Just wanted to vent on suspension/ask for advice? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-13-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Just wanted to vent on suspension/ask for advice?

-I have been ebay seller since 1999. 100% positive feedback. 300+ transactions.

-In the last year I have sold 26 items worth over $32,000 with 100% positive feedback even after suspension (items I had listed).

-I formerly was general manager of high end watch boutique and own many watches that I received as "vendor stims" (bonuses for hitting sales plan). I have sold 3 this year with great results.

-About 1.5 months ago I sold a 4th. The seller filed an ebay dispute with only the text "this watch is ⊗⊗⊗⊗" (it's not). Ebay immediately suspends my account. I get this message:

Hello _______,
A review of your eBay account has raised some concern that your use of services may not meet the guidelines in eBay's User Agreement. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Selling privileges have been temporarily restricted. You won't be able to list new items. You're also not allowed to register a new account.
- Some or all of your listings may have been removed. A list of any removed items will be listed further down in this email.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

To appeal this restriction, you will need to: (blank)

-I offer a full return and even PAY FOR HIS RETURN SHIPPING because I want to maintain my feedback rating. When I get the watch back the bracelet is completely broken, he must have dropped it after opening the package. This will cost me at least $1000 to replace. He does not leave negative feedback I am still 100% (because he is guilty).

-Worst of all ebay still has my account suspended. They want me to call because they have noticed "some activity" on my account. I am so exhausted from this process, I really don't feel like being treated like a criminal. Between ebay/paypal fees I have paid at least $2000 to them this year alone. Not to mention I buy a lot on ebay.

-I cannot provide official proof of purchase for these items because I did not buy them. I have authenticity documents from manufacturer.

-I am in the process of starting businesses on amazon, chrono24, bonanza and etsy. I just hate to lose out on this stream of income. Should I call or is it a waste of time?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-14-2014

Longevity: 59%
Default Re: Just wanted to vent on suspension/ask for advice?

IF everything you just said is true, I'd call and tell them exactly that. Those watches are not stolen or ⊗⊗⊗⊗ so there is no reason you should not be able to sell them....I'm sure I could get back on if all your story is true...call them, BUT DO NOT waste time speaking to an overseas agent...just hang up and call again until you get someone in the states. You will no way get anywhere with an overseas rep....I guarantee that.
Old 04-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

I agree. It's not over for you just yet. Since you only have a temporary selling restriction, your account is worth fighting for.

Did it say how long your restriction was for?
Old 04-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Learn stealth - make backup accounts while you fight this one out - nothing to lose but fighting WITH PROOF

Last edited by GreenBean; 04-14-2014 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-14-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
I agree. It's not over for you just yet. Since you only have a temporary selling restriction, your account is worth fighting for.

Did it say how long your restriction was for?
From what I've googled it's a MC011 restriction: they leave you "temporarily restricted" forever until you call. I can still buy. I'm going to call today, I still feel this is ridiculous.

I can tell you I will not be selling high end items on ebay, it's a scammer's paradise (for buyers).