using mom's 5 year old ebay account - paypal already suspended - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-23-2013
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 169
Thanks: 89
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 48%
iTrader: (1)
Default using mom's 5 year old ebay account - paypal already suspended

my mother gave me her old ebay account which is already a sellers account (she sold 2 things in the past 5 years) that has a 100 or $5000 limit. problem is her paypal is suspended (not sure how that happened) and it was already linked to her ebay.

I logged in with a new IP and delinked the paypal. Can I add a new paypal account to this account to use ti?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 07-23-2013
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41,969
Thanks: 5,467
Thanked 8,998 Times in 7,022 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default

Did you do this before OR after you joined here?

I hope you did it before you joined.

Even though you delinked the 'old' paypal, all that info still stays with both ebay and paypal.

This account is simply an account that was made a few years ago. Its limits may not apply especially because of the paypal issue.

We discussed today that another paypal can not be added aftr a limited paypal happens. You need other options

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-23-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58,248
Thanks: 4,616
Thanked 7,105 Times in 6,472 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaychic2013 View Post
my mother gave me her old ebay account which is already a sellers account (she sold 2 things in the past 5 years) that has a 100 or $5000 limit. problem is her paypal is suspended (not sure how that happened) and it was already linked to her ebay.

I logged in with a new IP and delinked the paypal. Can I add a new paypal account to this account to use ti?

Thanks
A new pp addition is likely to fail too - just because an eB account is older does NOT necessarily make it solid/golden.

The fact of the matter is that you need to learn stealth ASAP and create your own accounts. Going for shortcuts and using family info without knowing how links work will DOOM you.

All the best.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-23-2013
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 169
Thanks: 89
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 48%
iTrader: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
A new pp addition is likely to fail too - just because an eB account is older does NOT necessarily make it solid/golden.

The fact of the matter is that you need to learn stealth ASAP and create your own accounts. Going for shortcuts and using family info without knowing how links work will DOOM you.

All the best.
I am creating stealth accounts - just waiting for my VBAs to be delivered then I am off to work

I figured I had nothing to lose with moms ebay account since she doesn't use it anyway, so I gave it a try. I just listed 5 things.

The funny thing with her account is because it's so old - when I go into the paypal link form, it says "leave blank and you can add a paypal after the auction ends". This text is not available on new ebay accounts.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-24-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58,248
Thanks: 4,616
Thanked 7,105 Times in 6,472 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default

If you choose to keep it for sales, go slow - still in your mom's info so dont burn that info
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-24-2013
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41,969
Thanks: 5,467
Thanked 8,998 Times in 7,022 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaychic2013 View Post
The funny thing with her account is because it's so old - when I go into the paypal link form, it says "leave blank and you can add a paypal after the auction ends". This text is not available on new ebay accounts.
Be very cautious here.

Maybe a goer.

May not.

Think of another payment option possibly.

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-25-2013
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 169
Thanks: 89
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 48%
iTrader: (1)
Default

I am going to create a new paypal account and have buyers send payments to that (if I don't get restricted or suspended first). I'm guessing my new paypal will have to be a different address AND different name (everything different)? I don't want them to link it to my mom's old suspended account. But then would I have to change my mother's ebay personal information to match the new paypal account?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-25-2013
An0nym0u$'s Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,297
Thanks: 411
Thanked 493 Times in 346 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 56%
iTrader: (2)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaychic2013 View Post
I don't want them to link it to my mom's old suspended account. But then would I have to change my mother's ebay personal information to match the new paypal account?

Thanks
You're running a risk here. You simply cannot create a new PP account and then go linking it with that ebay account. This defeats the purpose of creating that new PP account.

You need to rethink your strategies and go through the stealth guide again. Your methods still have flaws.

Taking shortcuts lead to short-lived accounts.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-25-2013
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 284
Thanks: 27
Thanked 47 Times in 40 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaychic2013 View Post
I am going to create a new paypal account and have buyers send payments to that (if I don't get restricted or suspended first). I'm guessing my new paypal will have to be a different address AND different name (everything different)? I don't want them to link it to my mom's old suspended account. But then would I have to change my mother's ebay personal information to match the new paypal account?

Thanks
How do you just ignore what everyone is telling you when you ask for help?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-25-2013
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 169
Thanks: 89
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 48%
iTrader: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious George View Post
How do you just ignore what everyone is telling you when you ask for help?
I was thinking that I had nothing to lose with an old ebay account sitting around. I was just trying to figure out how to use it with the least probability of getting shut down. Maybe that is not possible, but maybe it is..I don't know how.

I am creating other stealth accounts on the side (and following everything in the Stealth Book) and taking good notes of everyone's advice here.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-25-2013
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,611
Thanks: 1,580
Thanked 2,025 Times in 1,355 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
iTrader: (47)
Default

If it were me I would be upset because the account was fine until you used it and now your Mom if she ever needs the account does not have one.

If it were me I would learn here how to handle it and have Mom call and tell ebay and pp someone used my account without me knowing about it and I would like to have it back. It can be done if done correctly and then leave Mom, friends, family etc accounts alone.

Not wise to use others accounts or info.

I would be working on learning how to get your Mom her account back first before jumping into stealth myself because I would not be able to sleep at night knowing I just burned a family members account for my own good.

She might not need it now as many have said but I know of many who later needed that account as their income dropped or their retirement money sank b.c stock market and need their ebay account.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
An0nym0u$ (07-26-2013)
  #12  
Old 07-26-2013
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 169
Thanks: 89
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 48%
iTrader: (1)
Default

My mom gave me her account knowing that I got suspended on my last one. I'm not selling anything shady.

it's just that in my old one I had personal situation that came up and neglected my eBay, so lots of cases opened.

My mother is actually encouraging me to use her account because I'm a full time grad student, and some supplemental income would really help me and the family.

I'm not trying to steal anyone's credit or do anything behind my family's back.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-26-2013
An0nym0u$'s Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,297
Thanks: 411
Thanked 493 Times in 346 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 56%
iTrader: (2)
Default

Please read what others have suggested. We have all chimed in with what you should do, but ultimately, it is your decision. But know that there is a good chance that account will get suspended as well.

Best of luck.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to An0nym0u$ For This Useful Post:
ebaychic2013 (07-26-2013)
  #14  
Old 07-26-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58,248
Thanks: 4,616
Thanked 7,105 Times in 6,472 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaychic2013 View Post
My mom gave me her account knowing that I got suspended on my last one. I'm not selling anything shady.

it's just that in my old one I had personal situation that came up and neglected my eBay, so lots of cases opened.

My mother is actually encouraging me to use her account because I'm a full time grad student, and some supplemental income would really help me and the family.

I'm not trying to steal anyone's credit or do anything behind my family's back.
Dont change registration info on pp because that can be looked at as a risky flag.

While the recommendation is never to work with other family or friend accounts, you seem pretty set on doing this. As long as you understand stealth and the point of staying linkfree...well, all the best to you.

You have received a lot of advice and it is your option to use it.

Her account is older and could be a gem if it is built slowly.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
ebaychic2013 (07-26-2013)
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ebay account suspended indefinitely a year ago Dekota UK eBay Suspensions 2 04-26-2012 09:41 PM
2 year old account suspended cortex Subscriber Discussions 15 07-27-2011 03:34 AM
Account suspended for a year now JustAGuy eBay Suspensions 2 04-25-2011 09:16 AM
Account suspended from a year ago doctordoc8 eBay Suspensions 5 08-01-2010 10:44 AM
Account suspended a year after infraction RichO Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk 2 05-29-2008 09:53 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts