Using my brothers Ebay account??? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 05-31-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Using my brothers Ebay account???

Ok, this weekend I asked my brother if he has an Ebay account...he created on about 4 years ago and never used it except to buy one thing. It's just been sitting there...he never created a paypal, etc. How should I proceed? He said I can use it. HIs number has changed since the account was made and that's it...no differences with address or email.

My questions: I went in his account under seperate IP and User account....just looked around and clicked on "how to sell" link. I have to verify with cc and checking....I will need to still get a cc from store...correct? I can't use debit card in my name, but I can use my checking information in my name...correct? Also, which needs the SS#...paypal or Ebay?

I'm trying to proceed with caution....I still haven't sold anything on any accounts, just a little worried I guess. Also, brother wants me to change phone number....would anyone recommend that right now? He seems to think it wouldn't be flaged since he's not been logged in for over 4 years.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-31-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

You should create a PayPal matching the info used on the eBay account.

Update the eBay account info first with fresh unlinked number. One you will have access to.

Make sure that their are no significant similarities between this account and your previous suspended accounts.

/replied to other post as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadyOne For This Useful Post:
mom24kids (05-31-2011)
Old 05-31-2011
Threadstarter  

Ok, there are no links...he does live in the same state as I do, but that's it. I should update first and then create the seller and paypal account? He was only a buyer on what he has now.

Also, brother just asked me if my selling will affect his taxes? I never thought of this....what should I tell him? Is there a discussion on taxes?
Old 05-31-2011

^ Update the details on the eBay. Then open the PayPal account through eBay, it will auto fill your PayPal with the excat same registered details. Makes life easier.

Then verify the account and lift the limits, following the US PayPal procedures. Use your bank account.

Seeming as this account is REAL, their is less risk and it is a lot easier. The most important factor is to not link it back to your suspended accounts, which you seem to have plans for

DONT USE A BANK ACCOUNT OR CREDIT CARD THAT HAS BEEN USED WITH A SUSPENDED EBAY/PAYPAL.
Old 05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom24kids View Post
Also, brother just asked me if my selling will affect his taxes? I never thought of this....what should I tell him? Is there a discussion on taxes?
Oh just noticed you put this, I thought you had already thought of this and discarded it!

Yes it would effect his taxes. Not sure of the SSN procedure in the US. I would say you could only use the SSN that would match up with his details.

So that is now your biggest sticking point. Search the forums. I think it is up to $20,000 or something. Make sure you research everything first.

Wait for some other forum members to throw in some thoughts now!

Last edited by ShadyOne; 05-31-2011 at 04:20 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadyOne For This Useful Post:
mom24kids (05-31-2011)
Old 05-31-2011

Longevity: 76%

lol I hope you don't mess it up for him or else he will be a new member on these forums lol
Old 05-31-2011
Threadstarter  

LOL...he has no desire to sell on Ebay....he said that he didn't care about the suspension part for him anyway. So do I need to use his social security number? When I use a credit card to verify....it has to match his information doesn't it? So I get a gift card from the store and then attach his name to it and verify with that...correct? I have a new checking and savings account and with it came a debit card, but it's all in my name. I can't use that debit card can I?...since it's in my name? I'm just trying to make sure I have everything clear.

Ok, someone else said something to me about 20,000 too in an IM earlier...so that must be the cut off? I hope I'm not driving yall crazy....It just takes me awhile to get it together.
Old 05-31-2011

You got it. So grab a gift card and register it with his info to verify on paypal. You cannot use your new debit info but The new checking will be fine because the only info swapped is the account number and routing number.

The social comes hand in hand with reaching that 20,000 mark. If you get there you are required to report the earnings for tax purposes and therefore his social would be needed.
Old 05-31-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Not a good idea to be using a family members account.

If it goes down then you will have family issues coming.

Not worth it.

Have you found out why your original account went down so you do not do the same thing to his account?
Old 06-01-2011

She obviously doesn't care that much about her family members and from her post and "lol"'s I can bet she seems to worship money so oh well she needs to buy that stealth guide you can get it here and im not advertising the stealth guide im just saying you can find it "around" (on this site)
Old 06-01-2011

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using a family members account to get back up and running. As long as you are selling genuine items and making your customers happy everything will be fine. The stealth guide clearly states it is ok to use a family members account given their permission and as long as they know the potential risks of losing the account.

If it was V eRo that someone was selling, now thats a time when family should definitely not be involved as risk of lawsuits could come into play.

To say that someone doesn't care about their family is ignorant and shouldn't be brought up here
Old 06-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,946 Times in 8,237 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

LOL...he has no desire to sell on Ebay....he said that he didn't care about the suspension part for him anyway

/quote I have heard that a lot of times - and then later on, the folx do. Tread carefully regardless.
Old 06-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballaw1 View Post
There is absolutely nothing wrong with using a family members account to get back up and running. As long as you are selling genuine items and making your customers happy everything will be fine. The stealth guide clearly states it is ok to use a family members account given their permission and as long as they know the potential risks of losing the account.

If it was V eRo that someone was selling, now thats a time when family should definitely not be involved as risk of lawsuits could come into play.

To say that someone doesn't care about their family is ignorant and shouldn't be brought up here
a mistak in linking would mess up the account
Old 06-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

As Oompa said - also the other point is what if you become careless and decide "Screw this i am not dealing with X amount of $" for whatever reason?

Who takes the hit? Collection agency will go after whom? Putting a family member into possibility of this is enough for me (at least) not to bother when there are SO many other options...
Old 06-01-2011

Yeah, if you want to use a family/friends details, I would only do it for personal accounts at most. Less financial risks.

Couple of sales whilst your learning stealth.
Old 06-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Now that this is clear, let's go with the personal details Shady - I'ma make some stealth accounts tribute in your real info ha =P
Old 06-01-2011

^ We are not brothers in that way dude!

I agree that real details is technically not stealth. Though many people point out that it is recommended in the Stealth Guide.

Last edited by ShadyOne; 06-01-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 06-02-2011
Threadstarter  

Ok, wow.....some misjudgments I see

First of all, I'm a 7th grade English teacher.....a far cry from a money worshiper!! Then I go home to four children....another classroom if you will...yes I'm just loaded and that's all I can think about...please.

Onward....I don't sell VERO....whatever that is:?? I've sold on Ebay since 2001 and just played around with it...trying to supplement my "money worshiping" needs. Later, became more intense with listing 10 things a week....all vintage items that I find at garage sales. Although I was not a big-time seller, I came to depend on this extra bit each week....and I just loved doing it.

I got a suspension because of my slow shipping and a few mess-ups in shipping....some were even unwarranted....nothing I could do about it. My plan is to make shipping my focus and improve as best I can.

Even with my current suspension, I paid all fees!!! I don't leave bills unpaid!!

Having said all that, I appreciate the help....oh and BTW....I bought the Stealth Guide first....which is what brought me to these forums. Buying the guide gave me 6 free months on here.
Old 06-02-2011

^ I assumed you were not selling Vero anyway. As long as you understand any potential risks, it is all on you, it is your decision.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do! Please atleast try a stealth account aswell, you never know what you may learn
Old 06-03-2011
Threadstarter  

Shady,

My sarcasm was not directed toward you...you've been very helpful and obliging. I did purchase two stealth accounts and I'm gettting ready to list this weekend. I only wanted my brother's account in order to spread things out a bit and have more limits until the other accounts got lifted.

Thanks for your help.
Old 06-03-2011

^ Yeah I know it wasn't aimed at me

Remember, 'moms the word'.
Old 06-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

List slowly mom24kids - don't go gung-ho.