EBAY and PAYPAL are linking, LINKED - no matter what - Page 6 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-29-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%

LOL. i don't think you quite get what the post is about. they don't litterally mean a physical link. maybe you should read the forums some more. also i don't think your ebay name will be allowed. they don't like the F word here.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-30-2008

Longevity: 96%

lol i think we are all aware that ebay owns paypal...someone needs to catch up
Old 04-30-2008

Longevity: 92%

i thought ebay MADE paypal, never knew they bought paypal
Old 04-30-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Oh yes. I remember when they didn't own them. It was great. Loved doing transactions off ebay and could sell anything! I thought Paypal was awesome at the time. If I knew then,what I knew now I would be typing this in my underwear from Key West/Cancun/San Jose....Maybe even Omaha! Hell, probably rich off ebay stock but would have sold once Whitman screwed things up with billpoint. Idiot...

Just finished reading Paypal Wars. Interesting read especially if you remember what is was like Pre-2003. I figured it is always nice to research your enemy. Ebay used to battle with paypal monthly. Ebay even lied to their own members about changing default settings to have ebay's now defunct payment processor (billpoint) process seller's payments automatically. They said it was a bug in the system. Yea right. They never did stop lying, did they? They do that same B.S. now. New sellers payment options default to Paypal. They did the same thing with billpoint in 2000/2001 but everyone got pi$$ed off at ebay. Ebay stopped doing it. Now they do it with paypal. Everyday. Don't see many people complaining now on ebay. Not like they did back in the day.

Ohhhhh, how I miss 2002....

Last edited by backagain; 04-30-2008 at 09:03 PM.
Old 05-23-2008

hi modee i have sent you a pm
Old 05-23-2008

yea, i have read up on meg whitman too, she cashed in her ebay stocks took alot of money from her business ebay, and took off with millions and millions of dollars, her bath tub is most likely made out of 24k pure gold.
>:O
Old 06-14-2008

I have a question and I cannot find any answers to it anywhere on this forum.

I have a limited paypal account which is over 6 years old. I was unfortunate to suffer from some reversals and all the buyers got their money back leaving me owing Paypal nearly £1.3k. Now eBay suspended my account (1800+ fb, age 6 years) for trademark violation MC062 and I was suspended for a period of 7 days and I owe eBay just over £10 in fees.

Now my question is this, If I were to pay the eBay fees would a) My eBay account be reinstated and b) If I link it to a genuine verified paypal account which has not had any links to any suspended eBay account, will my eBay account be good to go or will it be suspended due to me owing funds to the paypal account that it was originally linked too?
Old 06-14-2008

Longevity: 93%

Hi..I have 1 bank account on One of my paypal that was linked with Suspended Ebay account, but before my Ebay that was linked to this paypal account was suspended, I did add another new bank account but i did not confirm. So when i knew my ebay was suspended, i did not comfirm the bank i just removed it from paypal. My question is CAN i use that bank account to open a new paypal or I cannot because i used to add to paypal account that was linked with Suspended user. Please let me know. Thank you!
Old 07-07-2008

Longevity: 91%

It seems safe to assume, with me yet to be able to read eBay Stealth, that logging into any paypal or ebay account from the same ip will likely link them together. This is the case, correct? So every time you log onto ebay you have to be certain you aren't crossing ips as well as everytime you log into paypal? Phew! So not a good idea to be checking 5 paypal accounts from one ip I can understand why several computers may be in order... Hope to read the e-book soon. Thanks for these forums.
Old 07-07-2008

your account will remain limited until your old account is restored, and if it is not your eBay account will remain limited and restricted indefinitely. eBay and PayPal are starting to communicate better and when you log in your eBay account you will probably see a red alert pop up saying you need to resolve issues with your paypal account under the resolutions tab. Now, you will still be able to buy but you will never be able to sell again until paypal is resolved and if not done in six months that account will be lost forever.
Old 07-14-2008

Default I emailed eBay and I got the response from Paypal

Has anyone else experienced this?

My account was suspended last week and I sent an email from the contact us page on eBay and I got a reply this morning from paypal.
Old 08-01-2008

Default eBay bans listing if paypal account is limited

Is it true? I've tried to list items on a ebay account that is registered with a paypal account that got limited just recently. They said

"

We regret to inform you that your eBay account is prohibited from listing additional items at this time. In order to maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on accounts. This selling limit is in no way meant to question your record with eBay or standing within the eBay community. To resolve this situation, please contact eBay's SafeHarbor Department using the Webform on the following Help page.

We sincerely value you as a member of our trading community and look forward to a continued successful relationship. We appreciate your cooperation in resolving this matter as quickly as possible.
{e18392-141474-6169}"

Is it because of my paypal account?
Old 08-02-2008

Longevity: 99%
Default Linking Paypal with eBay Question.

Hi, I have a paypal account that is like 8 years old.. with over 1000 feedback. I put my real SSN.

But this paypal account was linked to one of my suspened account and whenever I create an eBay account and accept money with it, I get suspened. So I use it for anything but eBay.

Because I got suspened for the way I list on eBay. Such as keyword spamming and etc... I got eBay suspened but paypal is ok...

So I was thinking to close the paypal and reopen it again. Since my paypal status is ok , can you tell me if I put SSN on new account, eBay will still link me?
Old 08-02-2008

Default Latest try on PayPal&Ebay may be interesting

I am brand new to this forum but have probably spent many hours reading every thread over the last two weeks. I was an eBay gold-level powerseller with 2 accounts. Needless to say, they were both suspended at the same time. One for trademark infringment. The other for being linked. My biggest problem was that i didn't want to give up my Paypal merchant account, so I tried something a little different. First I formed a new email account, which I confirmed with payPal and then proceeded to delete my all my other registered email addresses from PayPal. I then rented a UPS mailbox address, stopped at motor vehicles and picked up a change of address form. I filled it our BUT didn't hand it in. Instead i may a photocopy and went to my bank and told them I moved and here was my new address, showing the photocopy as proof. I also told the bank that I was concerned that someone had stolen my identity and bank info and wanted to change my bank aco**** number. They charged me 15.00 but went ahead and changed the account number and applied my new address. Over the next few days I made the changes to my PayPal account slowly. First, the address, then 2 days later the banking information. I now had the same PayPal account but with all new information but the name on the account. I then proceeded to open a new ebay business, not personal account, and under "CONTACT" changed my name by 1 letter. So far, so good. I have been up and running for about 10 days and haven't been suspended YET?? I don't know if this is going to work in the longrun but I thought I share it. I also renamed my computer in control panels, added mozilla objection to firefox and delete all FLASH cookies,as well as normal cookies, every time I log in and out. I used the new UPS address that I gave the bank and paypal to open the ebay account.
Old 08-02-2008

Hmm.
I hope your wrong, but if I have to bet I would bet that you are right. Ok - Let me ask this question then. If I form a brand new PayPal account does ALL the information have to be different. The SS# is a problem. I mean I can come up with an address, phone, etc. But I have no idea how to overcome the SS# number. I am guessing that PayPal themselves will link two accounts with the same SS unless you close one first. Then there is no guarantee they won't link it even if you close the old account. Your thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. I know the obvious answer is not to do business with PayPal at all. But if possible, I like to for the convenience Thanks
Old 08-02-2008
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 28%

Nobody ever seems to answer this question re: SS# issue?
Old 08-02-2008
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 28%

Thanks Modee!
There really is no real answer to the SS# issue re: Paypal. I guess if they ask for your SS# and you can't provide it, I guess you would just move on to another ebay and paypal account.
Old 09-09-2008

good point
Old 09-11-2008

Longevity: 90%

If you set up different ebay accounts and dont link paypal can you type in the same paypal id to select payment or would it have to be a unique seperate paypal on each account?
If it has to be seperate accounts then I could have the seperate accounts then transfer money normally to my main account and then withdraw to my bank acc that way right? Or would this alert something
Old 09-11-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

eBay Account "A" = Paypal Account "A" = Bank Account "A"
eBay Account "B" = Paypal Account "B" = Bank Account "B"
eBay Account "C" = Paypal Account "C" = Bank Account "C"
eBay Account "D" = Paypal Account "D" = Bank Account "D"

Once your Paypal deposits are in your bank account you can move that money where ever you wish to.
Old 09-11-2008

Longevity: 93%

Gooner, new ebay account = new paypal account, your old paypal account even if still active is a bust, it cannot be used with your new ebay account.

Yes you can send yourself a personal payment from your new paypal to your old established paypal, but you need to be sensible about this, once in a month maybe, but every few days or week and yes it is going to look suspicious, and make sure you clear cookies, flash objects, ip address when logging into different accounts.
Old 09-13-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
It depends on the kind of limitation. What happened to me, obviously, was that PP got nervous that I was selling too many high end items and too much cash was flowing through my relatively new PP account. They had already limited it twice, but the third time was for good.

Then, even though my PP was not even linked - my EBAY was shut down at the exact same time.

But no - not EVERY PP limitation will result in automatic EBAY shutdown.

What was the monetary volume passing through PayPal that caused this to happen?