EBAY and PAYPAL are linking, LINKED - no matter what - Page 7 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-19-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Using my old PAYPAL account with new eBay account?

Are you saying that eBay and PAYPAL are sharing info now so that you can no longer just add another eMail address to your old PAYPAL account when you open a new eBay account after being suspended? Do I need to open a new bank account and a new PAYPAL account and use that? I have another address I can use - it is a Personal Mail Box but the address doesn't look like one - but I would prefer not to have my stuff mailed there unless absolutely necessary. Also, I would like to be able to print my own mailing labels from PAYPAL payments. How does this linking of PAYPAL and eBay affect all this?
carole
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

partnersincommerce........

eBay Account "A" is linked to Paypal "A" that is linked to your Bank Account "A"
eBay account "A" is linked to your name/address/phone/credit card "A"

If ANY information from accounts "A" are used in a new account "B" you will be re-linked and re-suspended.

You also have cookies & Flash objects that were loaded onto you computer by eBay/Paypal.
These cookies & Flash Objects will also link your new accounts to you old accounts.

My best advice to you would be to take a few hours and read through the Forum.
There is a wealth of knowledge on here.
You also should get the eBay Stealth Book. That is the best e-book about getting back on eBay after being suspended that I have ever read.
The new version 2.0 was just released.

ALSO please add you location country to you ID on this forum.
eBay/Paypal rules vari from country to country.
Old 09-19-2008

Default How to open a new PAYPAL account

I forgot to ask. If I have to open a new PAYPAL account to fly under the radar when I open a new eBay account - what do I need to watch out for in terms of giving information that will allow eBay to track me or make PAYPAL nervous. After suspension for reasons that I may never know, I want to open a new eBay account to use primarily for purchasing and I really don't want to do this a bunch of times. I know the 7 steps that ASPKIN gives but I am guessing that PAYPAL and eBay have closed the gap that used to keep their information from being shared. PAYPAL is a bit more rigid about the information and verification process and I don't want to break the law by committing fraud. As I recall, you cannot open a new eBay account without a PAYPAL account. What's with this?
carole
Old 09-19-2008

Default eBay Stealth eBook

I have read what is available online from this eBook but I use a MAC computer and I was told that this eBook isn't compatible with my operating system. I have spent a lot of time reading this forum and the original forum from ASPKIN and it has consistently said that all you need to do is to add a new email address to your existing PAYPAL account. Unfortunately, this information appears to be out dated and eBay and PAYPAL have gotten it together since this was posted. The biggest problem I see is that you can't open a new bank account without a Driver's license and you cannot get a Driver's License without a SS#. So short of using one of my kids names and SS# - I can' t open another bank account with a "new" name. There is no reason to open a new PAYPAL account unless you have all that new information. And around we go. I really agree that the thing to do is to get your own website - but I would still like to be able to buy stuff on eBay sometimes. Trust me, I have spent the last 48 hours in front of my computer reading about this in forums and the parts of the Stealth Book that is available on the forum. The problem with books about matters like this is that they become outdated fast.
Old 09-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

partnersincommerce........

I also run a Mac Platform. So I understand where you are coming from about the Stealth Book.
You are correct that in its present form it will not run on a Mac.
I bought the book and then contacted Aspkin, the author and owner of this site.
I gave him the serial number that I was issued and he in turn emailed me a Mac compatible version of the Stealth Guild.

I can tell after reading your posts that you have not grasped the idea of how to set up a eBay/PP account.
The information in the book and the point of this forum is mainly to help people SELL on eBay again.

If all you want to do is buy then you should not really have a problem.
You can open a buyers account on eBay with no problems.
You should be able to do it in your own name (don't hold me to that)
But the problem will arise when you try to turn that buyers account into a sellers account.

If you want to sell on eBay then you need to have a different account set up for that.
That is the information that is contained in the book and on this forum.
The stealth guide has just been redone and is on a new Version 2.0.
So the information in the book is up to date.

The days of just adding a new email address to your paypal account are over and done with.
As for your bank accounts... Since 9/11 and the Patriot Act ALL bank accounts must be in your REAL name.
I currently have over 10+ Paypal accounts and they all are connected to different banking accounts that are in my REAL name.
The Paypal accounts are NOT in my real name.

I hope that helps a little......
Old 09-21-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Dollar volume has nothing to do with it. Some people on here get limited for withdrawing ten bucks. My dollar volume though is generally five figures per month, minimum.

That's a really old post of mine and my newer techniques have kept my PayPals afloat with no social security # and MASSIVE volume.
Would you be able to share these techniques? eBay Stealth states nothing about keeping PP in check with no SS# and still surpassing limits. It would be great help if you shed some light because I'm biting my fingernails right now. Thanks

-evicktd
Old 11-10-2008

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickie View Post
Modee,
when you say:
"My PP and EBAY accounts are never linked. I mean I never link them - I just enter an email address to receive PP payments into my EBAY auctions. That's it."

When you enter the email address where to receive Paypal payments, I mean, that piece of information sits on an eBay server somewhere.
eBay owns it, and can use it in an investigation.
If eBay asks Paypal to scan their database for this email, it will bring up your PP account, right?
and bingo!, you're linked to it.
so I think he's right, I got suspesion like that too.
a question:
my old selling account got selling limit, the case like Modee, because paypal got limited, then I resolved, paypal account restored by paypal so quick.but problem here ebay tell me like him, and restricted my selling.
I'm using a new ebay account, can I type old email address to receive payment? (which limited before but restored by paypal)
should I?
Old 11-22-2008

Longevity: 89%

"Time will tell...BUT one thing is certain. There appears to be some higher degree of coordination starting to happen between EBAY and PayPal"

I thought that ebay own paypal, and that on accepting our conditions for joining either, we agree that info can be used. Maybe they are getting their systems in synch...and I noticed that in the future ALL ebayers will HAVE to have a paypal account.
Old 01-06-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by innovative2 View Post
I am brand new to this forum but have probably spent many hours reading every thread over the last two weeks. I was an eBay gold-level powerseller with 2 accounts. Needless to say, they were both suspended at the same time. One for trademark infringment. The other for being linked. My biggest problem was that i didn't want to give up my Paypal merchant account, so I tried something a little different. First I formed a new email account, which I confirmed with payPal and then proceeded to delete my all my other registered email addresses from PayPal. I then rented a UPS mailbox address, stopped at motor vehicles and picked up a change of address form. I filled it our BUT didn't hand it in. Instead i may a photocopy and went to my bank and told them I moved and here was my new address, showing the photocopy as proof. I also told the bank that I was concerned that someone had stolen my identity and bank info and wanted to change my bank aco**** number. They charged me 15.00 but went ahead and changed the account number and applied my new address. Over the next few days I made the changes to my PayPal account slowly. First, the address, then 2 days later the banking information. I now had the same PayPal account but with all new information but the name on the account. I then proceeded to open a new ebay business, not personal account, and under "CONTACT" changed my name by 1 letter. So far, so good. I have been up and running for about 10 days and haven't been suspended YET?? I don't know if this is going to work in the longrun but I thought I share it. I also renamed my computer in control panels, added mozilla objection to firefox and delete all FLASH cookies,as well as normal cookies, every time I log in and out. I used the new UPS address that I gave the bank and paypal to open the ebay account.
I don't think what you did was a good idea. First, you lied to the motor vehicle registry, then you lied to your bank and gave them a fraudulent form from the RMV. Fraudulent, because it was based on a lie.

Granted, no ones going to get in trouble for this and if I am correct as long as there is no intent to commit a crime everyone is probably OK.

But why put your self in the line of fire if you don't have to.

We are already deceiving Paypal and eBay why stretch it out to banks and RMVs. I would suggest being completely on the up and up as much as possible.

Thats why setting up a DBA license with a name that sounds like someones name is a good idea. You could at least say you were using your business name on all your accounts. And your not lying. Your simply circumventing the system which I don't think could even get someone into a civil problem.

I'm a newbie so take what I say with that in mind, but I have been spending a lot of time here and reading a lot of threads.

Also, its hard to read your post because there are no paragraphs. Its hard to follow one sentence into the next line because you can't find the reference point.