MASTER LIST OF ITEMS or THINGS THAT MAY DRAW A MC999 - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-18-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbringer2572 View Post
Things you do?? or don't do?? i have always read that you should look around and maybe buy before you start to sell?
Has to be things you don't do.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-19-2013

Longevity: 62%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbringer2572 View Post
Things you do?? or don't do?? i have always read that you should look around and maybe buy before you start to sell?
I can relate to your confusion. After reading the OP, at first I thought it meant that we should list right away after account creation, and that I was making a mistake by waiting and letting the Ebay account sit there without my listing anything. I read the post a few times and still couldn't be certain whether the

(List of things not to list-)

Things you do-

was the start of a contrasting "Things you SHOULD do:" sort of list.
Like, the list of items are things you "SHOULD NOT:" do
Then the next section is "Things you SHOULD:" do

But I know now, as Sandy has written to me in response to my customer service inquiry, that we ought to wait at least 5 days before listing anything on a new account, that "Things you do:" is meant to be interpreted as, "[/B]Things you do that will get you an MC999[/B]," not a "Things you do so as not to get an MC999."

But really, it all makes sense according to the title of the thread. It's just an additional bonus, "Your behaviors (as opposed to the specific items) that get you an MC999."

So basically, listing items "right away," is something you should NOT do.
And by "right away," all I can say is that 3 or 4 days after the birth of the account is "right away."

If you think about it, a neophyte Ebayer would probably not list something the same day of creating an Ebay account. He or she might be motivated to create the account for the purpose of listing an item, but it is likely that they may get frustrated after finally setting up the account that they only get halfway through the first listing before minimizing the window and going to do something they already know. Then maybe they come back to it in a few days, then almost list it again, maybe read some articles on listing an item, then maybe a week goes by, and they finally wake up early one morning and list the item.

If your suspended account was 9 years old (like mine), or something, then you know how to list an item like riding a bike. Just remember that your new you is an Ebay greenhorn.

I just purchased a baby account, fully verified, from Sandy. So far, so good. After the 5th day (I'd be more specific but I don't know whether any Ebay hounds are sniffing around this forum), I listed a a trinket from the dollar store for between 4 to 8 bucks, and the next day or the day after that I listed a $35 item, at auction. Then the next day I listed a dog bone and priced it, let's just say, higher than anyone should pay for a dog bone. And in fact, I mixed up the order in which I actually listed them, but unless you're from Ebay reading this, that shouldn't be important.

At this moment, I have zero feedback. But I'm trying to be very careful with this account.

Also, Sandy advised not to list things starting at 99 cents; however, I don't understand why not, because probably every new seller starts auctions at 99 cents, because next to the blank box for the price, Ebay encourages you to start auctions at .99 because they tend to end up with many more bidders and higher prices. So I'm thinking that most new Ebayers start their auctions at 99 cents, because Ebay encourages them to do that. Just my two cents.

Also, can anyone tell me when it might be safe (enough) to list a $200 RV item? It's a Consumer Electronics item, but what if I put it in a different category? On my old account, I did well with these $200 retail value widgets...one even sold for $200 on Ebay. I lucked out there. Most the time, they sold for around $170 or $180.

For you veterans, with 1+ years old stealth accounts, what is your behavior like? Are you able to sell something like a $200 (RV) item? And how frequently?

Last edited by Brainbuster; 08-19-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-19-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Also, can anyone tell me when it might be safe (enough) to list a $200 RV item?
I would wait at least 90 days and at least 10+ feedback.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Brainbuster (08-19-2013), grislybear (08-20-2013)
Old 08-19-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboddie View Post
@ rsot "3" + a control group is more of a solid fact based observation then anyone else has offered or can prove. Everything else on this particular subject offered by others on this forum is strictly hypothetical in the loosest sense of the term at best.
Hypothetical my butt!!

Do you get 50-100 pms a day asking you for help? Probably not.
I get lots of people who are not customers of mine who get mc999 and ask for help. The first thing I ask is what did you list?

The list above is a compilation of more then a two years of people who have told me what they listed, how they listed it etc when they received the mc999.

I have sold over 1000 accounts here since I started selling accounts 7 months ago and only 3 have received the mc999 that I am aware of and all 3 listed 1. A Brand new branded item that was high dollar. 2. A 0.99 cent item that is valued at over 300.00. 3. A vero phake item that is a huge no no.

The point of this thread is based on 100s of pms I have received for more then a 2 years and when I helped those people the numbers PROVE this is no hypothetical at all.

Then again you are not offering any help to anyone and probably would not know of others issues other then your own.

I am thinking you are basing everything in your head only on your personal experiences with nothing else to back up your hypothetical reason.

Now let me explain something else to you. I have close to 500 seller accounts. I rotate 15-20 a week to sell on. I have not received a MC999 on a single account to date. Why? Because I have learned what and how to list items on a new account is why. If that is hypothetical then you must not understand what the word means.

Why do you even post in this thread if all you want to do is try and break it down and prove it to be wrong? What do you have to offer our members by posting some help or some facts.

500 sellers accounts and not one single mc999 is proof enough to me that if you stay away from the things posted above you will have a very high percentage of success rate with your accounts like I have.

The purpose of this thread is not for your rants but to help people not get mc999s if we can provide some information that has been proven to work for me and many others.

If you have nothing of value to help and offer others so they do not get mc999 then stay out of the thread.

I am trying to help people, not do your thing of constantly downgrading anyone who post or offers to help others. Even if you disagree that is fine but stop the know it all trolling please. It is getting old.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
An0nym0u$ (08-19-2013), datnikkadee85 (09-15-2013), jh10 (10-12-2013), MM78 (08-19-2013)
Old 08-19-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%

Quote:
@ rsot "3" + a control group is more of a solid fact based observation then anyone else has offered or can prove. Everything else on this particular subject offered by others on this forum is strictly hypothetical in the loosest sense of the term at best.
I have read over many of your posts and agree that all of them are hypothetical and have offered loose interpretations at best.

I value the 'opinions' of account sellers who deal w/ this on a daily basis moreover than any control group or whatever lab experiment you have conducted thus far to come up w/ these observations to postulate whatever theory you're rambling about.

The original post was not intended to list every single reason why someone would get an MC999, but instead help a new user make a better decision on what would be the reasoning behind it.

It's not perfect, but its better than any list or B.S. that ebay tells you in those ambiguous emails.

Last edited by An0nym0u$; 08-19-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-19-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Althought the Point of this thread is admirable, the sad fact is that althought there are things that will surely trigger an MC999 some of which have been discussed here by my colleagues, the FACT still remains that a large number of these MC999 are ABSOLUTELY done at random,,,,

I believe that if you excercise GOOD Common sense and follow the CORE practices of "Babying" a new seller account, you can avoid most of the issues that will surely cause an MC999,,,That being said,,,

Im QUITE sure that a large number of MC999 are NOT triggered by anything, they simply just happen, plain and simple,,,and while the idea of some kind list of causes of MC999's may be helpful to a certain extent, given the large amount of random MC999 that are routinely issued can make such a list as effective as a rabbits foot,,,It can help Im Sure,,but I believe only marginally,,,,

Just my thoughts,,,

Last edited by slapped; 08-19-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Old 08-19-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

I never said my list is complete. This is just a small group of reasons and info based on what I have been told over the past couple of years. Sure we all know eba just tossed a dart at many to get you to call but the small list above is what I have compiled myself.

Anyone is free to add your own mc999 stories so others can see the info.

For me if they were a high percent of random acts by ebay I surely would have seen at least one with all of the accounts I list on but I have not.
Old 08-20-2013

Longevity: 65%
Send a message via Skype™ to AuctionsDenied

Quote:
Within a control group you base facts on observation. With all the information that @Sandy has picked up, I would consider her information as being fact.
The Following User Says Thank You to AuctionsDenied For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (08-20-2013)
Old 08-20-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuctionsDenied View Post
Within a control group you base facts on observation. With all the information that @Sandy has picked up, I would consider her information as being fact.
Thank you!

In December it will be 3 years since I received any suspension, limitation or MC999 on any of my own seller accounts.

I compile a notebook of things people pm me about, when someone needs help if I do not remember the answer I can go right to my trusty notebook and look at the problem or issue and see if there is a resolve noted. I then help members based on fact, not some hypothetical observation of a small group of people.

As I stated above, MC999s can come at anytime to anyone, but on new or newer accounts I have found the above being SOME of the top reasons I have been told to be the reasons for a member receiving a MC999.

The entire point was to help members not get an MC999 if we can.
People work hard to make money and when they lose an account it causes stress and loses them money. If I can help someone save money or their account I will no matter what one person believes to be wrong.

Afterall the forum and the members are here to help each other, not beat them to death on issues when the facts are compiled for no less then 2 years back.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
john456 (08-20-2013)
Old 09-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: MASTER LIST OF ITEMS or THINGS THAT MAY DRAW A MC999

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
To be fair, MC999 can be summarized as the result of not following common stealth procedures and practices well enough. Everything listed in the OP are examples of it.
If you get MC999, you need to rethink about your stealth practices and determine what went wrong.
Well said!!!

Thread read only now.

Enough snakes came out and comments were counter-productive.

As with ALL matters ebay, use common sense.

Ask on the forum first before committing fatal acts.

Happy Stealthing
Old 11-07-2013

Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
I get this question probably asked more then any other question so we need a sticky with a list of items or things you do that will draw an MC999 on new accounts or even newer accounts.

These are items that will get you an MC999 the majority of the time.

Items-

1. Brand new items, unopened, boxed, sealed.
2. Electronics
3. Cell phones and cell phone accessories
4. Name brand items
5. Phake items
6. High prices items
7. 0.01-0.99 items on a new account
8. Duplicate listing of the same item on a new account

Things you do-

1. Listing on a new account right away.

If you have other items you have experienced a MC999 on please list it.

From my experience I sell yard sale, households, used box lot items on all of my own accounts for the first month. Then move into other items, areas etc once feedback is left and 30 days have past. Some have had success earlier but for me I wont risk an account for this so patience is a key factor if you want a long lasting account.

Not the case. I've gotten mc999 just by creating a seller account without selling yet.
Old 11-07-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanna4051 View Post
Not the case. I've gotten mc999 just by creating a seller account without selling yet.
Sorry you are incorrect.

This thread was made almost 5 months ago.

As you will learn things change and the new mc999 you are getting differs from this issue.

Completely different and a new thing ebay is pulling.

This still applies to new accounts but they have added their new twist to it recently.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
An0nym0u$ (11-08-2013), biggunn (11-07-2013)
Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 8%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Sorry you are incorrect.

This thread was made almost 5 months ago.

As you will learn things change and the new mc999 you are getting differs from this issue.

Completely different and a new thing ebay is pulling.

This still applies to new accounts but they have added their new twist to it recently.
Very much agreed. Other members have mentioned it recently. But this could be because we are getting into Christmas season. Not wanting new seller with products not getting delivered on time etc. Making eBay look bad. Will be interesting to see how all this plays out.

Sandy is also absolutely right. eBay/PP and how they conduct themselves in constantly changing. Every year, sometimes every few months. Have to learn as much as you can and do your best to just roll with it. It absolutely sucks. I 100% Agree. Complaining solves nothing, you have to look for solutions.
The Following User Says Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (11-10-2013)
Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Even old accounts without any issues have been reported recently as having mc999's or limit reductions without a clear problem identified
Old 11-08-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

@Joana. You turned your account into a seller account right away I'm guessing but just saved the listing and didn't list any items ???

That's what Sandy is talking about the most important element to make a good credible stealth account is patience.

You need to wait a good month to even think about listing, the first 4 weeks you should just have a buyers account and you can also set up your Paypal in that time

That means do not go through the steps to even show ur intentions of being a seller right away. Just because u hit sell and went through everything and verification and than did list ur item is the same as listing it ur a new account that was flagged for turning into a sellers account right a Away .

It's so easy for ebay to point out stealth users because just reading posts there's much resistance when it comes to the patience part everyone is asking how can I get limits raised quickly and so on and saying every argument against this one little but most important part to stealth Patience .

Listen I know it's hard especially when everyone needs money that's reality, when I got suspended I was fighting for my life ebay gives u a taste and money is flying in and Boom it's a shock to the system and all u can think of is all them missed bank deposits and how to get them back as quickly as possible

Once u set up a group of accounts where ur making money try the technique Sandy mentioned and you will see that you will not need to call in as a result of ur account never being flagged increases come more often the account is so much better
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
An0nym0u$ (11-08-2013), joanna4051 (11-09-2013), Sandy D (11-10-2013)
Old 11-09-2013

Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
@Joana. You turned your account into a seller account right away I'm guessing but just saved the listing and didn't list any items ???

That's what Sandy is talking about the most important element to make a good credible stealth account is patience.

You need to wait a good month to even think about listing, the first 4 weeks you should just have a buyers account and you can also set up your Paypal in that time

That means do not go through the steps to even show ur intentions of being a seller right away. Just because u hit sell and went through everything and verification and than did list ur item is the same as listing it ur a new account that was flagged for turning into a sellers account right a Away .

It's so easy for ebay to point out stealth users because just reading posts there's much resistance when it comes to the patience part everyone is asking how can I get limits raised quickly and so on and saying every argument against this one little but most important part to stealth Patience .

Listen I know it's hard especially when everyone needs money that's reality, when I got suspended I was fighting for my life ebay gives u a taste and money is flying in and Boom it's a shock to the system and all u can think of is all them missed bank deposits and how to get them back as quickly as possible

Once u set up a group of accounts where ur making money try the technique Sandy mentioned and you will see that you will not need to call in as a result of ur account never being flagged increases come more often the account is so much better
Dmshark,

I don't know how I missed this part... Was this was talked about in the Stealth Book? For the past year and a half my understanding was that you create a paypal account and once everything is verified you link them, within days, and just let it age. No listing but have a seller account ready? That is what I have been doing and after 30+ days start listing small things. Does creating a seller account right away in itself raise a red flag?
Old 11-10-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the kind words above guys and gals.

The only way we can defeat ebay is keep discussing and keep posting anything new they try.

They simply cannot defeat us if we stay on top of their lousy way of laying games.

I called this months ago. I said back in June they would be pulling something new around the holidays and this new mc999 is it.

And the old mc999s are still to be considered as well.

Use your accounts wisely, grow them slowly and build plenty of backups for the future.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
colt63 (11-11-2013)
Old 12-31-2013

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Hypothetical my butt!!

Do you get 50-100 pms a day asking you for help? Probably not.
I get lots of people who are not customers of mine who get mc999 and ask for help. The first thing I ask is what did you list?

The list above is a compilation of more then a two years of people who have told me what they listed, how they listed it etc when they received the mc999.

I have sold over 1000 accounts here since I started selling accounts 7 months ago and only 3 have received the mc999 that I am aware of and all 3 listed 1. A Brand new branded item that was high dollar. 2. A 0.99 cent item that is valued at over 300.00. 3. A vero phake item that is a huge no no.

The point of this thread is based on 100s of pms I have received for more then a 2 years and when I helped those people the numbers PROVE this is no hypothetical at all.

Then again you are not offering any help to anyone and probably would not know of others issues other then your own.

I am thinking you are basing everything in your head only on your personal experiences with nothing else to back up your hypothetical reason.

Now let me explain something else to you. I have close to 500 seller accounts. I rotate 15-20 a week to sell on. I have not received a MC999 on a single account to date. Why? Because I have learned what and how to list items on a new account is why. If that is hypothetical then you must not understand what the word means.

Why do you even post in this thread if all you want to do is try and break it down and prove it to be wrong? What do you have to offer our members by posting some help or some facts.

500 sellers accounts and not one single mc999 is proof enough to me that if you stay away from the things posted above you will have a very high percentage of success rate with your accounts like I have.

The purpose of this thread is not for your rants but to help people not get mc999s if we can provide some information that has been proven to work for me and many others.

If you have nothing of value to help and offer others so they do not get mc999 then stay out of the thread.

I am trying to help people, not do your thing of constantly downgrading anyone who post or offers to help others. Even if you disagree that is fine but stop the know it all trolling please. It is getting old.
Sandy please don't be offended, but why are you always so angry?
Old 12-31-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollins121 View Post
Sandy please don't be offended, but why are you always so angry?
Doesnt seem angry to me just matter of fact - it`s straight forward, good approach
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
ricardosway8 (12-15-2014), tigerlite (06-17-2015)