Account Restricted HELP!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 02-07-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Account Restricted HELP!!

So my account got restricted from selling and they have removed all my listings, the email from eBay is below.

"We want to let you know that you haven’t met the minimum requirements to sell on eBay and your seller level is Below Standard in the US and Global programs. As such, you won't be able to list and sell items on eBay anymore."

That is the basic first paragraph of it. My question is am I banned from eBay for life? Anyway I can change these results or help my cause. I know they don't have an appeals process like Amazon, but my account was at 97.6% rating with 76 feedback rating, my account was only open for 4 months when this happened, this is my first and only eBay account.

Any way to get it back?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%
Default Re: Account Restricted HELP!!

yes, once banned, its usually for life.

You can always TRY to contact them for an appeal but it will most likely fall on deaf ears.

What were your defects? It sounds like the defect default email.

Selling anything high risk?

Best to read around and learn the methods of stealth.
Good luck
Old 02-07-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

No I wasn't selling anything high risk. I just personally don't think it was justified, they never sent me an email saying I need to get my defect rating to a certain level, they never just lowered my selling limits etc. I got up to a 25k account in 3 months, which they gave me and then the defect rating gets to high and i'm banned for life? It seems a little harsh to me.

I have another account and I am going stealth, but is there anything I can say to get my account back, like it was my first account, I just got on the sight, isn't there like a three strikes rule? Anything?
Old 02-07-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aycapitalgroup View Post
No I wasn't selling anything high risk. I just personally don't think it was justified, they never sent me an email saying I need to get my defect rating to a certain level, they never just lowered my selling limits etc. I got up to a 25k account in 3 months, which they gave me and then the defect rating gets to high and i'm banned for life? It seems a little harsh to me.

I have another account and I am going stealth, but is there anything I can say to get my account back, like it was my first account, I just got on the sight, isn't there like a three strikes rule? Anything?
No three strikes rule! With eBay increasingly it is one strike and you are out! 3 months is a very quick period to list 25k worth of items and the email you received indicates you were having issues keeping up to the dsr scores eBay demands these days.

Last edited by RosieTosie; 02-07-2015 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-07-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:

There was a thread recently about a member who did indeed get a reinstatement but.cant quite remember what the reason was for suspension to begin with.

However, ive never once tried to get my real account reinstated.
Im happily going along with stealth accounts and im taking in more now across those accounts than i was on my real account.

I owe a lot to this forum, believe me on that :-)
RosieTosie (02-09-2015)
Old 02-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
S

That is the basic first paragraph of it. My question is am I banned from eBay for life? Anyway I can change these results or help my cause. I know they don't have an appeals process like Amazon, but my account was at 97.6% rating with 76 feedback rating, my account was only open for 4 months when this happened, this is my first and only eBay account.

Any way to get it back?
What did you do or not do to get ratings that low in a short time of the account being active.
Old 02-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@OP, chances are strong the account is over...you could recontact them in 90 days or 6 months and try for reinstatement but...with stealth success, it's not really worth wasting time. That being said, I have had reinstatement for low ratings in late 2010, early 2011 but no issues since then with other accounts
Old 02-09-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
What did you do or not do to get ratings that low in a short time of the account being active.
I got some returns, some issues with shipping (2 things lost, couple things are slow shipping(fedex smart post from CA to east coast). 1 item a buyer complained I didn't describe it properly (in reality the name of the product and the description were straight from the manufacturer). Another product I got a negative comment for, but it was a manufacturer issue, etc. A couple of things didn't work, because I was selling lighting that needs to be hardwired to check if it functions properly.

So just a combination of things, but all in all my account was pretty good, so I was just shocked I restricted with no warning.
Old 02-09-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
@OP, chances are strong the account is over...you could recontact them in 90 days or 6 months and try for reinstatement but...with stealth success, it's not really worth wasting time. That being said, I have had reinstatement for low ratings in late 2010, early 2011 but no issues since then with other accounts
Did you have to call in to get reinstated? What did you say?
Old 02-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Did you have to call in to get reinstated? What did you say?
This was back when live chat on eb US was still going on (from my memory purposes) - I reached out to an agent on the eB website and typed in a discussion...perhaps the agent was pleasant