Registering as legit business after suspension - CHECK LIST - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-07-2013
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 22
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default Registering as legit business after suspension - CHECK LIST

My seller account was suspended few months ago, after rounds of appeals, BBB complaints, driving to eBay office in San Jose to talk to "office of the prez" - did not help, remains closed.
Since then I had created my own site with items listed, merchant account and shopping cart setup but now I am thinking about setting up a CORP or LLC in my state of California but wondering about few things, have this action plan:

Business Entity:
1. Incorporate in CA a legit business
2. I don't have a business address since doing it from home which is already on file with our friends at eBay and Paypal
3. Use UPS store or PO BOX as business address???
4. Get a new phone number?
5. Establish real bank account under business name

Machines/IP/Routers:
1. Get a new machine, reset change IP address

Register w/eBay and Paypal
1. Use my new business name and PO BOX address, new phone?:
2. Problem is if I use the same name that my website where I am selling...will eBay somehow link the items I selling on my site to some thinkgs I had sold on eBay and lead to suspensions...? Nothing unique or expensive about items..
3. If asked about proof, what will I have to provide? Personal info or EIN and corp registeration paperwork???

I appreciate any suggestions and corrections...
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 03-08-2013
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 407
Thanked 661 Times in 489 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Are you trying to sell on eBay again? Was your PayPal affected or are you using a different merchant account processor? I can't quite understand what you are trying to do but once I do I can definitely help.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-08-2013
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 22
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Vogeltron,
Yes, I am trying to sell on ebay again after seller account suspension but as new legit business entity, Paypal was not impacted.,
Should've stated that...I can still buy with the account but not sell due to restriction placed.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-09-2013
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 407
Thanked 661 Times in 489 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
iTrader: (0)
Default

See the problem is that they could link you again even if you do everything right for a new eBay account but use the old PayPal.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-09-2013
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 407
Thanked 661 Times in 489 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
iTrader: (0)
Default

If you are really serious about starting fresh. I would advise you make a new eBay and PayPal separate from anything you have done in the past. If you want to go the LLC route I am not sure 100% about how that works. If you just want to do a sole proprietorship you need to file a fictitious name statement at the county clerks office. If your last name is part of the business aka name John Smith business name Smith Industries for example. Then you can bypass this requirement in California. You will need to get a EIN since I am guessing you used your SSN on the previous PayPal account. As well as that you need to file with the State Board of Equalization to charge sales tax to CA customers. Then of course like you said you need a new everything, IP address, windows acct if you are serious I would suggest a new PC. As well a like you said a new phone # even if it is just a prepaid TracFone. For the address to since your previous one is burnt on eBay I would suggest a UPS store address or a mail box center. eBay does not like PO Boxes as the primary address for any selling accounts.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-10-2013
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 22
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
See the problem is that they could link you again even if you do everything right for a new eBay account but use the old PayPal.
Using any of my old paypals is out of the question, will establish a new one...for the business.

One this I am concerned about is...since the suspension I have used some paypal accounts to login from my computer to pay for things (since I can buy..but not sell).

If I establish a new business account on Paypal..from the same computer, after router, cookie..cleaning...is there a possiblity they might still track me down since machine is 'flagged'?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-10-2013
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 22
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
If you are really serious about starting fresh. I would advise you make a new eBay and PayPal separate from anything you have done in the past. If you want to go the LLC route I am not sure 100% about how that works. If you just want to do a sole proprietorship you need to file a fictitious name statement at the county clerks office. If your last name is part of the business aka name John Smith business name Smith Industries for example. Then you can bypass this requirement in California. You will need to get a EIN since I am guessing you used your SSN on the previous PayPal account. As well as that you need to file with the State Board of Equalization to charge sales tax to CA customers. Then of course like you said you need a new everything, IP address, windows acct if you are serious I would suggest a new PC. As well a like you said a new phone # even if it is just a prepaid TracFone. For the address to since your previous one is burnt on eBay I would suggest a UPS store address or a mail box center. eBay does not like PO Boxes as the primary address for any selling accounts.
Hmmm-good ideas but not sure how fictious business name would work since I have a very, verfy uncommon and unsual first and last name...so wonder if I get fictious business namesake if ebay will track me down...? And yes they have my SS on file...so that's out of the question
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-10-2013
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 22
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default

also, can they find my identity if track me down by factious business name? if they look up at the county registerar who registered the business name?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-11-2013
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 407
Thanked 661 Times in 489 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
iTrader: (0)
Default

It is a risk that you may have to take. If you want to try to sell on eBay again. If you do everything stealth guide says use and EIN, charge sales tax etc. You should be ok. Just have to build good standing with eBay and PayPal.

Last edited by vogeltron; 03-11-2013 at 06:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-11-2013
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,611
Thanks: 1,580
Thanked 2,025 Times in 1,355 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
iTrader: (47)
Default

If you are going to go through all this work the same can be done in stealth mode.

Unless you want to try it with legit stuff and see if it works but lets say you get it done and have 500 feedback and they finally catch up to it.

You lose the account because of linking etc. All the work was done for nothing.

Stealth, if done right wont happen that way.

Just a thought for you to consider.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-12-2013
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 22
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default

What do you think the problems could be since I own a website where sell - will ebay be able to track me down via my website?

here is an example:
-I own and sell on my site: xyz.com for example
-My new legit business entity is called xyz.com CORP, I am thinking Corp instead of ficti biz name/
-I register on eBay as xyz.com CORP
-My username on ebay will be xyzcom (if available)
-all my headers, notifications will be refrence my letig site, xyz.com

I wonder what are the risks of doing it that way...will ebay somehow go to my site, look up what I am selling or have sold, verify my 'contact us' info, do whois lookup on my domain... But all the contact informatoin on the site will match that I used to register on ebay so will domain whois lookup - all items sold on my site are legit.

What do you pros think of this plan?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-13-2013
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 22
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsell View Post
What do you think the problems could be since I own a website where sell - will ebay be able to track me down via my website?

here is an example:
-I own and sell on my site: xyz.com for example
-My new legit business entity is called xyz.com CORP, I am thinking Corp instead of ficti biz name/
-I register on eBay as xyz.com CORP
-My username on ebay will be xyzcom (if available)
-all my headers, notifications will be refrence my letig site, xyz.com

I wonder what are the risks of doing it that way...will ebay somehow go to my site, look up what I am selling or have sold, verify my 'contact us' info, do whois lookup on my domain... But all the ocntact informatoin on the site will match that I used to register on ebay so will domain whois lookup - all items sold on my site are legit.

What do you pros think of this plan?
No feedback, anybody???
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-14-2013
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 10
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsell View Post
No feedback, anybody???
Honestly, I'm just starting the same, suspended 2 days ago after 7 years.. and started alreay all those steps.. Just be cautious.. Everything from the past is from the past.. And good luck.. As long as you ever link your name, address, #, SSN, etc... you hould be good to go.. "Forget about any personal information on ebay for life".. plus if you already have all other Internet provider, phones, etc.. changes no more worries..

Good luck ..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-18-2013
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 407
Thanked 661 Times in 489 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
iTrader: (0)
Default

I made a Legit eBay and Paypal with the EIN. I had to give my real name same one that was suspended years ago on PayPal. The best thing you can do is get an address in another city and change up everything you can using the stealth method. The reason you have to give your real name is because you if you have over 20k in sales on PayPal they send you a 1099k either through the mail or electronically. A copy of that goes to the IRS. It does not have you Business name on it, it has your name that you have to put on the account. You have more balls than me if you are going to have a 1099K registered under John Doe a copy of that sent to the IRS with the EIN you gave all your personal info to get. Maybe a LLC is different someone else would have to chime in because I have never seen that option.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsell View Post
What do you think the problems could be since I own a website where sell - will ebay be able to track me down via my website?

here is an example:
-I own and sell on my site: xyz.com for example
-My new legit business entity is called xyz.com CORP, I am thinking Corp instead of ficti biz name/
-I register on eBay as xyz.com CORP
-My username on ebay will be xyzcom (if available)
-all my headers, notifications will be refrence my letig site, xyz.com

I wonder what are the risks of doing it that way...will ebay somehow go to my site, look up what I am selling or have sold, verify my 'contact us' info, do whois lookup on my domain... But all the ocntact informatoin on the site will match that I used to register on ebay so will domain whois lookup - all items sold on my site are legit.

What do you pros think of this plan?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
ebsell (03-20-2013)
  #15  
Old 03-19-2013
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,657
Thanks: 25
Thanked 401 Times in 337 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
iTrader: (0)
Default

I did exactly what you are attempting to do, sadly they still ask for personal info on ebay and paypal, Name of business owner. I gave them my legit name and I havent had a problem yet. I only sell legit stuff and in the 2 years ive had this business account ive only had 1 paypal case open.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-20-2013
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 407
Thanked 661 Times in 489 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Same deal, haven't had any problem thus far. But I did try to change my info as much as I could. But you do have to give them your legit name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
I did exactly what you are attempting to do, sadly they still ask for personal info on ebay and paypal, Name of business owner. I gave them my legit name and I havent had a problem yet. I only sell legit stuff and in the 2 years ive had this business account ive only had 1 paypal case open.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-20-2013
zoneout's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,296
Thanks: 285
Thanked 256 Times in 196 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
I made a Legit eBay and Paypal with the EIN. I had to give my real name same one that was suspended years ago on PayPal. The best thing you can do is get an address in another city and change up everything you can using the stealth method. The reason you have to give your real name is because you if you have over 20k in sales on PayPal they send you a 1099k either through the mail or electronically. A copy of that goes to the IRS. It does not have you Business name on it, it has your name that you have to put on the account. You have more balls than me if you are going to have a 1099K registered under John Doe a copy of that sent to the IRS with the EIN you gave all your personal info to get. Maybe a LLC is different someone else would have to chime in because I have never seen that option.
Ya but ein is to register a business not a person. Otherwise they would just use Ssn.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-20-2013
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 22
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyes View Post
Honestly, I'm just starting the same, suspended 2 days ago after 7 years.. and started alreay all those steps.. Just be cautious.. Everything from the past is from the past.. And good luck.. As long as you ever link your name, address, #, SSN, etc... you hould be good to go.. "Forget about any personal information on ebay for life".. plus if you already have all other Internet provider, phones, etc.. changes no more worries..

Good luck ..
SS# is out of the equition since I will not be using at all - it'll be corporate/business EIN
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-20-2013
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 22
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
I made a Legit eBay and Paypal with the EIN. I had to give my real name same one that was suspended years ago on PayPal. The best thing you can do is get an address in another city and change up everything you can using the stealth method. The reason you have to give your real name is because you if you have over 20k in sales on PayPal they send you a 1099k either through the mail or electronically. A copy of that goes to the IRS. It does not have you Business name on it, it has your name that you have to put on the account. You have more balls than me if you are going to have a 1099K registered under John Doe a copy of that sent to the IRS with the EIN you gave all your personal info to get. Maybe a LLC is different someone else would have to chime in because I have never seen that option.
Did you give exact same spelling and variation of your name or small veriation? if Thomas...Tommy etc? just curious
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-20-2013
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 22
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
I did exactly what you are attempting to do, sadly they still ask for personal info on ebay and paypal, Name of business owner. I gave them my legit name and I havent had a problem yet. I only sell legit stuff and in the 2 years ive had this business account ive only had 1 paypal case open.
That's encouraging to hear, what did you as far as technical stuff, IP addrs, machines, routers??? anything I need to know?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-20-2013
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 22
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
I made a Legit eBay and Paypal with the EIN. I had to give my real name same one that was suspended years ago on PayPal. The best thing you can do is get an address in another city and change up everything you can using the stealth method. The reason you have to give your real name is because you if you have over 20k in sales on PayPal they send you a 1099k either through the mail or electronically. A copy of that goes to the IRS. It does not have you Business name on it, it has your name that you have to put on the account. You have more balls than me if you are going to have a 1099K registered under John Doe a copy of that sent to the IRS with the EIN you gave all your personal info to get. Maybe a LLC is different someone else would have to chime in because I have never seen that option.
but you did a fictious business name tho..not a corp - correct? otherwise it would have your corp name on it, no ?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-21-2013
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 407
Thanked 661 Times in 489 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneout View Post
Ya but ein is to register a business not a person. Otherwise they would just use Ssn.
I am looking at my 1099k it has my name on it. Not my business name. And yes, you do still have to give them your name on eBay as well. EIN and all.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Registering with HMC, business name or sole trader Clara Subscriber Discussions 3 01-17-2013 03:38 PM
registering as a business leericho Phone Number Verification 1 12-07-2011 01:14 PM
Ebay - registering as a business. arshavin UK eBay & Paypal 6 01-06-2011 04:40 PM
Registering business VS. IRS rskybznz eBay Discussion! 1 10-25-2010 06:42 PM
registering as a business on eBay luverlyjuberly UK eBay & Paypal 0 03-07-2010 10:59 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts