Selling Privileges Temporarily Restricted: Brand Name Misuse - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 01-12-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
Default Selling Privileges Temporarily Restricted: Brand Name Misuse

This is all my fault. I will go ahead and admit that. I should have been more careful with my listings.

The first email I got said that they had deleted an item because I mentioned a brand name in the title and it was not made by that brand. They suggested I use the word 'fits' in front of the brand name. I didn't bother to relist since I didn't sell many of that item and didn't think much more about it.

They have sent me a second email about a similar item and stated that my selling privileges are temporarily restricted for 3 days. I can't list or revise anything during this time. What I don't understand is why I can't revise. I have several items I need to fix to comply with their guidelines but I can't do anything until the 3 days are up. I tried calling to see if they could lift the ban and I could revise but there is nothing they can do. I can understand not being able to list something since I'm apparently in time out but why would they keep someone from revising?

Also, does anyone know if I will still be able to sell stuff in my store or is that restricted as well? The email did not specify.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-13-2016

Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Selling Privileges Temporarily Restricted: Brand Name Misuse

They keep you from revising because in the past people used their GCD listings and just edited all their auctions to have high quantities.

In your case I'd say your best bet would to just call and see if the rep can remove/edit your auctions for you so you don't get another policy violation, next policy violation will be a 30 day/year or maybe perma suspension.. or you could just pray none of them get hit before 3 days is up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mitsu For This Useful Post:
prissanna (01-13-2016)
Old 01-13-2016

Longevity: 56%

Mine normally lets me relist aslong as I don't change quantity, would say phone them but maybe better to just delete the listings
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dan_ebay For This Useful Post:
Mitsu (01-13-2016), prissanna (01-13-2016)
Old 01-13-2016

Longevity: 67%

oh right you should be able to end all your listings when you're restricted
Old 01-13-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsu View Post
They keep you from revising because in the past people used their GCD listings and just edited all their auctions to have high quantities.

In your case I'd say your best bet would to just call and see if the rep can remove/edit your auctions for you so you don't get another policy violation, next policy violation will be a 30 day/year or maybe perma suspension.. or you could just pray none of them get hit before 3 days is up.
I think there would be too many for a rep to edit. That's what I'm worried about, not being able to revise before they zap another. Should I do end the listings and relist them while revising? Would that be safer? Cost is a concern when doing that.