Using my brothers account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 02-10-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Using my brothers account

My brother has an eBay account that he set up a long time ago, the problem is the address that he has been using was one of the previous addresses that I used. He is going to let me have the account, should I change the address? I am going to be using a VPN so no IP links. Would the address alone suspend him?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-10-2015

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Using my brothers account

Quote:
Originally Posted by aycapitalgroup View Post
My brother has an eBay account that he set up a long time ago, the problem is the address that he has been using was one of the previous addresses that I used. He is going to let me have the account, should I change the address? I am going to be using a VPN so no IP links. Would the address alone suspend him?
The fact that your brother is using a banned address, one.previously used yourself, believe me is only a matter of time before it gets flagged.

Forget your brothers account. Always ends in disaster and from what you have said...its on shaky ground to begin with.

Make your own.account with.NEW EVERYTHING
:-)
Old 02-10-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

His account is not on shaky ground, it's just that we had one of our addresses the same, I had multiple addresses on my account (a real account).

So basically nobody in my house can ever use eBay again? That doesn't make sense.
Old 02-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 10%
Longevity: 91%

Actually since youre sharing that address his account IS on shaky ground - he just doesnt know it yet. And you got it right - noone in that house can use ebay for selling safely again. Doesnt make sense - but this is ebay youre talking about.
Start fresh and trust me when I say - do NOT mix family/friends and business. It will end poorly.
Old 02-10-2015

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 70%

Its a well known fact that ebay punishes family members even though they might have had nothing to do with you getting banned. In a nutshell... the whole house can become contaminated if YOU get banned from ebay. Thats my experience 4 years ago, not sure if ebay has changed their policy or not
Old 02-10-2015

Quote:

You need to forget your brothers account, let him keep it!, you need to learn how to operate stealth accounts and go forward with those, then you can teach your brother and the rest of your family how to operate stealth as well because that's the only way any of you are going to get back into selling on ebay. It's all here in the forum for you to learn.
Old 02-11-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I understand the basics of stealth I have been reading on the forum and also bought the book for a couple of weeks now. I do understand the basics. So if I change the address I'm sure that won't work either. His account is unlimited too! It's hard to just leave it alone. I have a friend who is now using his Dad's account and has been for years even though his account has got suspended, and they are using the same address. So I know it's a big no no type of thing, but how is this working for him? He is telling me that eBay understands that there are multiple people at one address, etc. Anyone have any idea how this works for him? Or why he hasn't been shut down? He sells a lot too.
Old 02-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Anyone have any idea how this works for him? Or why he hasn't been shut down? He sells a lot too.
Going to give you the same advice that we give others....Stop wondering/pondering/Trying to Figure out why something works for someone else and not you. Worry about your own account(s) and how you plan to make them work.

Also if your determined to use families info, even though we may say not too....then please just do it.
Old 02-11-2015

Longevity: 57%

Use ur bros yolo
Old 02-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by zexaah View Post
Use ur bros yolo
Super bad advice...but there u go....Hope the OP has a large family to burn through.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
ooooo.halo (02-11-2015)
Old 02-11-2015

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Super bad advice...but there u go....Hope the OP has a large family to burn through.
hey op don't care what you guys are saying apparently so let him do him!
Old 02-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

aycapitalgroup - you have the guide - use it and make your own linkfree accounts...better way to operate
Old 02-11-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Well Thanks for the help everyone. To be completely honest I am going to be using my brothers account and also make a stealth account as a backup and just see what happens. I have the stealth guide and I'm going to make multiple accounts. I just have to try to use his account since I know other people doing it with no problem.
Old 02-11-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

The issue is your accounts are linked due to the address.

This means your brothers account can be shut down at any time due to being linked to a suspended account.

However, it may NEVER be shut down. It could carry on selling until the end of ebay and have no issues.

Aslong as you know the risks.
Old 02-11-2015

Quote:
Well Thanks for the help everyone. To be completely honest I am going to be using my brothers account and also make a stealth account as a backup and just see what happens. I have the stealth guide and I'm going to make multiple accounts. I just have to try to use his account since I know other people doing it with no problem.
Agreed with just_smile....your own risk.

Far easier to forget about brothers account and leave it for him. Its only a matter of time for him too, given its a previously used address. Yes, might not happen....but id much rather start from scratch with all new info and have a fighting chance of keeping an account in good standing. I certainly wouldnt want to be wondering each day whether that dreaded email comes through saying a link has been found and then be shut down.Not worth the hassle in my opinion.
RosieTosie (02-11-2015)
Old 02-11-2015

Quote:
I understand the basics of stealth I have been reading on the forum and also bought the book for a couple of weeks now. I do understand the basics. So if I change the address I'm sure that won't work either. His account is unlimited too! It's hard to just leave it alone. I have a friend who is now using his Dad's account and has been for years even though his account has got suspended, and they are using the same address. So I know it's a big no no type of thing, but how is this working for him? He is telling me that eBay understands that there are multiple people at one address, etc. Anyone have any idea how this works for him? Or why he hasn't been shut down? He sells a lot too.
The account you are describing here that belongs to someone you know was made years ago, was made long before the Tightening of ebay/PayPal strategies even over there in US. You are talking about creating an account in the here and now in 2015, people are reporting in the forum here every day that they are being caught out when trying to sell on their accounts, or create new accounts, as other people have been telling you on here, you probably will get caught out as well if you do go ahead and try to take over your brothers account, it may well be an account with no limits, but that does not mean it is any easier to operate.
Old 02-11-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
The account you are describing here that belongs to someone you know was made years ago, was made long before the Tightening of ebay/PayPal strategies even over there in US. You are talking about creating an account in the here and now in 2015, people are reporting in the forum here every day that they are being caught out when trying to sell on their accounts, or create new accounts, as other people have been telling you on here, you probably will get caught out as well if you do go ahead and try to take over your brothers account, it may well be an account with no limits, but that does not mean it is any easier to operate.
Agree with you, dont think it will be any easier to operate.

OP...does yr brother still use the.account or has it been unused for quite sone time.

Logging in.from a.different ip, may draw attention. And if.the.accoubt has been left standing, then its of no more use than setting up a.new one.
Even an aged account with little activity will draw.attention if you start listing fast.
Youll get the "suspicious / unusual activity email.

Looks like youre going ahead with it anyway. Good luck with that one and hopefully you.wont be posting any bad news in the future :-)
Old 02-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by zexaah View Post
hey op don't care what you guys are saying apparently so let him do him!
I know the OP don't care but wait till either his Ebay or PayPal get limited and then the OP will be back crying about how to fix his problem(s) with his account. People love to use family members info for accounts....and eventually they get those accounts limited/banned.

We constantly get the following threads with the following title:
"HELP, ACCOUNT LIMITED.......NEED HELP NOW!!!"
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
ooooo.halo (02-12-2015)