eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Paypal Limited followed by Ebay - normal? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/58613-paypal-limited-followed-ebay-normal.html)

tintin 04-04-2013 08:46 PM

Paypal Limited followed by Ebay - normal?

Hi everyone, new here.

My Paypal account was limited due to a high number of non-received claims - scammers from outside USA who know I send by Air mail without tracking (too expensive for the items I sell).

Anyhow, once my paypal was limited, within 2 hours, my ebay account which I have over 1000 + seller feedback/99.5%, account since 2002, was also limited.

Is this normal for ebay to limit an account just because the linked paypal account was limited?

vogeltron 04-06-2013 03:15 AM

Yea, when one goes down the other one usually follows.

GreenBean 04-06-2013 03:18 AM

Yes.

Certainly usual given the reasons for paypal to limit your account.

Sadly you lost out because of shipping as you did.

Must ask this.

What if anything did you do when you got the 1st lot of trouble?

Did you re-do your selling plan or just hope you would be OK?

I'm asking because you must understand for going stealth, you have to be wise to everything that could damage a new account.

If you select international shipping you have to cover yourself with suitable postage. Sorry but that is sensible business
:peace:

newjerseymax 04-06-2013 11:30 AM

I must be lucky. I ship a lot of international first class and this rarely happens to me. Is it possible your customers are not 100% aware of the long shipping times?

tintin 04-06-2013 11:30 AM

Thanks - a few more questions

This is the issue. I am physically located in Canada, but most of my customers are in USA, so with those, it's not a problem to ship with tracking(+$5-7).

Yes, it's sensible to add postage BUT......to ship to rest of world (Europe, Asia, etc.), to add tracking via Canada Post costs more than $50. No one will pay that. So, I just ship Air Mail. 99%, it's not a problem.

International - my listing clearly states 15 BUSINESS days.

But lately, I have 5 buyers from France - they all bought the same item on the same day. Exactly 1 week later, all 5 of these buyers made 'Not Received" claims. That coupled with a few non receipt claims from Russia, must have flagged me. Also, just before this, I got a message from Ebay that my Global Performance was below standard (due to these International Claims)

Most customers are honest - even when I sent Air Mail the past 3 years - I had no issues - none!. It's the 1% of dishonest buyers who see the Air Mail (no tracking), and know they can get their item for free. I used to eat these claims as the cost of doing business - didn't know it would limit my paypal followed by my ebay.....

Ebay limited my account: MC011, MC000.

I have already bought the Stealth Guide, and know what do do.

BUT, my questions are before going Stealth:

1. Should I try to restore my paypal account?
2. If restored, would ebay restore my seller privileges?
3. Or should I just not bother, and go Stealth?

rsot 04-08-2013 08:56 PM

Sadly but true, both can go down. You need to convince me about shipping fees - it is horrible I feel you :(

1. Yes - try - follow their steps and push.
2. If pp restores, eB is not necessarily automatic - you may have to push there too...documents and explanations...possible but chance is always rough.
3. BOTHER AND MAKE STEALTH ACCOUNTS NOW :thumb:

GreenBean 04-09-2013 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiunamwan (Post 437835)
T
BUT, my questions are before going Stealth:

1. Should I try to restore my paypal account?

Until paypal kills an account always FIGHT to save an account.

Quote:

2. If restored, would ebay restore my seller privileges?
Never easy to say. ebay may decide to leave you without an account.

Quote:

3. Or should I just not bother, and go Stealth?
Do both!!
Regard this as helping you to learn stealth methods.

Good Luck

:cheer:

tintin 04-09-2013 09:49 PM

Thanks for the advice and info everyone! Great site, great members:clap:

rsot 04-10-2013 12:35 PM

Spread sales over other accounts to minimize damage too