Muitiple Addresses - Experts Needed - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-24-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default Re: Muitiple Addresses - Experts Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
In the USA you must show ID to get a PO Box and anyone who received mail there must have a photo ID on the records or the mail is not suppose to be delivered to that box at all.

This was put in place since the Patriot Act. If your post master is not doing this they are allowing illegal mail to hit your box.
In some examples the smaller mom and pop PO boxes might let you get away with 1 extra name for accepting mail but even they are getting more stricter these days. You might get lucky in finding a place but dont count on it.

I print from ebay and just place my real address over the stealth address with a sticker with name, address, city, state, and zip code.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-24-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

The big issue is that mail fraud is such a rough issue - too much abuse
Old 09-25-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%

I have a question about multiple addresses as well. Hope it isn't off topic.

Lets say I plan to create 5 accounts (plan to create more than this, but for example sakes..)

Would opening all 5 mailboxes at the same location with each account having its own box number cause them all to get linked for being so close to each other?
Old 09-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by amysol View Post
vogeltron, why is getting past mc999 a concern for you? Have you had some issues with this? As I post often, and it gets promptly removed, MC999 doesn't seem to be that hard to over come and it's easy to get reinstated. I actually get a little worried if I DON'T get MC999 within the first week of selling. I'd like them to ask me some questions while I am still a NEWBIE on ebay and my sales show that I am just a low key under the radar newbie selling from my garage. What have been YOUR experiences?
I prefer not to deal with eBay. I have been operating for many years without any contact with eBay. Luckly, I have pretty much avoided MC999. But as I have said using the different addresses is what worries me. It is one thing to have a PO Box or Mail Box for returns on multiple accounts. I think members on the board a full of it if they have a different P.O. Box or Mail box as their registered address for every account they have. Especially in the US with the IRS limitations the math doesn't work out.
Old 09-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotano211 View Post
In some examples the smaller mom and pop PO boxes might let you get away with 1 extra name for accepting mail but even they are getting more stricter these days. You might get lucky in finding a place but dont count on it.

I print from ebay and just place my real address over the stealth address with a sticker with name, address, city, state, and zip code.
Yes, I agree. I tried use a P.O. Box to get cheap stuff on stealth accounts a few years ago. On both of them I got a note saying that the "Stealth Name" needed to come with me and provide ID to get the small envelope/package. Maybe make friends with someone at an independent mail center. Don't know. Or maybe if you have a box in a big enough post office nobody notices. Hard to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D
In the USA you must show ID to get a PO Box and anyone who received mail there must have a photo ID on the records or the mail is not suppose to be delivered to that box at all.

This was put in place since the Patriot Act. If your post master is not doing this they are allowing illegal mail to hit your box.
Didn't see that post before but that is the exact experience I have noticed. Although I still do sometimes get spam mail from one of the previous P.O. Box users even though I have had this box nearly 8 years now.

Last edited by vogeltron; 09-25-2013 at 03:17 AM.