Limited ebay, pp okay, fax - black out personal information? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-22-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Limited ebay, pp okay, fax - black out personal information?

Hi all,

New here. Purchased and read through 30~ pages of eBay Stealth so far (great read, I recommend it to all) and for the past week, I've been stalking the forums - read most threads in the first page of 7-10 topics - there's just so much to read, but excellent info

This is my real account, but I plan on creating at least 5 stealth accounts soon (I'm just unsure about eventually creating so many bank accounts and receiving returns... guess I'll have to keep reading)

A week ago, I made the mistake of calling ebay to inquire about my selling limits. The CS rep was very nice and thanked me for patiently waiting on the phone for 45 minutes Next thing I know he wants to send me an email so I can fax over personal information including my receipts/invoices. I was happy to comply since I was afraid of the wrath of ebay. In the meantime, I'm unable to create new listings or add quantities to existing listings, but my current listings have not been taken down either. Here is the email sent to me:

As part of our efforts to keep eBay a safe and enjoyable place to buy and sell, we may sometimes ask members to verify the information registered with us or provide us with more information about the items being sold. These actions are not necessarily meant to be a reflection of your account’s activity, but rather a preventative measure.

In order for us to review your account, I need to ask you to submit all of the following information by fax (fax number below):

- A readable copy of your driver's license, front *and* back, or other government-issued ID.

- A copy of a recent credit card statement, bank statement, or utility bill. Your name and billing address should be visible, and consistent with the information registered to your eBay account.

- Receipts or invoices for the items recently listed for sale on eBay. (Unfortunately, we will be unable to accept photos of the items to fulfill this requirement.)

Imo, the email doesn't sound like it needs as much info as I've read in other threads ie; specific supplier info.

Several questions:

1) Am I allowed to black out any specific personal information such as my DL #, Utility/Bank account # (I'm feeling very exposed), prices on invoice/receipts, supplier name/address?

2) How much time do I have to fax over the information before they take any next steps?

3) Aside from supplier items, I have a few items listed for sale such as a promotional hat I was given, a hardware set, etc - can I leave those out and just send an invoice from my supplier for the other items?

4) Should my supplier's phone number be a landline or is a cell phone okay? Can ebay tell? Does it matter?

Thank you in advance for everyone's help. More posts to come in the future - hopefully, they won't be as long

Andddd first time posting on a forum ... ever
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-23-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Limited ebay, pp okay, fax - black out personal information?

They want to see the information especially the receipts and invoices, and they will total everything and want to see that u have paid for everything and want to see how u paid.

I think for the Bank Statement they just want to see your name and address and does it say OR utility bill, u may just need to,send one to prove your name with the address

They will want to see your full DL if you blank out anything they may ask to resend info

This is a tough restriction placed, and it depends who takes the final look that will determine your fate

This is the reason we never recommend calling in and allow the limits to increase on there own

It's a tough time now , they are making lots of change , hopefully you have all good suppliers and proof of purchase
Old 08-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Blacking out info can give them grounds to ask for resubmission...won't always work
Old 08-23-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Blacking out info can give them grounds to ask for resubmission...won't always work
The few times I had this same situation, they want to see every detail, and I would need to keep on them calling in every other day for two weeks, re faxing the same info over and over

It's best to not cover anything, the issue with the bank statement , since it's paypal that's probably just one option out of several where they just want to see name and address with the date and letter head of the company
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
rsot (08-23-2014)