says "Not A Registered User".
Now does that mean I am safe? Meaning that the account is closed and I dont have to send it any docs anymore?
Or do you think they may still suspend it at the end of the 30 days due to lack of Id verification?
I am so confused/depressed now. What do I do? Should I fax in docs just in case or what??
ideas?
Old 03-09-2012
Executive [VIP]

do you want account closed or not? if you want it closed or never to use it again, just leave it, ignore it.

if you want to unrestrict the account, you send them what they request

not registered user means, that your account is restricted until they review what you submit and restore it, or alternatively they will email you and say you will not get account back. You have to submit what the request for a chance to restore it.
Old 03-09-2012
Threadstarter  

Default MC022 Notice: User Account Closed per User Request

hello,
I wanted to ask you guys what you think of this:(as I posted in another post, I opened a new acount and tried to sell smtng, then took it down shortly, then got the MC999 restriction, and was asked to send docs to verify ID)

On that same day I also made a request in EB for my account to be closed. then I got a message with the title: MC022 Notice: User Account Closed per User Request.
it went on to say :

As you requested, we've started the process of closing your account. Your account is now blocked from bidding or listing on eBay. You can still access your account information to find out if you owe any fees. However, if you've had recent listings or bidding activity, you'll need to wait 180 days.

By allowing days to pass, we can make sure that all of your transactions are complete. After these days pass, we'll close your account and send you a final account closure notice. We'll also contact you if you have an unpaid balance on your account.

Please note that after we close your account, your contact information, transaction history, and Feedback Profile will be permanently deleted from our system.

If you don't want to permanently close your account, please reply to this email immediately.

Thank you for being a valuable member of the e*** Community.

Now I owe ebay nothing, had no sales or listing whatsoever. When I logged in today there was no warning messages or alerts or anything. everything looks normal then I looked at my feedback page and it says: "Not a Registered User".
Now does this confirm that my account is closed? ...and I dont need to send in any docs?
I dont care to keep this account alive or anything. I just dont want it to be suspended because it can get my other stealth account linked and suspend due to my stupidity!

What would you do? Do nothing? or still send it stuff? Is it safe to think this account is closed and I dont need to worry about it? because I do...
PS: I just saw in that message it says:"..we will send you final account closure notice" which I didnt get..hmm..so I guess send in docs?
Old 03-09-2012
Threadstarter  

ok, I dont ant to use it ever again, and want it closed BUT I dont want it to get suspended, and when it suspended link it to my other account and suspend that account as well. Thats all my worry. I guess you are saying if I wan to keep things cool with my other account I should send it what they requested right?
Old 03-09-2012
Executive [VIP]

oh ok I understand now....then yes try and get it restored asap then you can abandon it in good standing.....
Old 03-13-2012
Threadstarter  

Default what to put on the fax with the docs

what should I put on the fax I will send to EB along with the docs? I know I have to put my user ID, but what else? my phone number? email? address? or a statement like " I swear this account belongs to me!" ) seriously though, what do I write on there?
Old 03-13-2012

Longevity: 73%

i think all you need to put on the docs you send in is your ebay user id and the email addy associated with that account. been a LONG time since ive done this so maybe someone else can help
Old 03-15-2012
Threadstarter  

sent in the fax..I hope they accept it and remove the restriction. how long should it take? should I just wait or call them? I am really afraid to call EB.