Using buying account to sell - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-30-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Using buying account to sell

Hey guys. I just got eBay Sleuth and it is great. I have a question though. It talks about setting up a totally new account. Here is my deal. I have been suspended many times over the years and sold under about a half a dozen friends and family members all getting suspended. I have opened ebay accounts after being suspended (I currently have one that is over a year old with 500 feedback, all stuff I bought, never sold anything). This happened to me before ebay would not let me on after being suspended. i waitted a year or 2. Tried to set up an account and it worked. I was surprised becasue I have relatives in other states that cannot get an account because of me (and these are not the relatives that I sold under). So I bought stuff. Everything was cool I bough waited and listed like 10 CD's. No biggy. Within about an hour my account was suspended. It was like they knew I was on and just waited and waitied to screw me. Once I sold I was off. Well again I have bought a ton of stuff and have great feedback. If I follow all the stuff in eBay sleuth is it safe to sell under this new account. I dont want to deal with the setup and having to raise feedback. I didnt know about all this cookies and stuff before. I mean at first I get suspended and try to get on they say I cannot join. I wait a year or two and somehow I get on. With the same address and computer too. But the moment I try to sell im done. Has anyone else had this problem. Are they cool with banned users buying as long as they dont sell or am I just lucky. Can anyone share there experiences. I am not working now and need to make money.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-30-2008
Threadstarter  

By the way I will not be selling anything illegal or vero all legit stuff and I will start off slow. I already have an ebay account over a year old with like 500 feedback and a working PayPal account attached to it. I remember one time I got a new PP and they shut it down because they said i sold to much too fast and it was suspicious. Well now I have a legit ebay and PP account and want to use it to sell and not just buy. Even now I dont delete my cookies have the same house and same computer and they still have not suspended me in a year. You would think they would check all accounts by name instead of ip address and cookies. Wouldnt that be alot easier. Either way I am breaking every rule in the sleuth book right now. Only difference is I have not sold a single thing on this account. I even sent money to my PP account from my friends account that I was selling under last. It never got suspended but I did transfer the money I made off him a few times. They can see that transfer.
Old 06-30-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Okay, it's called eBay Stealth... not Sleuth.

There is even a huge banner with eBayStealth above this text... come on..
Old 06-30-2008
Banned

Longevity: 92%

LOL apkin :D
Old 06-30-2008
Threadstarter  

Sorry for the name mistake aspkin. Does anyone have any feedback on my thoughts.
Old 06-30-2008
Threadstarter  

can anybody help me. Please
Old 07-01-2008
Administrator

I've found eBay is a lot more lenient towards buyers rather then sellers. Once you start selling, their defenses go up and start probing you for possible linked accounts. If you're buying with an account that has the same address as your suspended one, I'm surprised you're not shut down yet. Once you start selling hardcore with this account you will probably have a high risk of getting caught and suspended.

It might be better to setup a sellers account and use your buyers account as a backup.
Old 07-01-2008
Administrator

Start selling with this account and you'll see what I mean.

It's probably best you keep the account as a buyers account and setup a sellers account for your sales.
Old 07-01-2008
Threadstarter  

even if I sell legit stuff and follow ebay steath? What do you think my odds are of staying on if I do that. I just want to sell make like 100 or 200 a week I will not be greedy like I was in the past and will not be selling any illegal items. I jsut dont want to wait 30 days and have to start over with no feedback. What do yu think my odds are to get suspended if I do all that 25%, 50%, 75, 90, etc. How long do you think I could last.

Also, If my currrent 500 feedback gets suspended. Can I make a dummy account like what is mentioned in stealth to just buy stuff or is the account with all ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info jsut for selling and collecting PayPal. What I mean is with the dummy account how would I get the stuff I win shipped to my address without ebay knowing. Wouldnt the address be ⊗⊗⊗⊗ too?
Old 07-01-2008
Threadstarter  

thats 100-200 dollars a week not items. i might only sell like 10-20 items a week like dvd's and other stuff I have lying around.
Old 07-02-2008
Administrator

The odds of getting suspended are probably 50/50. If it's not a big deal to you, to lose that account, then give it a try but I believe there's a good chance of being linked and suspended. If I were you I would just start over with a stealth account.