Do eBay do background check as of now? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 12-02-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default Do eBay do background check as of now?

With In the first week of making my new stealth account I got hit with the MC999, this is what the message stated

"After reviewing your account, we've made the decision to restrict your ability to sell until you provide us with additional information. There are 2 ways that you can do this--through My eBay or the next time you sell.

To start the process through My eBay:
1. Click "My eBay" at the top of most eBay pages. You may need to sign in.
2. Select the "All Selling" option in the "Sell" section on the left side of the page (or in the "Selling Manager Summary").
3. Click the "Request higher selling limits" link in the monthly selling limits section.

To start the process the next time you sell, click the "request higher selling limits" link in the alert message the next time you try to list an item.

-- Related help links --
Limits on eBay sellers:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/sellinglimits.html

After contacting them, the guy states that ebay now do background check... And that they couldn't find me via public search. He then asked me several questions to try n find who i was, and ofcoarse i fail due to the fact that it was a stealth account. after, the guy said "sorry but we can't find you, and according to ebay policy in order for you to sell again we need more infomation on you. I'll email you documents that we need from you." Has this ever happened to anybody? In addition, same thing happened to my sleath account a week before that(this account was more that 8 months old). Any advice, recommendations? Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-02-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%
Default Re: Do eBay do background check as of now?

Been doing this for a while.

Not really a background check but more of a public database check.

Background checks involve a lot more then what they are doing.
Old 12-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

so what proof do they ask for?
Old 12-02-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

What kind of item you listed? And what document they ask for?
Old 12-02-2013

Longevity: 63%

Regarding your stealth account that was 8 month old, have you been selling on that account before? Ebay have been doing public data searches for quite some time now especially during holiday seasons.
Old 12-02-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 60%

is this in Canada too? or just int he USA?
Old 12-05-2013

Longevity: 72%

I've never been hit with a "public database check," they usually just ask me what items I'm selling, if my phone I'm calling from is a landline, and what do I plan to sell.

I just point out the obvious stuff I have lying around me and then it's all good to go.. Not sure what prompts the public database check, but it's unreliable..
Old 12-13-2013

They usually do this with new accounts to verify your identity, they just ask you public backgorund questions. For example what color is your Honda Civic, Your Height on your License, Land you own, etc.
Old 12-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaddypro1 View Post
They usually do this with new accounts to verify your identity, they just ask you public backgorund questions. For example what color is your Honda Civic, Your Height on your License, Land you own, etc.
This only works with Legit accounts.
Old 12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
This only works with Legit accounts.
I have accounts that have been background verified. You just need to fine the right source. Took me awhile to find it.

Last edited by shaddypro1; 12-14-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Gotta spend time buying items and searching items on eBay. Especially for US accounts as far as I have seen. I apologize for any inappropriate analogies. But you basically for each stealth account have to take eBay as your GF and do everything the right way and build trust with them etc. Before they put out. Gotta take the time to do everything the right and build trust with eBay to avoid these type of things. I always suggest starting as buying accounts and getting feedback and taking time before even thinking about listing. There are always hiccups depending on how hard anyone tries to press anything. But the more you deal with this the faster you learn and how to make accounts the right way. With eBay Stealth being in a hurry will on hurt you in the long run.
The Following User Says Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
Charlie_Brownie (10-23-2014)
Old 12-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Brownie View Post

After contacting them, the guy states that ebay now do background check... And that they couldn't find me via public search. He then asked me several questions to try n find who i was, and ofcoarse i fail due to the fact that it was a stealth account. after, the guy said "sorry but we can't find you, and according to ebay policy in order for you to sell again we need more infomation on you. I'll email you documents that we need from you." Has this ever happened to anybody? In addition, same thing happened to my sleath account a week before that(this account was more that 8 months old). Any advice, recommendations? Thanks
Even some eB agents don't know what is going on and say random stuff to 'sound" professional