Mc999 - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 05-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default Re: Mc999

Is there a way to make it a seller acct without listing an item?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-08-2014

Longevity: 59%

Dray......it could be the type of products you listed.......what type of stuff did you start off with?

And Hercules...yes there is.
The Following User Says Thank You to pokerpro For This Useful Post:
amannamedray (05-08-2014)
Old 05-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by amannamedray View Post
I'm curios about this MC999 also. I just started a new stealth account. I tried to list a cell phone case shortly afterwards. I got hit with the MC999. I called in and spoke with a rep. He reinstated the account for me after I answered some questions.

Once reinstated, I put up a few listings. Then, a few days later, I was hit with the big MC999, the one asking for a million documents. The account is stealth so I can't provide any real info to them, so am I correct to assume that this account is done, unusable?

Where did I go wrong? Did I just start listing too fast?
Trying to sell a cellphone on a new account is too dangerous - you need to sell much lower risk items.

Unless you can provide the documents you are asked...the account is done
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
amannamedray (05-08-2014)
Old 05-08-2014

Longevity: 67%

Thanks rsot.

Pokerpro:
I first listed a cell phone case. That prompted the first mc999. That surprised me because it was just a cell phone case and that mc999 came so fast. Once back on I listed some authentic Air Jordans. The first few listings went fine. I made some sells. Then I listed another pair of Jordans. About 2 days into the auction the second mc999 came thru and I'm off for god it seems. I guess the Jordans doomed me.
Old 05-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

90% of the time i don't even get the item listed before i get the 0/0 limits and have to call in. I am not sure what's going on, maybe they are blocking my IP area with my phone. I dunno :/ i have about a 75% success rate getting them reinstated, depends how much of a pain the cs rep is, if its a dude we usually talk about sports etc.. and they are cool , women lately have been giving me a hard time. Maybe i just been unlucky and getting some pms'n reps
Old 05-08-2014

Shoes are a mega-knocked off item....yea, my educated guess is listing multiple Jordans did you in.......name brand stuff like that is the kiss of death for a stealth account...

I should add...that i have 3 boxes with all the accessories for Iphone 5's that I got new....NO WAY would I list those, even though they've been mine since day 1, new...I bet they'd bomb me for those faster than you can say "don't do it". Some stuff, is just destined for Craigs list! lol.

Last edited by GreenBean; 05-11-2014 at 02:03 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to pokerpro For This Useful Post:
amannamedray (05-11-2014)
Old 05-10-2014

Longevity: 61%

Is there anyway to avoid the name verification thing? I know it is very prevalent now. Out of 39 accounts I think like 5 have gotten either mc999 or 0/0 selling limits immediately.
Old 05-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
90% of the time i don't even get the item listed before i get the 0/0 limits and have to call in. I am not sure what's going on, maybe they are blocking my IP area with my phone. I dunno :/ i have about a 75% success rate getting them reinstated, depends how much of a pain the cs rep is, if its a dude we usually talk about sports etc.. and they are cool , women lately have been giving me a hard time. Maybe i just been unlucky and getting some pms'n reps
If you are using gmail are you shutting off images in settings before you add it to PP/ebay?
Old 05-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
If you are using gmail are you shutting off images in settings before you add it to PP/ebay?
Gmail always blocks images, i create the gmail from my android phone and dont ever have to access it during creation, there is no need to, at least nothing from eBay.

I tried to roam yesterday and i was on verizon network but still was getting my cell phones ip ranges, but vastly different.. And the account still got 0/0 limits. I create seller account immediately, which might be the issue. But even that being said, i read others say it didn't matter when they listed the item, they got mc999'd or 0/0'd in fact today i created a 100/5k account with real information and i had to call in also.... That particular account was mc999'd, it initially was 0/0 and i did the confirm information and answered the questions and it was bumped to 100/5k. But, as i said. I had to still call in and talk to someone.. It seems the 0/0's you talk to a USA ebay rep, but when you get mc999'd with the email link to call in, you end up speaking to their thailand crew, the rep may be from usa but she transfers you after you call. But if they want to talk about the 0/0 and not restriction it's all usa
Old 05-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

When you make new gmails the images are on. You have to go to settings and click 'Ask before displaying external images'.
Instead of what is there 'Always display external images'.
I tell you in the beginning (new seller), ebay senses you even if you don't open their emails when this feature is clicked on 'displaying images'!!!

Last edited by Hercules; 05-10-2014 at 08:20 PM.
Old 05-10-2014

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
Same here. If they ask about verifying information with public records questions, I just hang up the phone in the middle of talking and act like I was disconnected and try again later. Sorry to say, but I've had the same experience with female reps in the past.

These's MC999'ish things are still driving me nuts. First time I got 0/0 limits was tonight on all new fresh and verified info. Calling in and seeing what's up. Will edit this post when they finally answer and see if I got through or not.

EDIT1: Didn't go through. They're now claiming to do an automatic check. Tried another account and it just went through. Either the address was way off or something, but I'm calling lies.
EDIT2: After a couple of hours under one that I thought wasn't going to be molested, got slammed with a permanent suspension.

Last edited by exxomscp; 05-10-2014 at 11:22 PM.
Old 05-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
When you make new gmails the images are on. You have to go to settings and click 'Ask before displaying external images'.
Instead of what is there 'Always display external images'.
I tell you in the beginning (new seller), ebay senses you even if you don't open their emails when this feature is clicked on 'displaying images'!!!
You are correct it does say that when accessing from the web page, i've never noticed that. But i've also not been linked by that neither. I respond to people's questions all day long from past restricted accounts to active accounts and never had a problem with linking or multiple accounts going down at once, that i was not able to see why.When i lose an account it's because of either missing a call or eBay bots running on seller standards. When i do, multiple accounts don't go down, and if they do it's because they have similar issues. I run plenty enough 25+ to know if i was being linked with active accounts. As for the new accounts, as i said eBay can't see any information if i never load any of their emails before i create the account, and even if i do, it's from the same ip and user account on the laptop that is making the account. If this indeed was a linking issue and a problem, why would they randomly give me limits of 10,25,50 randomly? Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I called twice today and had no issues, but waited forever, i have 2 other accounts waiting to be made seller accounts, but i am going to wait till the end of the month and see if it helps.

i use thunderbird for all my emails and it blocks remote images

Last edited by HurricaneHuntr; 05-10-2014 at 11:12 PM.
Old 05-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Thanks rsot.

Pokerpro:
I first listed a cell phone case. That prompted the first mc999. That surprised me because it was just a cell phone case and that mc999 came so fast. Once back on I listed some authentic Air Jordans. The first few listings went fine. I made some sells. Then I listed another pair of Jordans. About 2 days into the auction the second mc999 came thru and I'm off for god it seems. I guess the Jordans doomed me.
Anything 'branded' flags new accounts.

Suspension may not be at once but usually listings do get pulled.

A cell phone case is actually high risk. If you as much mentioned apple, that makes the account toast. Cables, earphones are also a high risk.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
amannamedray (05-11-2014)
Old 05-11-2014

Longevity: 67%

Thanks GreenBean and everyone that responded to me. The way I used to do things was fine for awhile. I guess it's time to reinvent since the mc999 dilemma is now in. I do have an older stealth account, it's about 7 months old. It's all I have now. I haven't done a lot of selling on it. I have about 10 positive feedback on it. want to add a merchant account on it and start selling more. Do you all think that will prompt a mc999? Is it wise to do this?Thanks again.
Old 05-11-2014

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Thanks GreenBean and everyone that responded to me. The way I used to do things was fine for awhile. I guess it's time to reinvent since the mc999 dilemma is now in. I do have an older stealth account, it's about 7 months old. It's all I have now. I haven't done a lot of selling on it. I have about 10 positive feedback on it. want to add a merchant account on it and start selling more. Do you all think that will prompt a mc999? Is it wise to do this?Thanks again.
I had an account that was 2 months old and it was MC999'd on a new listing after a certain time. IMO, doesn't matter if you have 10 feedback on it either. Mine had 11-12, some of which was actual selling feedback on extremely low risk and small items (business supplies).. I feel as if the old rules do not apply; eBay is making new ones.

It still happens, even if customer support finds it "really strange," and there already has been selling feedback under the account. There's always now a chance you will be out of an account at the end of this process. Prepare accordingly.

Last edited by exxomscp; 05-11-2014 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Decided to get away from tethering when creating accounts... created 4 fresh today and all 3 let the listing go live, about an hour later mc999 but the mc999 where you talk to the thailand CS of bs questions. Not the american reps who give you a hard time about "identity verification" the link in the email opens a page up that says "selling limits" if it says that, it's the easy one. If it says "confirming your selling account" it's hit or miss on the quantity you can list. I've had as low as none, and as high as 50, with 10 and 25's spread in, one of the 4 i made today has no limits.But that's not gonna stick.I already called on that one, i have to call on the others when i get time. Gotta get mondays mail ready for now.
Old 05-11-2014

What's wrong with tethering?
Old 05-11-2014

Longevity: 61%

I had a rep tell me it has to do with identity verification. If the public database can't confirm your identity you either get the 0/0 right off the bat or a mc999. You're basically out of luck unless you can send them something. Even then I have had to hound them until they would finally reinstate the account.