eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Selling limit PURELY because of resolved buyer disputes (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/73488-selling-limit-purely-because-resolved-buyer-disputes.html)

paraline2000 05-12-2014 10:03 PM

Selling limit PURELY because of resolved buyer disputes

Alright, I have an issue that I'm hoping someone can clear up for me.

On one of my past eBay accounts, I started off with a thousand dollar limit. I Went about selling as I normally do. Sold a memory card and didn't clear it before I sold it, buyer opened a case because of this. I spoke to them through eBay res and issueD a full refund and told them to keep the card in attempt to gain a positive feedback. Buyer was satisfied close the case and nothing came of it.

Later on in the same month, a buyer misplaced a package that I sent in the mail and later discovered they had taken possession of the item as tracking indicated But had still open the case claiming they have not received the item. In this instance, the buyer proactively cancelled the case and gave me a positive rating.

Next I come to find out my account is limited to 500 dollars a month and I was not sure why for my DS Rs and feedback was all perfect. I then called ebay and asked why. A unsympathetic representative told me that I was limited because I had two cases in the past X amount of time and that a positive resolution still indicates an unhappy buyer experience to them.

I let it go and got to selling on another account. Now something similar has happened to me on my new account 6 months later and I'm very nervous this problem will Recur. What are the ins and outs to this policy and has anyone experienced anything similar?

Lastly, ebay site says they will limit you for TWO UNRESOLVED BUYER CASES. Not resolved ones that were proactively solved by a refund or the buyer themselves. Ugh ebay when will you stop the madness?

paraline2000 05-12-2014 10:27 PM

re: Selling limit PURELY because of resolved buyer disputes

The best thing anyone on here could tell me is that I misheard the rep, because in part its hard to believe...

bruenor9 05-12-2014 10:29 PM

to talk to a proper US rep, ask for the limits department, they won't misguide you, and have power

paraline2000 05-12-2014 10:37 PM

This guy was in seller vetting I believe. I was transferred to him for acct review after I asked why I was limited.

GreenBean 05-12-2014 11:04 PM

Re: Selling limit PURELY because of resolved buyer disputes

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93tillinfiniti (Post 552733)
Alright, I have an issue that I'm hoping someone can clear up for me.

Lastly, ebay site says they will limit you for TWO UNRESOLVED BUYER CASES. Not resolved ones that were proactively solved by a refund or the buyer themselves. Ugh ebay when will you stop the madness?

Part of the problem is that ebay does not always manage to mark the cases as being resolved correctly.

They get antsy and give a seller grief. Whilst you know all is OK, ebay will be the last to agree with you.

Selling vetting may help. But that is only on a good day and that is rare to find.

paraline2000 05-12-2014 11:11 PM

So even after a case is resolved, there is a follow up by an eBay rep?

And you think there are sort of catagories for a degree of resolution in a case?

Lastly you may be correct for I remember i took a very long time to respond in the first case and that may have been unsatisfactory in ebay eyes even thought i technically resolved it.

paraline2000 05-13-2014 10:25 AM

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this? I thought it was pretty interesting.

rsot 05-13-2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93tillinfiniti (Post 552747)
So even after a case is resolved, there is a follow up by an eBay rep?

And you think there are sort of catagories for a degree of resolution in a case?

Lastly you may be correct for I remember i took a very long time to respond in the first case and that may have been unsatisfactory in ebay eyes even thought i technically resolved it.

There is no set rhyme or reason with eB...each case is different - you might have been specifically targetted...would depend on what you are dealing with in terms of sales