eBay has some mean people on staff - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-16-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default eBay has some mean people on staff

So I just got banned on an eBay account that was selling 3-4 beauty product items, non VERO and not high risk.

I made $5,000 my first month, called them, got a limit increase to $8,700.

Was on my way to reaching that when BOOM! Everything came crashing down..

eBay wanted me to fax them my supplier information (which is fuked up anyways..). So I fax them a few receipts from the places I purchased my items.. Peddlers Mall in particular.

About 3 hours pass and I get an email notifying me of the fact they have decided to INDEFINITELY BAN ME because I am in some way causing the marketplace to be "unsafe."

Hmm.. Let's see... I shipped all my items via USPS Priority Mail SAME DAY with tracking and insurance.. I received 51 positive feedback with no negative or neutral and my DSR ratings were all 5/5... Basically if it weren't for the mandatory 90-day wait I would be a powerseller already.

eBay has some cold-hearted mfukers working for them..

Time for stealth
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-16-2014

Longevity: 58%
Default re: eBay has some mean people on staff

Yeh, sometimes I don't understand. Welcome to stealth though
Old 04-16-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

you went to fast with sales to soon, you need to ease into those limits , when you start selling volume is when they notice you and u become a risk

So they start asking for all kinds of documents

If you want to sell that volume you need to break it up over several accounts, it's the only way to survive
Old 04-16-2014

Longevity: 59%

Welcome to stealth world...SmaStealth.....Yes, Ebay is getting cold/ hardhearted nowadays. Learn stealth and go with flow my friend.....
Old 04-16-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
you went to fast with sales to soon, you need to ease into those limits , when you start selling volume is when they notice you and u become a risk

So they start asking for all kinds of documents

If you want to sell that volume you need to break it up over several accounts, it's the only way to survive
You're exactly right. I called eBay and talked to a rep and he told me my account was "reviewed" shortly after my limit increase, and that's when they decided they wanted me to fax in the info.. Which ultimately lead to suspension.

If I would have kept my limits at $5,000 it would have never been banned.

You live and you learn, I'm not an eBay Stealth pro, only Amazon.. I will get better
Old 04-16-2014
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Spreading sales over mulitple accounts is the way to go.
Old 04-16-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
How much do you feel I should sell per account, and how quickly?

Yes, I know stealth, this is just a personal question
Old 04-16-2014

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
Yup works with PayPal too problem when one domain get to much unless want sit their all day switching accounts. Thankfully it only one site that gets too much for account.
Old 04-16-2014

Default Re: eBay has some mean people on staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmaStealth View Post
How much do you feel I should sell per account, and how quickly?

Yes, I know stealth, this is just a personal question
The more you make things look like a hobby and less like a business the longer your account will last

High sales attracts unwanted attention from eBay and from competitors and just jealous buyers as well

An ideal operation would be to make $500 -$700 a month over as many accounts you need to make sales , I feel under 1K a month keeps you well out of the spotlight
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
ebayanarchy (04-17-2014)
Old 04-17-2014
Threadstarter  

And then what about the MC999 after you list an item and eBay wants you to call them? With stealth we are trying to avoid that alert altogether, right?

Thanks.

Last edited by GreenBean; 04-17-2014 at 07:36 AM.
Old 04-17-2014

Use the search box and search "new mc999" lots of info on that

And also your first item should be something low priced, nothing with a big brand
Old 04-17-2014

Longevity: 61%

I hear a lot of stories similar to this and since banning this type of account seems counter productive to eBay making money, I suspect that the actions of certain staff members are motivated by envy.

They are employees, making a wage. They get jealous when they see someone doing well for themselves. They seem to form the assumption that anyone doing better than themselves must be dodgy.

When my legitimate account got suspended for selling legitimate items, I switched to a stealth account selling dodgy items. I can confidently say that when I got banned from eBay, eBay did not become a safer place... to the contrary...
Old 04-17-2014

EBay has lots of pressure on them by big companies, because lots of products sold on eBay are actually not allowed unless u are an authorized seller of that item and have all documents , invoices, licenses, etc...

Now you may have a couple of these items that you owned and no longer want so just want to sell which is ok, but if you sell new branded items and purchased them with the intent on resale than that's where you need companies permission

now if you are spreading sales out very thin over many accounts , you have less chance of attracting attention

If you are selling thousands a month of this new item is when you attract attention and restrictions are given.

So not only do you have to have proper invoicing, you also need documentation saying you are an authorized seller of that product

And than even if you have all that it still comes down to eBay allowing you to sell these items, so if you came out on a new account with $6k in sales first month, with no history of good selling they may most likely permanent restrict your account

You need to establish trust, besides all appropriate documentation, and than it comes down to whether your worth the risk or not

So it is not jus a matter of authenticity
Old 04-17-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayanarchy View Post
I hear a lot of stories similar to this and since banning this type of account seems counter productive to eBay making money, I suspect that the actions of certain staff members are motivated by envy.

They are employees, making a wage. They get jealous when they see someone doing well for themselves. They seem to form the assumption that anyone doing better than themselves must be dodgy.

When my legitimate account got suspended for selling legitimate items, I switched to a stealth account selling dodgy items. I can confidently say that when I got banned from eBay, eBay did not become a safer place... to the contrary...
Very good point. The particular rep that increased my limits was most likely the SAME person who flagged my account.. The products I was selling were completely legitimate, it was the quantity in which I listed and sold.. Is it wrong to aspire to sell BIG and make a lot of money?! I don't think so...

And you're right.. eBay did not become a safer place by banning people like you and me.. Such a scam I swear.
Old 04-17-2014
Threadstarter  

I would also like to say this..

When I called and spoke to a different rep after the official ban, here's some points I touched on.. and his responses:

1) I asked him why my account was flagged and suspended.. Considering my limits were increased and I was told by a different representative that it was 100% okay to acquire inventory from garage sales, flee markets and auctions.

His response was that although it is okay to acquire inventory in this fashion, it raises concern when you sell X amount of this product in such a short time.. Which contradicted the point of INCREASING my SELLING LIMIT.... What's the point in giving a seller a GOAL to reach if you ban them when they reach it?!

2) I threw out a hypothetical scenario, stating that if I were the developer and manufacturer of a product, and I sold it on eBay, would I be banned if I sent them documentation stating I was in fact the supplier of said product..

His response was: Unfortunately, yes, you would be banned indefinitely since you cannot prove you've acquired your inventory from a different source other than yourself... WHAT A LOAD OF DIARRHEA.

So there you have it.. eBay can, will and DOES ban sellers for absolutely NO REASON whatsoever.. Welcome to corporate America ladies and gentlemen.
Old 04-17-2014
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

It all depends on who you get on the phone. Just like any company, there are nice and rude people.

Once an ebay employee decides to flag/ban your account, it is hard to undo it, even when another rep agrees. On more than one occasion, I've made up an excuse to hang up the phone so I could talk with a nicer rep.

One instance: I had to call paypal to fix an issue, the guy obviously didn't even care/acknowledge my question. When I asked him to actually help he immediately asked for SSN, limited the account and then put a notice to deny all appeals. Moral of the story: it takes longer to make a new account then to hang up and try again.
Old 04-17-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,040 Times in 774 Posts
Activity: 38%
Longevity: 81%

Once you learn stealth anger turns into smugness, oh you banned me?, guess what? I saw you coming, I have another account warmed up and ready to go
Old 04-17-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:

So there you have it.. eBay can, will and DOES ban sellers for absolutely NO REASON whatsoever.. Welcome to corporate America ladies and gentlemen.
you are totally misunderstanding ebay.

They have reasons and ban people.

You, that banned person never grasps the reason.

ebay is the power, not you.

Learn to play them as they play you.

Old 04-17-2014
Threadstarter  

Sure they have their own reasons, but they aren't against policy... Don't tell me eBay and Amazon doesn't ban people for no reason, because I've witnessed it first hand..

Last edited by GreenBean; 04-18-2014 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-17-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

On ebay you are guilty before being proven innocent.

You will come to learn this.. we have all been burned but we get our redemption by going stealth..

You will need to open a few stealths ( after you understand how to work it)
because you are highly likely to start on 10/$5000 per account.

Unless of course you buy one already made on the forum from Sandy. They start on 100 item limit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (04-18-2014)
Old 04-18-2014

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
I would also like to say this..

When I called and spoke to a different rep after the official ban, here's some points I touched on.. and his responses:

1) I asked him why my account was flagged and suspended.. Considering my limits were increased and I was told by a different representative that it was 100% okay to acquire inventory from garage sales, flee markets and auctions.

His response was that although it is okay to acquire inventory in this fashion, it raises concern when you sell X amount of this product in such a short time.. Which contradicted the point of INCREASING my SELLING LIMIT.... What's the point in giving a seller a GOAL to reach if you ban them when they reach it?!

2) I threw out a hypothetical scenario, stating that if I were the developer and manufacturer of a product, and I sold it on eBay, would I be banned if I sent them documentation stating I was in fact the supplier of said product..

His response was: Unfortunately, yes, you would be banned indefinitely since you cannot prove you've acquired your inventory from a different source other than yourself... WHAT A LOAD OF DIARRHEA.

If company big enough though you more likely be able get higher ups to get around this so can sell your own product. Or if smart you form a subsidiary company sell it under that name use docs from main corp. So big company get around it many ways. I seen manufactures on Amazon selling stuff sure they on Ebay too. I do not know as I only go their if toy nephew wants only on ebay. Even that it usually only twice a year. They losing out on tons as I switched to buying on Amazon. Yes pay more but they treat me whole lot better than ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax4 View Post
Once you learn stealth anger turns into smugness, oh you banned me?, guess what? I saw you coming, I have another account warmed up and ready to go
Or if smart you have 5-10 for each one currently using ready to go. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Fool me more than twice I keep learning what works and sooner or later you regret shaming me. I learn each timer get unexpectedly limited when think figured them out they just making me better at what I do.

Last edited by jjohnson777; 04-18-2014 at 09:30 AM. Reason: added another quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jjohnson777 For This Useful Post:
AmaStealth (04-18-2014)
Old 04-18-2014

Longevity: 59%

A couple of real world, adult, harsh realities....ebay can be very unfair and there is no Easter Bunny...