MC011. eBay asking for invoices. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 11-01-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 60%
Default MC011. eBay asking for invoices.

Hello everyone, just purchased the stealth ebook and joined the forum. I didnt have a chance to read it yet but I am sure it will be very informative.

So, here is what happened.. I have had my current ebay account for over 3 years. Sold couple of times once in a while nothing serious and had total 60 feadback ( 100% positive).

Recently, I started to selling soccer jerseys for children 1-9 years old. I am able to acquire the merchandise from a supplier out side of the U.S ( not china or Thailand) and sold them for around 19-30 ).

I made sure other people with relatively new accounts were selling the similar products and then invested my money into it. Two weeks it worked out great nearly 800 dollars profit but then I get two emails from ebay in the same minute. First one says they increased my limit and i have been doing great the next one mc011 your ebay selling account has been limited. they asked for invoices which I dont have.

I want to clarify something that none of these jerseys had brand logos on them so i thought i wasn't going against anybodys trademark or copyrights.

I did make some invoices and faxed them and currently waiting. What are my chances that they will get rid of my selling restriction? If not so high, Can I safely sell those products as they dont have any brand logos on them?

thank you for looking
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: MC011. eBay asking for invoices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emings5 View Post
I made sure other people with relatively new accounts were selling the similar products and then invested my money into it. Two weeks it worked out great nearly 800 dollars profit but then I get two emails from ebay in the same minute. First one says they increased my limit and i have been doing great the next one mc011 your ebay selling account has been limited. they asked for invoices which I dont have.

I want to clarify something that none of these jerseys had brand logos on them so i thought i wasn't going against anybodys trademark or copyrights.

I did make some invoices and faxed them and currently waiting. What are my chances that they will get rid of my selling restriction? If not so high, Can I safely sell those products as they dont have any brand logos on them?

thank you for looking
Welcome to the forums.

Sadly, just because other people are selling similar products on new accoutns does not necessarily make it correct for you to mimic their business model. That being aside, without knowing details, can't really say why the jerseys were taken down...perhaps just mentioning "Soccer" and World Cup coming up was enough to force takedowns.

What are your chances? Really depends on eB's decision - only time will tell after your submit them. All the best
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
emings5 (11-01-2013)
Old 11-01-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Welcome to the forums.

Sadly, just because other people are selling similar products on new accoutns does not necessarily make it correct for you to mimic their business model. That being aside, without knowing details, can't really say why the jerseys were taken down...perhaps just mentioning "Soccer" and World Cup coming up was enough to force takedowns.

What are your chances? Really depends on eB's decision - only time will tell after your submit them. All the best
Thank you for your reply. I would also like to ask for your opinion about the product I selling. I imported the jerseys LEGALLY from outside of the U.S. Most of them are youth jerseys and as I mentioned before , they have NO brand logos. I assumed it would be okay to sell these items on eBay. Am I correct?
I realize that this forum and the ebook are not about helping people get away with selling what they aren't supposed to sell.
Old 11-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Thank you for your reply. I would also like to ask for your opinion about the product I selling. I imported the jerseys LEGALLY from outside of the U.S. Most of them are youth jerseys and as I mentioned before , they have NO brand logos. I assumed it would be okay to sell these items on eBay. Am I correct?
I realize that this forum and the ebook are not about helping people get away with selling what they aren't supposed to sell.
While it SOUNDS ok to sell, I actually am not with eB and dont know what/how you are listing...perhaps competitors are reporting you too...do you have a difficult niche market?
emings5 (11-01-2013)
Old 11-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%

they sound fine to sell, why wouldnt they.
emings5 (11-01-2013)
Old 11-01-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
they sound fine to sell, why wouldnt they.
I am just worried that even though they dont have brand logos ( such as Adidas, Nike etc) , they have the logos of clubs such as Real Madrid, Barcelona. ( Mostly Spanish league) . Now , I know this for a fact that I can import these jerseys as long as they don't carry any brand logo and sell them in the U.S. I am just not sure what ebay think about these kind of jerseys.
Old 11-01-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
While it SOUNDS ok to sell, I actually am not with eB and dont know what/how you are listing...perhaps competitors are reporting you too...do you have a difficult niche market?
I am still waiting for eBays resoponse to my documents but I have little hope. Now I am stuck with jerseys. I need to read the ebook asap

Also, It will suck that I wont have the PayPal payments available to me right away .. As I used to with my actual account.

Last edited by emings5; 11-01-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old 11-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:

thank you for looking
Very risky.

Prepare for the worst.

Jerseys per se are high risk. You have every chance of competitors reporting you.
emings5 (11-02-2013)
Old 11-02-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Well I'm pullin for you keep us updated, I hope that you get back to selling its hard but not impossible

I'd also call if u haven't push them slightly and see if they found ur invoices .its probably so busy at trust and safety now with the extra security

In my mind I see this office with faxes everywhere and invoices and utility bills flying out nonstop and just a mess on the floor , phones ringing off the hook.

Staff all so busy just go down the computer going suspended , suspended , reinstated and so on

So this may work to your advantage and not my made up fantasy but I assume this is the busiest for them and maybe accounts even though are flagged if u take time to supply what they asked may have a higher chance , I don't think the info sent is checked as hard, if they are overwhelmed they just never had the man power in the first place to review every account or restricted accounts throughly, and now have added work load.

If u didnt I think it helped me get out of all my situations my keeping on them and ask if they received the info and if they reviewed it and need anything

If u do call be very polite say thank you and please and if they put u on hold "take your time" just be polite no matter what and ask if they made a decision let them now again your items are all on invoices , tell them your account is perfect, just don't mention others accounts and focus on yours

Good luck , Stay positive , and create accounts, I have a good feeling about this one
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
emings5 (11-02-2013)
Old 11-02-2013

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Hello everyone, just purchased the stealth ebook and joined the forum. I didnt have a chance to read it yet but I am sure it will be very informative.

So, here is what happened.. I have had my current ebay account for over 3 years. Sold couple of times once in a while nothing serious and had total 60 feadback ( 100% positive).

Recently, I started to selling soccer jerseys for children 1-9 years old. I am able to acquire the merchandise from a supplier out side of the U.S ( not china or Thailand) and sold them for around 19-30 ).

thank you for looking
Did you register as a business seller on eBay?
The Following User Says Thank You to mynameis For This Useful Post:
emings5 (11-02-2013)
Old 11-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

club logos like barcelona!!! that is a type of branding.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 11-02-2013 at 08:32 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
emings5 (11-02-2013)
Old 11-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I am just worried that even though they dont have brand logos ( such as Adidas, Nike etc) , they have the logos of clubs such as Real Madrid, Barcelona. ( Mostly Spanish league) . Now , I know this for a fact that I can import these jerseys as long as they don't carry any brand logo and sell them in the U.S. I am just not sure what ebay think about these kind of jerseys.
You do realize that logos of clubs are also "brand logos", right? Meaning they get royalties on sales...
emings5 (11-02-2013)
Old 11-02-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Well I'm pullin for you keep us updated, I hope that you get back to selling its hard but not impossible

I'd also call if u haven't push them slightly and see if they found ur invoices .its probably so busy at trust and safety now with the extra security

In my mind I see this office with faxes everywhere and invoices and utility bills flying out nonstop and just a mess on the floor , phones ringing off the hook.

Staff all so busy just go down the computer going suspended , suspended , reinstated and so on

So this may work to your advantage and not my made up fantasy but I assume this is the busiest for them and maybe accounts even though are flagged if u take time to supply what they asked may have a higher chance , I don't think the info sent is checked as hard, if they are overwhelmed they just never had the man power in the first place to review every account or restricted accounts throughly, and now have added work load.

If u didnt I think it helped me get out of all my situations my keeping on them and ask if they received the info and if they reviewed it and need anything

If u do call be very polite say thank you and please and if they put u on hold "take your time" just be polite no matter what and ask if they made a decision let them now again your items are all on invoices , tell them your account is perfect, just don't mention others accounts and focus on yours

Good luck , Stay positive , and create accounts, I have a good feeling about this one
Thank you for kind response. I don't want to raise my hopes up but I will definitely keep you updated.
Old 11-02-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You do realize that logos of clubs are also "brand logos", right? Meaning they get royalties on sales...
No I do not realize that. That's why I wanted to explain. The thing is I got this idea when I witnessed several people selling these type of jerseys legally on off-line locations such as malls , stores in NY. I got a chance to talk to one of them and He told me the mall doesn't care as long as they don't have brand logos.

Additionally, my shipment was opened and inspected at the U.S customs but they still let me keep them after paying some broker fees and taxes.

Also, I didn't get a vero complaints ( YET). So, I don't know. I am really confused about this one.

Thank you for your response and I will keep you updated.
Old 11-02-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameis View Post
Did you register as a business seller on eBay?
No But I was verified on PayPal with my SSN and everything
Old 11-05-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

UPDATE:

so I recieved this email from ebay and then a mc099

We’re committed to reducing both fraud and negative buying experiences on eBay. To maintain a safe marketplace, we sometimes restrict selling activity, end active items, or suspend accounts until an additional review can be completed. I have completed the additional review of your account and show that your account was originally restricted because it was in violation of eBay policy and your behavior posed a risk to the eBay community.

We understand that you may feel that the decision to restrict your account was unfair. We take your concerns very seriously. However, after reviewing your situation again, we have decided that your appeal will be denied and that your account will be restricted indefinitely, due to the nature of the violations. We have taken this action out of concern for the safety and integrity of the eBay Community. Due to eBay policy, we cannot provide you with more specific information.

I am sorry if you are unhappy with the decision not to reinstate your account. Although future emails from you will be read we will be unable to respond.

Please keep in mind; members who are suspended are prohibited from registering new accounts with eBay, or bidding or selling on eBay using any existing accounts. eBay reserves the right to suspend existing accounts as well as new accounts opened by anyone in the same household of a suspended user or by any other associates of a suspended user.

I guess thats it for my account. I wonder what did I do wrong? Can I ever learn it?

Time to go for stealth ..
Old 11-05-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%

Quote:
I guess thats it for my account. I wonder what did I do wrong? Can I ever learn it?

Time to go for stealth ..
Sorry to hear this news.

Unfortunately, eBay doesn't reveal much in their decisions on why they thought your items were questionable.

It could have been a combination of the jerseys themselves + complaints from competitors. But again, it is difficult to get into the heads of ebay to decipher.

Your last line is appropriate. Follow the stealth route. Best of luck,
The Following User Says Thank You to An0nym0u$ For This Useful Post:
emings5 (11-05-2013)
Old 11-05-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0u$ View Post
Sorry to hear this news.

Unfortunately, eBay doesn't reveal much in their decisions on why they thought your items were questionable.

It could have been a combination of the jerseys themselves + complaints from competitors. But again, it is difficult to get into the heads of ebay to decipher.

Your last line is appropriate. Follow the stealth route. Best of luck,
Thank you for your reply. What bothers me the most is that eBay thinks they are bigger than U.S Customs and Government

These jerseys were imported legally. In fact they were investigated by the Customs. I had to pay the taxes. And I did send them the tax documents.

I see 50 new accounts selling similar product ( newly opened accounts) I know this is not a good business model and we cant rely on this but it is extremely annoying. I wont give up . I will go stealth and sell everysingle merchandise I have no matter how much it costs me.