Selling Privileges were Indefinitely Restricted MC999 1 year ago......opinons? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-22-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Selling Privileges were Indefinitely Restricted MC999 1 year ago......opinons?

First time posting because I wanted to see what your opinion of my situation is.

My ebay seller account (joined 2010/ 121 feedback received total ) was indefinitely redistricted MC999 from selling 1 year ago. I was one of the sellers that were dropped in the August 2013 wave of seller bans due to a low DSR's (shipping time). My account is still able to buy and my linked Paypal is still working fine with no restrictions. I called Ebay once about this in December 2013 and they said I was still not able to sell.
My account is verified on both PP and ebay

I was on Ebay today and realized that they changed the whole rating system on August 20 and my account is now listed as Above Standard. And my feedback is now at 100% all positive and no negative in the last year.
I still buy with this account once every month or two and have not bothered customer service about my seller account privileges. I also still get emails about deals for sellers.

I was wondering if enough time (1 year and a few weeks) has passed to contact Ebay about possibly letting me get my seller privileges back? right now my limits are 0 items/ 0$$ per month. I don't need to sell as much as I used to, really just want to be able to sell 1-5 items a month or about 100-150$.
I have moved almost all of my actual selling to Amazon so this is just to be able to sell random finds from goodwill and yard sales as a hobby and some gas money.

Thanks and sorry about all the words.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-22-2014
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Selling Privileges were Indefinitely Restricted MC999 1 year ago......opinons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by w500 View Post
I was wondering if enough time (1 year and a few weeks) has passed to contact Ebay about possibly letting me get my seller privileges back?
Not likely, but in your situation it doesn't hurt to keep calling.

What I would do is call about every 5 days, and call at different times of the day and night when you do so.

Some of the members here have said they have had some success calling in the late hours of the night. 1am -2am Might be true? Give it a shot.

If you are selling Garage Sale stuff, look into making your own Stealth Account. eBay doesn't scrutinize as much when sellers are selling used household items, so it's very easy to succeed and maintain a Stealth Account selling those items.

And Welcome to the forum, and Good Luck on whatever you decide.
Old 08-22-2014
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Selling Privileges were Indefinitely Restricted MC999 1 year ago......opinons?

When I called in December I talked to a foreign (most likely indian) customer service rep, that time do you recommend to be in connected with a native English speaking rep, ideally from the us?
Old 08-22-2014
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%

I don't recommend anything except to keep trying if that's your thing. I would have already made a new account following the steps in the stealth guide the same day. (Simple)

Anyway, It just takes one sympathetic representative to click a few boxes on the screen and hit enter.

I'm not saying that's going to happen though..
Old 08-24-2014

Longevity: 59%

After selling on ebay for over 15 years, my opinion is you get NOTHING helpful from the foreign reps...I can't count the times, in the old days, the foreign reps would deny me, and I would keep calling until I got a USA rep and they fixed my problem. I would absolutely try calling them about your problem, but as soon as a foreign rep picked up, I'd just hang up and try again.
Old 08-24-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
After selling on ebay for over 15 years, my opinion is you get NOTHING helpful from the foreign reps...I can't count the times, in the old days, the foreign reps would deny me, and I would keep calling until I got a USA rep and they fixed my problem. I would absolutely try calling them about your problem, but as soon as a foreign rep picked up, I'd just hang up and try again.
I agree, my account got suspended indefinitely so i called and called ebay but all the foreign reps just didn't do anything at all, plus they always put me on mute and i know they're cursing and just wanted to get rid of me as soon as they can but when i finally talked to an american rep he listened to all i said and asked me to send docs for them to review, however it's been 2weeks yet still no response from them.
Old 08-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,946 Times in 8,237 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

You are not married to use the agent that answers...can always let go and try again
Old 08-24-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,559 Times in 2,211 Posts
Activity: 70%

Foreign CS people typically don't do too well nor do they connect to you emotionally.

So if I were you I'd talk to an American rep. They tend to be a little bit better and sympathetic if you draw the lucky lot.

WHen that rep asked you to send him the docs... no matter how nice they are, that's the same thing as :"Thank you, good bye" . Especially after 2 weeks.

I'd try again if I were you
Old 08-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

You can always request that the rep transfer you to a USA agent.

Some people have done that in the past. but the USA agents generally work from 9-5 central time I believe.
Old 08-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I always say it does not hurt to TRY to save an account. If you are successful, you will have an aged account that has some decent stats. If not, what have you lost?

But I wouldn't wait for it to happen. Learn stealth if you do not already know it and get busy with some new accounts.
Old 08-24-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Foreign CS people typically don't do too well nor do they connect to you emotionally.

So if I were you I'd talk to an American rep. They tend to be a little bit better and sympathetic if you draw the lucky lot.

WHen that rep asked you to send him the docs... no matter how nice they are, that's the same thing as :"Thank you, good bye" . Especially after 2 weeks.

I'd try again if I were you
Yeah i think your right with the "thank you, good bye". Called them and agent said i was given a mis-information by the previous agent that asked me to send docs for possible reinstatement. So i just gave up and will just focus on stealthing.
Old 08-25-2014

I totally agree that you should pick a native support person. International reps have strict rules so they would not listen to whatever plea you have to make.
Old 08-25-2014
Threadstarter  

Yea I'll keep calling until I get a US rep. like I said i'll be asking them to reinstate so I can sell items every now and then (1-5 a month), not for moving a lot of items so hopefully that will help.