eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   What is VERO ? Understanding VERO. So I can just vero anyone I want? Vero examples (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/549-what-vero-understanding-vero-so-i-can-just-vero-anyone-i-want-vero-examples.html)

jamesy 04-28-2007 03:30 AM

What is VERO ? Understanding VERO. So I can just vero anyone I want? Vero examples

So I just got canned (again)

I sell prints of pictures which are my own works and the copyright is owned by me. I've had 2 IP lawyers take a look at my business and make recommendations on how to stay within evilbay's intellectual property rules. despite their work, I got chopped once again.

now the thing is, I set up a new account about 2 months ago and was selling my items very cheaply because I hooked up with a new manufacturer who halfed my production costs. because of this I was offering my items at very very good prices.

so in the space of a month I'd done 250+ sales (more than double my usual sales level), had no vero's, no listings removed for any reason. all of a sudden I get to 250 and bam! you are indefinitely gone.

I got a notice saying that a rights holder had signed a complaint and a number of listings had been removed. now the listings that were removed were completely at random. I've researched each person on the list, most are dead already (!) and there is absolutely no way that they all could have been connected.

It seems like some kid at T&S has just thought 'this guy's doing too well, too quickly. I have a **** job working for ebay so I'm gonna mess with someone else'

this is crazy - T&S are taking this dumping business to a whole new level. I cannot believe that you can get canned completely out of the blue like this. no listing removed, no take the vero tutorial, etc etc.

I wonder if there is some kind of review when you hit certain sales levels - being number of items or $$$ amounts.

any thoughts anybody?

j

EbayHater 04-28-2007 06:02 AM

Canned again

I sell prints of pictures which are my own works and the copyright is owned by me. I've had 2 IP lawyers take a look at my business and make recommendations on how to stay within evilbay's intellectual property rules. despite their work, I got chopped once again.

It says in the beginning of your post that all the pictures are your own. But then you said you contacted the rights owner and they are almost all dead. I can tell you right now if you are selling anything that can get you VERO'ed, then stop selling it. because e-bay will eventually catch up with your and can you again.

jamesy 04-28-2007 06:12 AM

that's not correct, I haven't contacted any rights holder. the issue here is that previously the vero email would contain the details of whom the complainer was. this one didn't state who had complained and the whole list had no common link running through it. it was almost like someone has just decided that they didn't really know if what was being sold was ok, they'd just can me anyway and let me deal with the consequences.

for the record, I sell charicatures of people. I have made these myself and these are not vero items. I have lawyers advise me on all aspects of the listings, right down to how to word the listing title and what not to say in the description. these guys did this after studying ebay's vero policies

the point is, even though the items comply with vero regulations, they've booted me off again

Jonas 04-28-2007 07:26 AM

If you can get eBay to investigate, that would be good. I suspect it's some competitor making ⊗⊗⊗⊗ reports.

aspkin 04-28-2007 09:19 AM

That's sounds like eBay to me. EBay doesn't investigate VeRO complaints; all they do is take action. What ever auctions are being removed, I would stop trying to sell them on eBay. Use another venue to get them sold. If I were you, I would start your own website and start selling there as a backup. I know eBay is your traffic, but if you can cut out the middleman, you're in a better place.

Jonas 06-08-2007 03:27 PM

What is VERO ? Understanding VERO. So I can just vero anyone I want?

I am trying to understanding VERO.

So what veros do is they pick someone, file a VERO complaint, and just vero anyone they want and they get their auction taken down and maybe suspended. Is this true?

bollock2ebay 06-08-2007 05:16 PM

No, Unless you are a major company they wont take any notice of you and use any excuse to do nothing. On their site they recommend 4 firms concerned with copyright and patent protection they work with. The copyright owners use these firms to monitor online auctions. These firms probably have good personal contacts with ebay and can get things done. The fact that Ebay recommends these firms might indicate they are connected to ebay as subsidiaries which earns fees for ebay!

Jonas 06-08-2007 07:03 PM

I thought people could register their auction pictures in VERO and VERO those that steal them.

And that competitors could VERO other competitors.

???

CPUGEEK 06-08-2007 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonas (Post 3864)
I thought people could register their auction pictures in VERO and VERO those that steal them.

And that competitors could VERO other competitors.

???

The whole system is crewed up. Competitors can get you vereod too just as fast. The whole system is screwed the hell up. If a big competitor want you gone your gone.

Also you can contact ebay and pose as law enforcment and get auctions and users suspended that way as well. Ebay must react to any law enforcement request regardless if they show proof of who they

ihatebay 06-08-2007 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPUGEEK (Post 3869)
The whole system is crewed up. Competitors can get you vereod too just as fast. The whole system is screwed the hell up. If a big competitor want you gone your gone.

Also you can contact ebay and pose as law enforcment and get auctions and users suspended that way as well. Ebay must react to any law enforcement request regardless if they show proof of who they

this is not a easy thing to do, believe me .you have to have a phone number and the number of your police station. if they actually call then the police might get pissed that someone was pretending to be a law enforcement and then you really might get in trouble, after all you reported them from your ebay account which has an IP that can be routed.

Jonas 06-08-2007 11:32 PM

"after all you reported them from your ebay account which has an IP that can be routed."

LOL you can make a 0 feedback ebay account using Tor.

But on the subject, how does a competitor VERO another? They aren't a company though? Do they impersonate the company? Do they just claim someone is violating a company's VERO? What?

CPUGEEK 06-08-2007 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonas (Post 3875)
"after all you reported them from your ebay account which has an IP that can be routed."

LOL you can make a 0 feedback ebay account using Tor.

But on the subject, how does a competitor VERO another? They aren't a company though? Do they impersonate the company? Do they just claim someone is violating a company's VERO? What?

Yep, they just claim sone false BS to get the other person kicked off. The seller the makes Ebay the most dough wins..and the other one goes bye bye..

also how do you use tor?? I tried using but cant figure it out

ifreewillie 06-09-2007 02:13 AM

You can't BS VERO. They have someone that represent a particular brand/company (i.e. LV, Chanel, Tag Heuer etc.) that identifies certain violations (i.e. Trademark Infringement) which can be reported to ebay or they have the ability and authority to do so themselves, and the listing will be taken down - no questions asked. That's for the big companies. If its some small company, you'll most likely have to provide proof that you have the right to that trademark/copyright before any action is taken.

One time, I added a word "TANK" to a watch I was selling that was the style, a huge rectangular TANK style. It was taken down because there's another watch which is branded as TANK. Yup, can't even use the work TANK anymore (for watches anyway).

CPUGEEK 06-09-2007 09:11 AM

basically what I was saying is that some big powersellers has just as much power on ebay as a big company who veros sellers.

madbrad 08-03-2007 01:31 PM

In trouble with VeRO member.

I had a listing removed a while back by a VeRO member and a few months later i get this email from them asking where i bought the product from, who i sold it to and for how much. They also want me to send them all of the products i have. When i purchase these the seller told me they were legit, well there not. When i figured that out I stop selling them and donated the rest to GoodWill. By this time i had already sold a few and received great feedback from the people who bought them. So if you were me, what would you do? Thanks in advance.

aspkin 08-03-2007 01:45 PM

I would tell the VeRO member, I stoped selling the item and that the items were mine. I'm not sure if that would help, VeRO memebers usually just get my suspended.

vers0 10-24-2007 08:29 PM

Vero Items on Ebay

I figured I would start a thread about listing brands that most of us have had trouble offering on eBay. I personally found that some Brands get attacked more often that others. Before I list the brands I've had trouble with, perhaps an Admin could OK this thread? It does involve eBay Suspensions...By all means, I do not want to convey the idea that selling Vero items are OK. Vero Items should not be sold on eBay for several reasons. I am suggesting only a list of brands and perhaps a short description with it.

ebayhateluv 10-24-2007 10:36 PM

I can give you my Vero Probs, all Legit items, My dad + I had collected Rolex Memorobilia for many years, once I got hooked on ebay, I got powersnipe, then I couldnt wait for the auctions to end, I would sit and wait for them , anyhow after spending many cd's on collectibles, it got old, many duplicates, some things we shouldnt have bought, particular interest was NOT in the watches themselves, but the Goodies that they give away, SO to make a long story short, combining what we bought on ebay, literally racking up 4 power seller accts in no time on just buying, and attending auctions, estate sales, we were getting so many pkgs, the postal guy left tubs all the time, we';d open the stuff, admire it, and place it in a new laundry basket, after a year or so, we had enough to stock a small store, So, I decided to start moving some on ebay- The ROLEX items are the MOST sought , most Vero'd in my opinion, I even had direcet conversation with their Counsel, Gibney + Assoc, I challenged every time they took an auction down, come to find out- My Items were taken down NOT
Because they were fraud/copies, BUT... because they were the REAL DEAL--the DEALERS items, Ebay was ok with them, but Gibney does not want them in the public hands, so it took me 15-20 warnings, and i kept re-wording, etc, but they NEVER explained the real reason until it was too late.. ALL they ad to say was NO dealer items, I guess that was too easy, NO, the wording was always either infringement or INducing,etc. So, Hard Lesson learned, even my PS acct manager, Kim was really nice, she herself appealed my case to the Top level T+S- no luck, I then wrote to MEG @ Ebay+ surprising I got a response-same decision. My ADVICE- NO ROLEX as a newbie, I never dealt in the watches, but first hand, the Boxes, the stands, the dealer plaques, the clocks, forget about it!

aspkin 10-25-2007 01:23 AM

There are tons of items eBay doesn't like listed. There was a list somewhere in the forums about top fraud related items eBay keeps an eye on.

imjustme 10-25-2007 02:56 AM

Gibney are nice people. I had one listing removed, provided them with the evidence and they contacted eBay to re-instate the listing. Was all done within like 10 minutes too.

vers0 10-25-2007 10:02 PM

I have come to find out that either replica or the real deal TIFFANY items are not liked on eBay. I did purchase an actual silver Tiffany ring from Tiffany's and it got kicked out. I did acquire some replica Tiffany items and also got knocked off from another account. Perhaps displaying the receipt in the picture may help you sell Authentic Tiffany but if not real, don't even bother.

vers0 10-25-2007 10:04 PM

Aspkins, I would really like to see that list of TOP FRAUD related items. I'm unable to locate it...