Legit "Stealth" banned after I won an appeal? What am I doing wrong?! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-14-2014
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 29
Thanks: 1
Thanked 26 Times in 13 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
iTrader: (0)
Default Legit "Stealth" banned after I won an appeal? What am I doing wrong?!

I need some serious help because I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am a fulltime seller on eBay so me not having income right now is killing me...

My original account 12 years old got killed because of low DSR on shipping time.

I reopened up a new "legit" stealth account with the following.

- EIN/LLC Name with EIN instead of SSN
- Contact name I used a misspelling of my name
- New address ( UPS STORE )
- Google Voice Phone Number
- Cleared all cookies etc / Bought new Modem/Router

I opened up the account and I instantly had a 5/500 limit. I sold some items and shipped right away and received positive feedback.

I then got ballsy and called eBay using Cell Phone Android Google Voice APP. When I called them on the phone, they knew who I was right away...

They asked me a series of verification questions like "have you ever lived in the following streets and my addess I live at was on there" "which of these social security numbers are your last 4 digits" and my social was on the list they said.

I of course lied and said none of above so they said I failed the test. They put me on hold to ebay supervisor and she came on the phone and said reason my account was limited was because of my old account. Therefore I was screwed they somehow linked me which I cannot figure out how...

After talking with the lady she actually REINSTATED my old account and lifted the limit on this account! She gave me a 100 item/$5,000 limit. She said she liked my business plan and products I sell. She said she wasn't suppose to do it but got it approved.

Everything going great, I shipped same day, 100% positive feedback and 5 Star DSR. This morning I saw eBay called my phone and I didn't answer.

I got notification saying MC999 account selling suspended indefidently.

I called eBay and they said because of my old account that I cant have a new one. I told them it was appealed and they reinstated me. He said that shouldn't have been done and locked me out...

Can someone please help me. I'm beyond frustrated, panicking because this is my full time income and I have $0 income coming in now!
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 01-14-2014
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 67
Thanks: 45
Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Legit "Stealth" banned after I won an appeal? What am I doing wrong?!

No worries. This is how it goes and eBay is done with you.

Your only possibility of doing business on eBay is to become a completely new person. COMPLETELY, no evidence of NOT being who you say you are. A new PayPal account as well.

You need to read many more posts regarding the best way possible to create and operate a successful stealth account or consider buying an account from a well established account seller (Sandy) here at the Marketplace.

Last edited by GreenBean; 01-15-2014 at 12:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vetman90 For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (02-18-2014)
  #3  
Old 01-14-2014
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 29
Thanks: 1
Thanked 26 Times in 13 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Legit "Stealth" banned after I won an appeal? What am I doing wrong?!

I am a pretty tech savvy person...

I cant understand how they linked me? Before I was selling under personal account.

I completely changed everything...

I opened new business ebay and paypal. I went and got a whole new address. I got bank account and legit debit at the address. Google voice.

I made a new user and I even CC Cleaned all my old user accounts on the computer...

I bought a new router changed IP.

And all my new info is in another city about 10 miles away. I even changed my name slightly such as Sean instead of Shawn then used my normal last name which is VERY common.

But they told me on phone my account got 5/500 right away because of the instant linking to my old account. And even when I called them on my google voice phone. They knew it was me...Its driving me nuts because it was a lot time and effort and money opening up all new stuff. I average about 10-15K in profit not gross from ebay a month so I HAVE to get back on ASAP.

Last edited by TGMT²; 01-14-2014 at 11:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-14-2014
BigCJ's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,789
Thanks: 1,192
Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
iTrader: (6)
Default Re: Legit "Stealth" banned after I won an appeal? What am I doing wrong?!

Everything was made too close to the original account.

It is best recommended to never call ebay and let increases happen naturally. (No matter how slow they can be :( )
__________________
NEW account verification services! Please Inquire with a PM!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-15-2014
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,040
Thanks: 5,509
Thanked 9,029 Times in 7,038 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default Re: Legit "Stealth" banned after I won an appeal? What am I doing wrong?!

Why do you have no FLAG on your profile?

Meant to have a flag so we can reply correctly.

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-15-2014
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,040
Thanks: 5,509
Thanked 9,029 Times in 7,038 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default Re: Legit "Stealth" banned after I won an appeal? What am I doing wrong?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaypdllc View Post
I am a pretty tech savvy person...

I cant understand how they linked me? Before I was selling under personal account.

I completely changed everything...


And all my new info is in another city about 10 miles away. I even changed my name slightly such as Sean instead of Shawn then used my normal last name which is VERY common.

But they told me on phone my account got 5/500 right away because of the instant linking to my old account. And even when I called them on my google voice phone. They knew it was me...Its driving me nuts because it was a lot time and effort and money opening up all new stuff. I average about 10-15K in profit not gross from ebay a month so I HAVE to get back on ASAP.
Bad move to do a name variation. That is NOT completley changing everything.

To be stealth, you have to make sure there is nothing to link you to old accounts.

You have to assume ebay can work out name variations.

Before you start over, read the forum in depth. Avoid calling in to ebay to get your account 'checked'. Let it grow naturally.

When you learn stealth it can work. Take the time to make it happen.

Good Luck


Last edited by GreenBean; 01-15-2014 at 05:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-15-2014
slapped's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,346
Thanks: 390
Thanked 1,399 Times in 866 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 75%
iTrader: (4)
Default Re: Legit "Stealth" banned after I won an appeal? What am I doing wrong?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaypdllc View Post
I am a pretty tech savvy person...

I cant understand how they linked me? Before I was selling under personal account.

I completely changed everything...

I opened new business ebay and paypal. I went and got a whole new address. I got bank account and legit debit at the address. Google voice.

I made a new user and I even CC Cleaned all my old user accounts on the computer...

I bought a new router changed IP.

And all my new info is in another city about 10 miles away. I even changed my name slightly such as Sean instead of Shawn then used my normal last name which is VERY common.

But they told me on phone my account got 5/500 right away because of the instant linking to my old account. And even when I called them on my google voice phone. They knew it was me...Its driving me nuts because it was a lot time and effort and money opening up all new stuff. I average about 10-15K in profit not gross from ebay a month so I HAVE to get back on ASAP.

All this is Ok, as was pointed out, your Information is Too CLOSE to the Original (Name)

Now, I have Said this COUNTLESS Times on this Forum, Ebay/Paypal's PRIMARY methods to link accounts are "Browser Fingerprinting" and "User" Profiling, using those 2 methods they can establish a nearly 100% Positive match, All the other methods simply supplement these 2 Primary methods. I have written MANY Posts on these 2 methods, use the search bar to find them
__________________
The 3 Keys to Success are:,,,,Research, Research, and More Research,,,,,
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
rsot (01-15-2014)
  #8  
Old 01-15-2014
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 291
Thanks: 53
Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Legit "Stealth" banned after I won an appeal? What am I doing wrong?!

here is also one thing that can link you.

one word ..... STYLE ......

not only do you have to change everything 'behind the scenes'

u need to change your style or ways of identifying u.

sometimes thats the easiest to miss!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to keepongoing For This Useful Post:
winnerwinner900 (01-18-2014)
  #9  
Old 01-15-2014
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 106
Thanks: 106
Thanked 158 Times in 88 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
iTrader: (17)
Send a message via Skype™ to pr0wake
Default Re: Legit "Stealth" banned after I won an appeal? What am I doing wrong?!

im disagreeing with the name variation stuff that linked him...

im not sure you deleted everything on your computer quite as much as you should have.

in the future, just make a new user account dedicated to your sales. And use file scrubbers for everything that goes into your listings (I just learned about this) so if you use the same pictures and such on your listing, they could have a footprint that leads back to you.

good luck with overcoming this. I actually called ebay in attempt to reinstate my old account, because the reasons are pretty asinine. I should have a response on the 20th..

just be sure to clean yourself well. maybe even format your computer
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-18-2014
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Legit "Stealth" banned after I won an appeal? What am I doing wrong?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepongoing View Post
here is also one thing that can link you.

one word ..... STYLE ......

not only do you have to change everything 'behind the scenes'

u need to change your style or ways of identifying u.

sometimes thats the easiest to miss!

I have to agree with this post. You need to make sure your item descriptions are different than they used to be, don't use old images, make sure item titles are different. All of that.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-22-2014
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 205
Thanks: 86
Thanked 33 Times in 24 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Legit "Stealth" banned after I won an appeal? What am I doing wrong?!

Not sure if it was already addressed, and I am pretty sure it will be addressed, but name variation is something that is mentioned in the stealth guide as something that WILL NOT link you.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gonzoman For This Useful Post:
jackjjohn (01-22-2014), Lolitax (01-22-2014)
  #12  
Old 01-23-2014
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,611
Thanks: 1,580
Thanked 2,027 Times in 1,356 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
iTrader: (47)
Default Re: Legit "Stealth" banned after I won an appeal? What am I doing wrong?!

They are killing a ton of accounts for low DSRs.

Whatever you do, do not allow your DSRS to go low.

A lower end employee ok'd the appeal and it was looked at by a supervisor who changed it.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-23-2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 280
Thanks: 54
Thanked 100 Times in 67 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Legit "Stealth" banned after I won an appeal? What am I doing wrong?!

No one in their right mind would call EB unless they had to. Dont rock the boat!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-23-2014
newjerseymax's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,848
Thanks: 1,090
Thanked 681 Times in 493 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 75%
iTrader: (6)
Default Re: Legit "Stealth" banned after I won an appeal? What am I doing wrong?!

Could have been item you were selling was same, did you change picture and scrub them? What about beacons? Did you block pics in gmail? ITS NOT automatic anymore. You need to do it in settings before you ever get a email from ebay...

Besides that by the sound of questions it could have been the name resembled another name too close to your location and they matched it up.

I doubt they are using fingerprinting yet or many more people would be caught. Myself included.
__________________
"Mark 11.24 Whatsoever ye desire, believe that ye have it, and it is yours"
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-18-2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 363
Thanks: 136
Thanked 50 Times in 37 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Legit "Stealth" banned after I won an appeal? What am I doing wrong?!

I don't think buying a new modem will change your ip address if you are still with the same internet provider that has a dynamic ip which stays the same.

I could be way off, just a guess.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-18-2014
a.v.limited's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 638
Thanks: 4
Thanked 36 Times in 32 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
iTrader: (-1)
Default Re: Legit "Stealth" banned after I won an appeal? What am I doing wrong?!

get a 3 or t mobile dongle
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-22-2014
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 100
Thanks: 10
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Legit "Stealth" banned after I won an appeal? What am I doing wrong?!

I bought a new computer and prepaid internet so there's no way they will be able to link me to my new account, only thing i worry about is selling similar items because i don't want them to be like "oh your living in the same city as this banned account and selling same items".
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-22-2014
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 60,620
Thanks: 4,753
Thanked 7,341 Times in 6,692 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 78%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Legit "Stealth" banned after I won an appeal? What am I doing wrong?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by last3379 View Post
I don't think buying a new modem will change your ip address if you are still with the same internet provider that has a dynamic ip which stays the same.

I could be way off, just a guess.
Correct - you need to change the IP provider.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-22-2014
GoteBay's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 896
Thanks: 64
Thanked 181 Times in 148 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Legit "Stealth" banned after I won an appeal? What am I doing wrong?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaypdllc View Post
I am a pretty tech savvy person...

I cant understand how they linked me? Before I was selling under personal account.

I completely changed everything...
One of the many things that can outsmart tech savvy people is IP linking.

When we starting to create a new Stealth Account, we might have not kept record of the IPs we used prior to being Stealth. It is very likely that, the first IP address and geolocation/IP location, you used was recorded in the suspended account.

Just move on and remember to go wild changing that mac address. Instead of changing the last octet, change the 7th octet.

Since I started Stealthing, I am yet to get the same IP address on different accounts.
__________________
To Every End, There Is A New Beginning!
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wrong Birthdate on My Legit Paypal Account StubsKing PayPal Talk 16 01-15-2013 06:48 PM
Use PP from legit to stealth? myrong PayPal Talk 11 12-30-2012 07:17 PM
Getting a legit MB account with stealth b a acct sickofbaypowertrip Payment Processing 13 09-15-2012 05:41 PM
Just Got banned how to appeal thuvarakan2 Amazon 15 07-24-2012 02:20 PM
PayPal Appeal Denied. Where did i go wrong ?? idiotbay Subscriber Discussions 16 06-22-2009 10:27 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts