How long before ebay kick you?? high risk items? ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-22-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default How long before ebay kick you?? high risk items? ?

Hello all,

I am starting to enjoy using my new stealth account and trying to remember my new name lol.

Out of interest, if I had made a balls up i.e not cleared caches or did any of the forbidden acts that would ultimately link me and ban me again, when would this likely happen? ??

I am about 7-10 days into the use of my account and have sold a small number of household items like old playstation games, 7" record etc just to get some feedback.... I've not yet added my new bank account to paypal and not added my real address to my stealth ebay just in case as I'm testing the water really.

would you say that if I was going to be linked it would be by now???

Secondly, what do you sell? I'm not trying to be personal...I just mean what's high risk?? Is it mostly like dodgy items in bulk or what??

Many thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-22-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: How long before ebay kick you?? high risk items? ?

Depends how strong the link is. If your using the same device with cookies all still in place chances are both eBay and PayPal will think that is a strong enough link. If your previous accounts have been limited then it could result in your new accounts being limited.

When you say your real address, is this an address that is already linked to a banned eBay or PayPal account?

No one will answer what they sell
Old 04-22-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Depends how strong the link is. If your using the same device with cookies all still in place chances are both eBay and PayPal will think that is a strong enough link. If your previous accounts have been limited then it could result in your new accounts being limited.

When you say your real address, is this an address that is already linked to a banned eBay or PayPal account?

No one will answer what they sell
No all my stuff is fresh. Just moved so new address, new isp, new bank account new everything...I've ditched all cookies and flash cookies off all devices and got a brand new phone as I only run one acount right now and do most via mobile device.

I didn't realise what was sold was so hush hush sorry
Old 04-22-2015
Executive [VIP]

No worries Your not the first person to not realise.

In which case you sound like your set to go. Make sure you avoid the APP though
Old 04-22-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
No worries Your not the first person to not realise.

In which case you sound like your set to go. Make sure you avoid the APP though
Yes I've heard and asked questions about this.....It's very frustrating because I don't know why!!!! I know someone who was banned, set up another account and uses not only the app but the same phone and had no issues at all. Also I am using the app based on the fact it's a totally new phone and account with no link whatsoever to my old account and I've no intention of creating more than one account. I fully read the terms and conditions on ebay and it seems all ok to me. I've had no problems.

Im not being defiant and not listening to everyone on here but one person did say that with my circumstances I should be ok. My phone is awful for accessing and selling via the browser only
Old 04-22-2015
Executive [VIP]

Its just best avoided for a list of reasons. Just stick to the browser.

Look for in details posts by MM78 if you want to know the ins and outs of why the APP should be avoided.

In your case if your just using a single stealth accounts on a new phone then you shouldn't run into issues, but ideally in stealth you want to be running 3/4 accounts so that you always have back up accounts.
Old 04-22-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Its just best avoided for a list of reasons. Just stick to the browser.

Look for in details posts by MM78 if you want to know the ins and outs of why the APP should be avoided.

In your case if your just using a single stealth accounts on a new phone then you shouldn't run into issues, but ideally in stealth you want to be running 3/4 accounts so that you always have back up accounts.
I fully appreciate that and I will definitely read up on that as I really want to know why. Thanks