eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Below Standard Defect Rate (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/75556-below-standard-defect-rate.html)

Seller eBay 07-22-2014 01:20 PM

Below Standard Defect Rate

Hello. I am currently Above Standard as of my last review on the 20th for USA as well as Global.

Problem is that projected for August 20th Defect Rate shows 5.04% witch is Below Standard but I will be Above Standard for USA on August 20th.

Since with DSD Pro. I am only selling to US Buyers so that should not effect my placement on match right?

Is it possible my Defect Rate goes below 5.00% on Aug 20th to get Above Standard if I don't any feedback from Global nor I sell it to Global?

Will my account have any restrictions? Please help.

Note: I have been Below Standard for one month before but wasn't sure if it was in USA or Global.

Bunneh 07-22-2014 01:41 PM

Re: Below Standard Defect Rate

Are you below standard with the USA or global?

If you are only selling to the USA, then what ever feedback/sales receive will make your USA defect percentage go down.

But if you need to be above standard for global then you need to sell more global to improve your Defect ratings.

Change your method of delivery so that buyers receive there items faster, offer free postage etc..

Dmshark25 07-22-2014 08:27 PM

And remember to offset defects you need to build sales feedback is not relevant unless it's another negative in which case you get another defect and go even lower

If your account has very high limits than you have a chance, with this new system it's just so hard to maintain an account to even standard anymore, you want to try and sell an item that is very simple and cheap and something that will sell fast to get your transaction number up

You need to take the number of defects and divide that into the number of transactions and that will give u the defect percentage, I know for TRS it's 2.0%

So you can figure out how many more transactions you need and of course defect free to offset them defects and lower that percentage

It's terrible because the post office always makes mistakes and u always will get someone that will open I case of not received that will count as a defect, or if an item breaks, which I hate also, that the buyer instead of messaging u direct needs to open a case, because they feel that because the sale is online they are out an item and there money

A lot of new buyers do not realize the power they have as a buyer in eBay so a problem that I would gladly fix, by a simple message , they feel they need to open a case and it makes me laugh at how they make the situation look so bad because they feel it's necessary if they are to be refunded

Buyers , especially new , still do not see eBay as a legitimate store, that if they get something that is broke they get nervous and think they need to cause WW3 first to get a new item Or a refund

That is there first impulse rather than a simple message to the seller

But anyway with the new system the way to survive is to really spread sales thinner than ever and always make accounts

Seller eBay 07-22-2014 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunneh (Post 569499)
Are you below standard with the USA or global?
If you are only selling to the USA, then what ever feedback/sales receive will make your USA defect percentage go down.

But if you need to be above standard for global then you need to sell more global to improve your Defect ratings.

Change your method of delivery so that buyers receive there items faster, offer free postage etc..

Currently, I am a Above Standard for USA and Global. USA is 4.31 defect and global is 5.04 which is below standard. Projected global is 5.04 for August 20th. eBay rep said I will forever stay below standard in global if I don't ever sell anything? Is this correct. My ratings are based on 12 months though.

Dmshark25 07-22-2014 10:25 PM

What is considered standard now is it 5%???

Just say it's 5% and u are at 5.4% currently August 20 will be a review from June,2013 to July 2014 , so you need to make,some fast sales now before July is over, so u have like 8 days to try and bring urself back to standard, sales starting Aug 1 will go towards Sep20 review

Seller eBay 07-22-2014 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 569601)
And remember to offset defects you need to build sales feedback is not relevant unless it's another negative in which case you get another defect and go even lower

If your account has very high limits than you have a chance, with this new system it's just so hard to maintain an account to even standard anymore, you want to try and sell an item that is very simple and cheap and something that will sell fast to get your transaction number up

You need to take the number of defects and divide that into the number of transactions and that will give u the defect percentage, I know for TRS it's 2.0%

So you can figure out how many more transactions you need and of course defect free to offset them defects and lower that percentage

It's terrible because the post office always makes mistakes and u always will get someone that will open I case of not received that will count as a defect, or if an item breaks, which I hate also, that the buyer instead of messaging u direct needs to open a case, because they feel that because the sale is online they are out an item and there money

A lot of new buyers do not realize the power they have as a buyer in eBay so a problem that I would gladly fix, by a simple message , they feel they need to open a case and it makes me laugh at how they make the situation look so bad because they feel it's necessary if they are to be refunded

Buyers , especially new , still do not see eBay as a legitimate store, that if they get something that is broke they get nervous and think they need to cause WW3 first to get a new item Or a refund

That is there first impulse rather than a simple message to the seller

But anyway with the new system the way to survive is to really spread sales thinner than ever and always make accounts

USA is 50 out of 1,159.
Global is 92 out of 1,827 which shows 5.04% projected Aug 20th.

What if I don't ever sell global and just keep selling to US Buyers?

What do you mean high limits? You mean selling limit? It's 5,500 items or 89,500$ a month.

So after doing some research. I see lot of upset sellers on eBay like never ever before. It seems like eBay doesn't care about the little man. I predict eBay will revise their criteria for case opened just to check status on the delivery. This is going to make lot of sellers from above standard or even TRS to Below Standard.

Seller eBay 07-22-2014 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 569641)
What is considered standard now is it 5%???

Just say it's 5% and u are at 5.4% currently August 20 will be a review from June,2013 to July 2014 , so you need to make,some fast sales now before July is over, so u have like 8 days to try and bring urself back to standard, sales starting Aug 1 will go towards Sep20 review

There is no more Standard for USA and Global. Under 2% is TRS. Under 5% is Above Standard. Over 5% is Below Standard.

I am at 5.04% projected for Aug 20th in Global not 5.4%. I believe this stat will count till July 31st. It's a 12 month evaluation

92 out of 1,827. So I need 11 sales till end of month with no more defects to bring myself to 5% flat? Am I right? What if I don't ever sell in global? Rep said I will stay below standard in global?

Seller eBay 07-23-2014 01:08 AM

Today it says I am 92 out of 1,828 which improves to 5.03%. I did not do a transaction in Global though. Where is that extra transaction coming from?

Seller eBay 07-23-2014 01:31 AM

I don't have a problem with selling an item at a loss at this point. So it looks like I need 11 Sales to any country other than the USA at the end of July 31st to reach 5% right which gets me Above Standard on Aug 20th Global? If the item is in China and a US Buyer buys it then what happens?

Seller eBay 07-23-2014 02:06 AM

If my item is in China and I want to block USA Buyers, it won't let me! If I sell an item to USA then that is not going to help my Global Defect right?

ai.malik 07-23-2014 10:08 AM

Global sales includes sales from US.

You mentioned earlier that your total sales in US were 1159 and in Global were 1827. (I am sure you sold 668 outside US and not 1827)

If your Global sales now is 1828 and you didn't sell outside of US. Then now your US sales are 1160.

ai.malik 07-23-2014 10:14 AM

so where ever you sell, it will help your Global defect rate (its better for you to sell only to US customers only because higher % of your Defects are coming from outside US)

defect rate outside US 42/668 *100 = 6.28%
defect rate within US 50/1160 *100 = 4.31%

Hope this helps!

rsot 07-23-2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seller eBay (Post 569674)
If my item is in China and I want to block USA Buyers, it won't let me! If I sell an item to USA then that is not going to help my Global Defect right?

What's going on with tossing of "China" into the mix...dropship?

Seller eBay 07-23-2014 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 569798)
What's going on with tossing of "China" into the mix...dropship?

Global sales are from China. Yes, dropship.

Seller eBay 07-23-2014 01:40 PM

Will getting Below Standard on just Global on Aug 20th get me restricted and/or suspended?

Seller eBay 07-24-2014 01:10 AM

5.09% for Global now

93 out of 1,828 for Global

50 out of 1,160 for USA

4.31% for USA

I sold a few items item to Global today so why aren't the transactions showing up?

rsot 07-24-2014 03:26 AM

Doesnt update immediately

GreenBean 07-24-2014 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seller eBay (Post 570066)
5.09% for Global now

93 out of 1,828 for Global

50 out of 1,160 for USA

4.31% for USA

I sold a few items item to Global today so why aren't the transactions showing up?

Backlog usually. Updates do not happen at once.

Make sure to keep watching too

Seller eBay 07-24-2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 570082)
Doesnt update immediately

Still has not updated.

Dmshark25 07-24-2014 04:04 PM

It's usually a couple days behind, if u look at the seller dashboard there is a date that shows where the metrics is up to, the date is really small font and usually 2 days behind

Seller eBay 07-24-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 570298)
It's usually a couple days behind, if u look at the seller dashboard there is a date that shows where the metrics is up to, the date is really small font and usually 2 days behind

As of Jul 23, 2014 is what it says for Global.

What happens if I get a Defect for these transactions in August?

Seller eBay 07-24-2014 07:29 PM

Update:

93 out of 1837 as of 24th Global.
50 out of 1161 as of 24th USA.

I had 10 transactions from the 23rd. 9 of them from Global and 1 to USA.

If I Buyer buys multiple quantities in one transaction then it will be counted as just 1 transaction right?

Selling to a US shipping address does not count as Global.