Ebay limited my acct needs some help and guidance - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-04-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default Ebay limited my acct needs some help and guidance

So here's the situation. We have been selling on ebay as a business now for 4 months, first we started out selling craft items that had multiple variations and each variation would have 10 or more items each.

in june we decided to do this as a business and sell customer returns and overstock. so far we have 270 positive seller rating with 100% feedback.

2 weeks ago our dsr for shipping and handling charges went up to 2.30% which I was told by ebay is higher than it should be. we were then restricted and put on a 21 day hold on paypal. I took this all in stride because I knew that the amount of transactions we do each month would increase enough to bring down that number. Suddenly 2 days before the end of the month, overnight that percentage jumps to 4.40% we are currently at 450 transactions, to fix our dsr number we need 850 transactions to fall below 2%

They have also limited the amount of listings I can do each month, right now its at 274, and I haven't each listed anything yet for september. My craft listings are GTC when they renew mid month I'm already at 500 listings. as you can see this is problematic because I sell more crafts than anything else combined. I'f I can't have them listed it will be extremely difficult to get my DSR number down anytime soon. If I call ebay will they work with me on the amount of listings I can put up?

whats so annoying about this is that were at 4.95 on all the other categories.

our acct was set up with my wifes name on the ebay acct and my name on the paypal acct. She has had a paypal acct that was verified for a long time now just never really used. Should we give up on the acct altogether and move to a new one?

If we open an ebay acct under my name and use my wife's existing paypal acct will it get restricted also?

I believe that I know the reasons for those low dsr scores, it has to do with the craft variation listings that we have. We sell more of those items than anything else combined each month. Problem is that the other people selling them have low prices for the item but high shipping. for example they will sell one for $1.75 with $1.90 shipping. what i've always done is charged $1.65 for the product with $1.95 shipping. Am i going about this the wrong way? ive always felt that if I added the cost of the shipping into the product and offered free shipping it would hurt my selling.

Seller performance numbers
Updated daily
Transactions: 430
See your reports
Average detailed seller ratings Your average Low ratings
(1s and 2s)
Item as described 4.95 0.23% (1)
Communication 4.95 0.47% (2)
Shipping time 4.97 0.23% (1)
Shipping and handling charges 4.59 3.95% (17)
Buyer Protection cases Your percentage (count)
Opened cases 0.00% (0)
Closed cases without seller resolution 0.00% (0)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-04-2012

Longevity: 76%

If you have fixed price listings now days. eBay charges fees even on the shipping price so most of the time you are best of just doing free shipping and building it into to the price of the item. Or at least doing it on a good number of items because if you have free shipping it is automatic 5 stars on the DSR. Assuming you are selling legit items not VERO or anything else I would call them up and consider just building the shipping into the price of the item.

I would also not recommend opening up another account under a different name. I do not think you understand by the question how eBay works. When they remove and limit sellers they specifically say not to open or use another account to bypass eBay. It could result in indefinite suspension of everything.

Last edited by makaveliagain; 09-04-2012 at 03:47 AM.
Old 09-04-2012

Longevity: 69%
Send a message via MSN to ZoonVoo Send a message via Yahoo to ZoonVoo Send a message via Skype™ to ZoonVoo

Free shipping gives 5 stars on the DSR section, I think you have to move one with new accounts, but keep trying to get your old account back, for the new account, do not use the address or telephone number or anything you used on the first account ( Ebay and PayPal).

Welcome to the forum

AVS card ( PayPal, Ebay, Amazon, Moneybookers...etc ) $10..Min order 5 cards
VBA to verify US PayPal.....$9 ... Min order 5 VBAs