Trying to reinstate a suspended account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-12-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Trying to reinstate a suspended account

So back in January I bought something from a buyer, then changed my mind about it, and she got really upset and messaged me saying that I am blocked from buying from her ever again and that she reported me to eBay. Now, this happened the same day that I listed my very first item for sale, a $30 backpack, which I stupidly used a photo that wasn't mine (pic I found of the backpack on google images). Few days passed and nothing happened. Then I log into my account one night to find that it has been suspended and my listing removed.

Why was I suspended? Was it because of using a photo that wasn't mine, or because that seller reported me?

After that I got really upset and made account after account(just to buy, never to sell). And each time they got linked I just made a new one. it seems if I just buy it is ok but as soon as I list something I get shut down in like a few minutes.

So im thinking about making another new account, purposefully getting it suspended (listing a regular item because that always seemed to trigger suspension) and then calling ebay and asking If they can reinstate it.

I'm nervous about calling them. What will they ask me? Are my offenses really serious or can they be overlooked? its not like I was selling illegal items or owe ebay fees or anything...

Can anyone give me answers or advise me on how to handle this situation? I just want to be able to sell a few of my old things.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Trying to reinstate a suspended account

My best guess is that the account was suspended because you used the photograph that was not yours to use. Did the suspension notice you received say exactly WHY the account was suspended?

You COULD call eBay (I am assuming this is your legitimate account) and ask what you did wrong and also how to fix it. But it might be complicated by the fact that you created multiple accounts. THAT they may not be willing to overlook, but I am not absolutely sure. eBay can be hard to predict. Sometimes you get a rep who is understanding and sometimes you get Atilla the Hun.

Stealth may be the answer for you, but you are obviously going about creating your new accounts incorrectly. EVERYTHING must be new. New IP, new user account on your PC, new credit card, bank account, PayPal account, etc. I recommend getting the stealth guide or browsing around the forums to learn how stealth works.
Old 06-15-2015

Longevity: 57%
Default Re: Trying to reinstate a suspended account

You should've just called in. They would've simply verified everything was good. This happened to me too, buyer reported me, was suspended. Called up ebay to verify my product was indeed legit and that i was a legit seller, and they reinstated my account. I did not have to submit documents or anything.