You are not allowed to selll on ebay anymore - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 11-12-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Smile You are not allowed to selll on ebay anymore

But you can keep buying! Go figure. This is the message I received after 5 years on ebay and 4989 transactions. Some people say try some other venue. But eBay does work! That is the problem. I have been selling on ebay since 1997. And have always made money, and good money on it. Probably this was the account that lasted more for me. I took care as much as possible of every detail. We are humans, you know, not machines. But at the end the system got me and they kicked me off, and here I am feeling like crap, "unemployed" and moneyless. But I found this forum, and bought the guide and I am ready to have not 1 account, but several. Thanks to the guide.

Being on ebay since 1997, I have seen things going from good to worse for sellers. There are so many things I can not simply understand because there is no common sense! Like a customer being able to rate me poorly with 1 or 2 stars in shipping fees when I charge even less than the real cost is. And besides, eBay limited until not so long ago, limited the seller to charge not more than U$3 for shipping a cd (I live in South America so that is half of the real cost) Well, anyway, I charge that, but the customers are free to give me whatever feedback they want in the SHIPPING FEES. How come!?! That thing should be automatick 5 stars.

Same thing about shipping time. If I state I ship within 3 days, and I fullfill that, and enter tracking number. And if I state that item will arrive in 10 / 15 business days, and that happens, and is all traceable. How on earth comes that customer can give me a poor DSR on shipping time. It should be an automatic 5 stars. But the system (eBay) allows it.

Sellers are not treated well. I had about 2200 positive feedbacks. And 10 negatives. My DSR were all 4.9, except shipping fees and shipping time which were 4.7, 4.5

But according to ebay what made me loose all my rights as seller, were "too many cases opened for item not received" 41 in a period of 12 months. (including a 23 day potal strike which they didn't care for, and didn't protect me from receiving cases due the strike)

New buyers, with 0 feedback, asking where were their items when not even a week has passed since shipment. And so on. Always wonder what is behind this. The moment someone opens a case against you, you are recorded and your account is damaged. Badly. eBay should NOT allow customers to open cases if item is still in transit. If deadline for delivery has not been fullfilled. But they do. And this screw so many sellers day by day. It is an awful system. You all know that. But we keep coming back. Why? Because for us this is the only thing we know to make a living. And in my case, a pretty good one. Otherwise I would not be so frustrated and angry at the way ebay treats us all.

I miss those early days of ebay. Things were so easy then. Trust was the main thing. And I remember too when Yahoo had their own online application. Totally free.

Everybody vents, but nothing happens in the aution marketplace. How come no one has stand up against ebay and become a real, serious competitor in all this years? They have a monopoly, and that is why they do at their will. We do need another company. But I can not understand how no other has been created and standed in time to become a real alternative. I don't know any other site where I can sell as much as ebay. They are awful, I know for sure. But I have the right to earn my money. So I am going back.

I have read it on the forum, and on the guide too, but I am still confussed. I can keep using the same computer as before, right? Just need to restart it, clean it, and create different users. And have of course different IPs. That will keep me away from getting into trouble, right? Thanks to everybody!

Last edited by scl; 11-12-2014 at 01:07 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-12-2014

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: You are not allowed to selll on ebay anymore

That totally sucks bro, I understand your frustration.

Its always the buyers with the lowest feedback that mess up your account, I have always wondered if they are competitors trying to make you fall?

I am on the same boat as you are, trying to make a living, I am still learning the stealth ways so It should be a fun road
The Following User Says Thank You to sentra2skyliner33 For This Useful Post:
scl (11-12-2014)
Old 11-12-2014

Longevity: 59%

Many of us have been right where you are......twice in 16 years I got every single account i had suspended in one click from some 23 year old in Salt Lake City!

Both of those times I managed to get them back active within about 30 days, but the last time was enough for me....so now, besides my 6 legit accounts, I have 35 stealths and I sleep much better!!.......Follow the steps, don't take chances, be patient, and you'll get there too! Welcome and good luck~
The Following User Says Thank You to pokerpro For This Useful Post:
scl (11-12-2014)
Old 11-12-2014

Longevity: 63%

I feel your pain ... eBay has no rationale for doing this. When we have business, they think we are a risk and shut us down. Make more accounts and sleep easy like pokerpro said.

I stumbled once and got back to my feet. There is no going back again. eBay made a gross mistake to bring me to this forum. I can go all-in or bluff and come out clean.
scl (11-12-2014)
Old 11-12-2014

Longevity: 76%

We all moan about eBay in one way or another, yet we are all still here....strange one really.

Make as many accounts as possible and never worry about being taken down, it's the way to go
The Following User Says Thank You to Callidus For This Useful Post:
scl (11-12-2014)
Old 11-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
Many of us have been right where you are......twice in 16 years I got every single account i had suspended in one click from some 23 year old in Salt Lake City!

Both of those times I managed to get them back active within about 30 days, but the last time was enough for me....so now, besides my 6 legit accounts, I have 35 stealths and I sleep much better!!.......Follow the steps, don't take chances, be patient, and you'll get there too! Welcome and good luck~
Wow 35 stealth account, are you even allowed to open that many bank accounts? Also how are you able to manage your stealth accounts? Is there an easier way to manage IP address, without having to restart your modem and router?
Old 11-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

Welcome to the club!
The Following User Says Thank You to glacier922 For This Useful Post:
scl (11-12-2014)
Old 11-12-2014

Quote:
so now, besides my 6 legit accounts, I have 35 stealths and I sleep much better!!
I would also like to know how you do this. Nothing specific obviously, but do you really have 35 different names, bank accounts, phone numbers, etc.? Is every stealth account supposed to have totally unique, never used information or can you have say the same bank account on 5 of them?
Old 11-12-2014

Longevity: 59%

You can have as many bank account as you want....there is no law against that...and in the stealth world...35 is not a big number....NO, each paypal account has it's own bank account....it's own phone ( yes, I have 35 tracfones) and yes, each stealth account has unique info.

My 6 legit account all share the same info.

As far as IP's go...I tether off an iphone....super quick and easy...on Verizon...under 15 seconds to change to a different one.

Last edited by pokerpro; 11-12-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by usastrat View Post
I would also like to know how you do this. Nothing specific obviously, but do you really have 35 different names, bank accounts, phone numbers, etc.? Is every stealth account supposed to have totally unique, never used information or can you have say the same bank account on 5 of them?
Doing stealth you need to worry about two important words: LINK & similarities.

You have to try to never make a link in any manner. You have to avoid looking like another person.

This is just generalised talk, usastrat. You have to understand right now that
the paypal/ebay system has different layers of linking.

Accounts need to be made in certain ways.
pokerpro (11-12-2014)
Old 11-12-2014

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Being on ebay since 1997, I have seen things going from good to worse for sellers.

I miss those early days of ebay. Things were so easy then. Trust was the main thing. And I remember too when Yahoo had their own online application. Totally free.
I do not remember the early days.. when you said 1997.. wow! But this was before 2001, so it is clear back then ebay was amazing.. and I am sure you would have made more money back then too.. however many things changed in the WESTERN world.. after 2001.. you must understand ebay and the lawyers who write the "policy" wants you dead and enjoys to make you suffer and emotionally and economically pain indirectly of course they desire as well and does not care about your "trust" or how you help people, I know its a sickness company, like you said it was NEVER like this before.., all they care about is there usury fee's and nothing else Understand this mentality and you will prosper ~

Last edited by jak; 11-12-2014 at 04:53 PM.
Old 11-12-2014

interesting, I need to visit my wellsfargo and open more accounts lol.
Old 11-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentra2skyliner33 View Post
interesting, I need to visit my wellsfargo and open more accounts lol.
Quick tip.

If you are making multiple accounts, vary up your banks.

Eggs in one basket and all that.
wlkendzior (11-17-2014)
Old 11-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

The bottom line is that eBay was the first online auction to become a big hit. They have the name recognition and the user traffic and that is unlikely to change. You can also try to sell on Amazon. They have name recognition and traffic also.

Why does nothing change? Two reasons.

First, eBay controls their website. They can implement their own rules, charge what they want to charge and get rid of any sellers they do not like. There is no "right" to sell on eBay or any other website.

Second, it would take a TON OF MONEY and create a lot of headaches for a competitor to enter the business. Google is the name that keeps coming up, but Google has already publicly stated that they are NOT INTERESTED in entering the online auction or person to person sales businesses.

If you were to start such a website, you would be up against a lot of difficulties. First, sellers won't want to bother with you unless they can actually make sales. For that to happen, you must have a lot of buyer traffic. And that would be a challenge for any new company - primarily, it would take tens of millions of dollars (or even hundreds of millions) on advertising to get that traffic.

Once they have the traffic, they will have to worry about all sorts of things, such as fraud, counterfeit items, customer service, legal issues, each state attempting to impose their own rules on their platform and much more. eBay has already been through all of this. Their solutions may not have been perfect, but they were able to solve their issues. Or at least to manage them. A new company would be at a disadvantage for a long time.

So, don't expect anyone to jump in and enter the fray. Many have tried, few have succeeded. And the ones that have done OK are nowhere NEAR eBay's size. Bonanza, Etsy, Ruby Lane - none of them have the traffic that eBay does. And they probably never will. Etsy specializes in handmade items. Bonanza is trying to be very user friendly and actively monitors listing for counterfeits and fraud, so some people feel more comfortable there. But they are tiny compared to eBay.

You will drive yourself nuts longing for the good old days (I was on eBay when it was called WebAuction) because they are not coming back. It galls you that you have been a user for more than fifteen years, but an account rep hired two weeks ago can close your account. But that is just the way it is. eBay became corporate, that is what happens to popular businesses.

All we can do is work the system and make our money. Because as long as there is money to be made on eBay, plenty of people will use it. eBay's position is that if YOU don't like it, then oh, well... They have millions of other users who will play by their rules, so don't let the door hit you in the you-know-what on your way out.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
123 (11-18-2014), Kristy (11-13-2014), pokerpro (11-12-2014), trosky (11-12-2014), write (12-08-2014), YvlEye (11-29-2014)
Old 11-17-2014

Quote:

Hey bro! You're my celeb role model. How do you manage to hold 35 stealths? I plan to have as much as possible stealths too. Could you give me a headup how you get to manage 35 of em. How many staff have you got! How many computers do you require for them all, if you are on dongle, how many of them and more importantly, I suppose you've got 35 PayPal at least.

I would really like to hear from you.

Peace up!
Old 11-17-2014

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidus View Post
We all moan about eBay in one way or another, yet we are all still here....strange one really.

Make as many accounts as possible and never worry about being taken down, it's the way to go
I don't think ANYBODY has a job without its negatives. Its not how the world works....
Old 11-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Tough break but take it as learning experience, work harder, make more accounts, spread the risk between them, and prosper : )
Old 11-19-2014

this is happen to me too, 4 years selling and top rated seller with 3800 fb. last month drop to below standard because their new rules, cancelled transaction and opened cases are counted :(
they restrict my selliing account
Old 11-29-2014

Cancelled transactions are counted as well - even if you cancel for a reason such as a listing which says, "We do not ship to FREIGHT FORWARDERS" and the buyer gives you a FREIGHT FORWARDING address.