eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   If you want to keep an account and the information is the same... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/524-if-you-want-keep-account-information-same.html)

JackNoMore 06-03-2007 07:03 PM

If you want to keep an account and the information is the same...

I suspect that one of my accounts is about to bite the dust based on some emails I've gotten and just a "feeling". If you do have another account with virtually the same information on file, is there any way to revise that information just before your other account bites it, so you don't lose BOTH accounts, or will that just call more attention to the other account? There's no credit card on file for selling on the other account but there "might" be from just registering. I'm thinking maybe if I just change an address or something it might work? After all, you can have two people with the same name...I'm not selling on the other account presently--use it more for posting and buying, but there may come a time and I would like to keep it around. At this exact moment the other account hasn't been suspended but I'm thinking it's only a matter of time. :o

What would you change if you were going to try this?

aspkin 06-04-2007 08:43 AM

I would change the address for sure... if eBay's systems is as crappy is Paypal's then you won't have a problem later with linking these accounts once the info is changed.

JackNoMore 06-04-2007 09:11 AM

Aspkin, I don't know if you've been in the same situation before, but does changing any information on your account after the account is created seem to raise flags or grab ebay's attention? I can recall once changing just my email address and not too long after, the account was suspended! Of course, that was long before I found this site so it could have been caused by any number of unrelated slips on my part.

ihatebay 06-04-2007 10:01 AM

Yea, I changed my credit card info on my ebay account to another address and I was suspended 2 days later!

CPUGEEK 06-04-2007 10:10 AM

Never happen to me and I change my info often

JackNoMore 06-04-2007 10:13 AM

That's what I was afraid of. But I don't think I have a credit card on this other account yet unless it was just at registering. I've never sold on it. Do you think the chances are greater that it will be flagged/suspended if I just leave it alone or would they be greater if I try to change some information while the other account is still active? I'm assuming that they'll be worse if I try to change information AFTER the other account is suspended. Would I be naive to hope that when the other account is taken out, it doesn't necessarily mean I'll lose both if I just keep quiet and don't change anything? Would it be best to just leave the information be and hope that they'll overlook it? What to do...what to do. Thanks

CPUGEEK 06-04-2007 10:18 AM

It shouldnt be problem. Lie I said i change my info all the time to change my shipping address when I'm buying items off ebay adn my mailing address for payment.

One time I even changed my address to a suspended address and changed it back after a hour and nothing ever happen to the account. might of fact it is still going strong now!(knock on wood)

I think the reason other people who change their info and got suspended isnt telling the whole story..

JackNoMore 06-04-2007 10:46 AM

Thanks CPU. :) Just to wrap this up and make sure the subject is completely covered for future searches...

what type of information do you change? Address only? Name only? Everything? What works for you?

Also what do you think will happen IF you were to say change NOTHING and not sell on that account, just keep it as a posting/buying account? Would its days be numbered or is the main problem trying to sell on accounts with the same information and ebay won't bother with accounts that just sit or are used for buying?

CPUGEEK 06-04-2007 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack (Post 3713)
Thanks CPU. :) Just to wrap this up and make sure the subject is completely covered for future searches...

what type of information do you change? Address only? Name only? Everything? What works for you?

Also what do you think will happen IF you were to say change NOTHING and not sell on that account, just keep it as a posting/buying account? Would its days be numbered or is the main problem trying to sell on accounts with the same information and ebay won't bother with accounts that just sit or are used for buying?

I never heard of ebay bothering accounts that just sit...Why would they?
BUT, if you are just sitting the account and buying "LOW PRICE" items just to get feedback and sell later on it, ebay probably will catch on

I have changed my address and number many times before..

JackNoMore 06-04-2007 07:42 PM

Roger that. Do you need to change the city/state/province part too or would the street address and phone be enough to throw off the hounds? Would changing the name slightly be a big tip-off to anyone investigating or no? Would you just leave that part alone or is it best to have as completely different info as possible?

I noticed that the registration address being changed doesn't affect any other addresses. Would you advise changing those too to reflect the new address, or not? Is the idea to erase ANY record of the old address, or will ebay only be concerned with the main registration address?

I know, I'm a fountain of inquiry today but it's good to know these things ;p

CPUGEEK 06-04-2007 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack (Post 3729)
Roger that. Do you change the city/state/province part too or would the street address and phone be enough to throw off the hounds? Would changing the name slightly be a big tip-off to anyone investigating or no? Would you just leave that part alone or is it best to have as completely different info as possible?

yOU LOST ME KNOW. asking the same questions over and over

JackNoMore 06-04-2007 08:17 PM

Just edited now.