Listing thru auctiva - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 05-22-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default Listing thru auctiva

Okay, I did a search but wasn't able to find a definitive answer to this question: when listing thru auctiva whose IP is sent to ebay...auctiva's or the ebay member's? Anyone know?

Here's a thread that brought the subject up but no definitive answer http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-su...auctiva-3.html
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-22-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by whome View Post
Okay, I did a search but wasn't able to find a definitive answer to this question: when listing thru auctiva whose IP is sent to ebay...auctiva's or the ebay member's? Anyone know?

Here's a thread that brought the subject up but no definitive answer http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-su...auctiva-3.html

Auctiva servers show up..
Old 05-22-2007
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPUGEEK View Post
Auctiva servers show up..
So...assuming one just uses your ip to initially register on ebay, you could then manage your account thru auctiva and monitor/list your ebay auctions and never have to directly sign onto ebay. Other than viewing/answering buyers' questions, there would be little need to sign on directly. Any downside to working it this way?
Old 05-22-2007

Longevity: 98%

Then there's the dispute console, leaving feedback, contacting ebay, etc.

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-22-2007

Quote:
So...assuming one just uses your ip to initially register on ebay, you could then manage your account thru auctiva and monitor/list your ebay auctions and never have to directly sign onto ebay. Other than viewing/answering buyers' questions, there would be little need to sign on directly. Any downside to working it this way?
EXACTLY...! This is what I have been doing for the longest. I dont even log into my ebay account. I do everything straight from auctiva..
Old 05-22-2007

Well I see someone finally answered my question. LOL it took long enough!
CPU how are you able to answer questions from auctiva? As far as I knew you could check views and maybe bidding. Didn't think you had a full interface with the clients there.
Old 05-22-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Well I see someone finally answered my question. LOL it took long enough!
CPU how are you able to answer questions from auctiva? As far as I knew you could check views and maybe bidding. Didn't think you had a full interface with the clients there.
Answer questions???? Whats that...?lol

I have a FAQ list on all of my auctions to keep questions at a minimum..Most of the time it is stupid questions that is already answered on my auctions, but if I do decide to answer I reply from my email(not ebay email)..
Old 05-23-2007

Quote:
Answer questions???? Whats that...?lol

I have a FAQ list on all of my auctions to keep questions at a minimum..Most of the time it is stupid questions that is already answered on my auctions, but if I do decide to answer I reply from my email(not ebay email)..
But then theres always people who uses that "hide my email" feature when they ask a question, how you answer those?
Old 05-23-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifreewillie View Post
But then theres always people who uses that "hide my email" feature when they ask a question, how you answer those?
If I can, I ignore them. I've sometimes taken to telling people I won't answer them because of ebay's captcha that takes forever to decipher and many tries and then saying ebay won't let me send that many emails a day to those as it'll think I'm selling outside of ebay.

Now I just don't answer unless the person can neg me and then I answer and complain to them that they hid their email address. Some people are able to hide their email address to you even if they bought from you yesterday

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-23-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifreewillie View Post

I dont answer the question. Usually I dont answer questions because most of the time it 's stupid..(Do you combine, is the item authenic, can I get a discount, will you ship to canada)..

And when I got my auctions won, I automatically have their email address from auctiva whether it's hidden or not.. Ebay automatically fowards their email to auctiva.
Old 05-23-2007

That's pretty slick. I'll have to try that.
Old 05-25-2007
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Yesterday, I emailed auctiva asking when listing thru their service whose IP address is seen on ebay's end. The response I got back from the customer service person was as follows:

Hello.

I would assume that it would go through Auctivas ip address. But I cannot verify that. However, when you make an ebay token, I would assume that ebay will check your Ip address.

If you are concerned with your internet security, I would suggest using a web anonymizer.

Thank you
Auctiva Support

Anyone care to reassure me that you can use a previously suspended IP when logging onto auctiva, list thru them and not get busted with ebay?
Old 05-25-2007

Quote:
Yesterday, I emailed auctiva asking when listing thru their service whose IP address is seen on ebay's end. The response I got back from the customer service person was as follows:

Hello.

I would assume that it would go through Auctivas ip address. But I cannot verify that. However, when you make an ebay token, I would assume that ebay will check your Ip address.

If you are concerned with your internet security, I would suggest using a web anonymizer.

Thank you
Auctiva Support

Anyone care to reassure me that you can use a previously suspended IP when logging onto auctiva, list thru them and not get busted with ebay?
Yes you can.. I'm a auctiva senior. Just dont do a ebay token with the supended ip
Old 05-25-2007
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yes you can.. I'm a auctiva senior. Just dont do a ebay token with the supended ip
Got it! Thanks.
Old 05-25-2007
Executive [VIP]

Ebay gets your ip the day you sign up and anytime you sign in for whatever reason. Yeah listing thru auctiva won't reveal your ip address but they have it already!!! Attempting to hide after that is rather pointless.