When your Ebay account is "failing" why not just make a second account..... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-29-2009
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 151
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
iTrader: (0)
Default When your Ebay account is "failing" why not just make a second account.....

I have an Ebay account on 90 Feedback. However its failing in the "complienance" section, due to have 4 auctions taken down in the last couple of months.

Thing is, one more hit and I think this account is gone, meaning having to start from scratch, new paypal and ebay.

Now its so much easier to make a new Ebay account, could I just make one, and use it with my current paypal account?

That way I basically have my 5 strikes back with this account. Would this work? You're allowed 2 ebay accounts with 1 paypal account.

Anyone ever done something like this?
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 01-29-2009
philly387's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,640
Thanks: 74
Thanked 133 Times in 82 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 89%
iTrader: (3)
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387
Default

Do NOT use it with your current PayPal account. Make a new PayPal account for every new eBay account.
__________________
Please Read These 2 Threads What Is Vero? and Register & Join the Forums Today!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-29-2009
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 151
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Why not? Give reason?

My paypal and ebay account are both activate and working fine. You can have multiple ebay accounts for one paypal account, just when one gets suspended they all get suspended.

Im just saying if I use a new Ebay account with my current paypal account ,surely I will start with a clean slate, as apposed to the 4 bad marks I have on my current ebay account for having auctions taken off
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-29-2009
philly387's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,640
Thanks: 74
Thanked 133 Times in 82 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 89%
iTrader: (3)
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387
Default

If you didn't know already, eBay and PayPal work together. If you make a new eBay account and use the same PayPal account, they will link both of your eBay accounts because you used one PayPal account for both of the eBay accounts.

And when they look at your accounts they will probably do this... "I see what he is trying to do, lets just suspend him and get it over it."
__________________
Please Read These 2 Threads What Is Vero? and Register & Join the Forums Today!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-29-2009
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 151
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Well not exactly philly. I know what you're saying but I dont think it will work like that.

Ebay and Paypal are TWO DIFFERENT ENTITIES, so for example if you have a dispute on paypal for an item sold, Paypal are NOT allowed to look at your messages between you and the buyer sent through Ebay. Do you see?

So Im thinking of unlinking my Ebay account to Paypal and then just linking a brand new one.

Please not this is for Ebay.co.uk and not US.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-29-2009
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 151
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Why ask a question if you already have your own answer?
I didnt mean it to come across like that, as I honestly dont know what will happen.

What I do know, is phillys theory is incorrect, saying because they are linked companies all information is passed between the two.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-29-2009
philly387's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,640
Thanks: 74
Thanked 133 Times in 82 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 89%
iTrader: (3)
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcafc View Post
I didnt mean it to come across like that, as I honestly dont know what will happen.

What I do know, is phillys theory is incorrect, saying because they are linked companies all information is passed between the two.
Ok then look at it this way...maybe I am wrong again

eBay looks at your accound and sees you are using two paypal accounts for one ebay account. Might bring up red flags.

All I know is everyone thats know a lot about ebay and paypal always say use 1 paypal account for every ebay account.

Why not just try it and see what happens for yourself?
__________________
Please Read These 2 Threads What Is Vero? and Register & Join the Forums Today!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-29-2009
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 151
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Im using 2 ebay accounts for 1 paypal account not vice versa.

I also plan to unlink the first ebay account then link the new ebay account.

I asked because I thought someone here might of thought about doing it before and have experience.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-29-2009
philly387's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,640
Thanks: 74
Thanked 133 Times in 82 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 89%
iTrader: (3)
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcafc View Post
Im using 2 ebay accounts for 1 paypal account not vice versa.

I also plan to unlink the first ebay account then link the new ebay account.

I asked because I thought someone here might of thought about doing it before and have experience.
Oh yeah my bad :(

I'm sure someone has before...wait for another response I guess.
__________________
Please Read These 2 Threads What Is Vero? and Register & Join the Forums Today!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-29-2009
aspkin's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 10,886
Thanks: 2,927
Thanked 3,821 Times in 1,619 Posts
Activity: 56%
Longevity: 100%
iTrader: (25)
Default

Well in the beginning, you could use the same PayPal account over and over again without linking occurring. But now we know the rules have changed and accounts become linked usually the moment you make a sale or buy an item off eBay.

What you're asking is can you use a second eBay account with the same PayPal account.

Yes you can, but be aware if ANY of your eBay accounts become limited, they'll all become limited. That's one of the reason why we recommend one eBay account per PayPal account. Another reason why is because the details between accounts should be the same, including your name, and address. If they are off, it could cause a suspension.

It's not recommended, but people do it.

By the way you asked this same question here more then six months ago: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...l-account.html
__________________

Notice: Do not PM me. I get too many PMs to answer.
Please go to https://support.aspkin.com and submit a ticket instead.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-29-2009
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 151
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
What he is asking is...okay I have four violations on one account, I think when I get to five I'll go down. So, what if I have five violations spread among more than one (linked) account. My experience shows that this does not matter - when the magic number is hit, they all go down.

This is not fact, but based on some data.
Thats exactly what I was asking Modee, good thing someone finally understood :D

It might be worth a try, if I unlink this account and just add a new one it might start from scratch.

Im pretty sure from past experience like you say whe I have met the criteria over a number of Ebay account they have gone down even if it was the first hit on that account. But before I have never unlinked the original account.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-29-2009
philly387's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,640
Thanks: 74
Thanked 133 Times in 82 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 89%
iTrader: (3)
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387
Default

If i'm not mistaken... it will always be linked even if you "unlink" it.
__________________
Please Read These 2 Threads What Is Vero? and Register & Join the Forums Today!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-29-2009
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 151
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
iTrader: (0)
Default

[QUOTE=aspkin;74153]
What you're asking is can you use a second eBay account with the same PayPal account.

Yes you can, but be aware if ANY of your eBay accounts become limited, they'll all become limited.


I am asking to use a second account. However in paypals eyes I believe they will see it as my one and ONLY account, as at no time will they both be connected to paypal.

I know that linked accounts will go down if one goes down but Im not worried about that as making new Ebay accounts is very easy on the co.uk site. The big problem is if I lose the paypal account making a new one of them is more time consuming
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-29-2009
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 151
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly387 View Post
If i'm not mistaken... it will always be linked even if you "unlink" it.

Either way Im thinking nither account will be suspended until 1 of them hits 5 marks in total. So if 1 has 4, the other can still reiceive 5 strikes before they both go down
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-29-2009
philly387's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,640
Thanks: 74
Thanked 133 Times in 82 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 89%
iTrader: (3)
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcafc View Post
Either way Im thinking nither account will be suspended until 1 of them hits 5 marks in total. So if 1 has 4, the other can still reiceive 5 strikes before they both go down
If it works that way, that would be awesome! Please let us know when you find out.
__________________
Please Read These 2 Threads What Is Vero? and Register & Join the Forums Today!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-29-2009
aspkin's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 10,886
Thanks: 2,927
Thanked 3,821 Times in 1,619 Posts
Activity: 56%
Longevity: 100%
iTrader: (25)
Default

Ah I see, well there you go.
__________________

Notice: Do not PM me. I get too many PMs to answer.
Please go to https://support.aspkin.com and submit a ticket instead.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-29-2009
alphaversa's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 261
Thanks: 25
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Activity: 14%
Longevity: 89%
iTrader: (0)
Default

The best thing to do is have backup accounts. I have built up a database of over 150 ebay/paypal accounts for when I need them. All are unique and can never be connected with any other account. When one goes down, another goes up. There is never any downtime.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-29-2009
TGMT²'s Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,077
Thanks: 664
Thanked 1,471 Times in 804 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (4)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcafc View Post
I have an Ebay account on 90 Feedback. However its failing in the "complienance" section, due to have 4 auctions taken down in the last couple of months.

Thing is, one more hit and I think this account is gone, meaning having to start from scratch, new paypal and ebay.

Now its so much easier to make a new Ebay account, could I just make one, and use it with my current paypal account?

That way I basically have my 5 strikes back with this account. Would this work? You're allowed 2 ebay accounts with 1 paypal account.

Anyone ever done something like this?
What you are doing is fine.

Many people here are doing the same thing including myself.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-29-2009
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 151
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadester714 View Post
The best thing to do is have backup accounts. I have built up a database of over 150 ebay/paypal accounts for when I need them. All are unique and can never be connected with any other account. When one goes down, another goes up. There is never any downtime.

150 paypal accounts? Yeah right mate, if you say so
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-29-2009
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,039
Thanks: 5,510
Thanked 9,030 Times in 7,038 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Talking

matt,Of course you can 'rotate' the two eaby accounts linked to the one paypal. Gives a bit of breathing space. Provided the second account stays OK it works. Is ideal for selling in the UK because of having to have a verified paypal account linked. I do this:D
Here's a thread from last year that is most helpful.http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...ame-names.html
__________________
Ever look at someone and think “WhyTF has no one hit you with a shovel yet?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
mattcafc (01-30-2009)
  #21  
Old 01-30-2009
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 151
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
matt,Of course you can 'rotate' the two eaby accounts linked to the one paypal. Gives a bit of breathing space. Provided the second account stays OK it works. Is ideal for selling in the UK because of having to have a verified paypal account linked. I do this:D
Here's a thread from last year that is most helpful.http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...ame-names.html
Thanked!

Will try it now. Going to link a different Ebay account and start selling with that. Will post if its a success or not
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-30-2009
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,039
Thanks: 5,510
Thanked 9,030 Times in 7,038 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default

Go slowly doing it.
__________________
Ever look at someone and think “WhyTF has no one hit you with a shovel yet?
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buyer cancels "Item Not Received" & opens up "Not As Described" LongMan PayPal Talk 23 01-10-2019 04:54 PM
"Money Laundering" after new verified paypal account&ebay seller account soon??? citypark UK eBay & Paypal 0 12-02-2008 11:22 PM
eBay account suspendend for "Feedback Manipulation"..whatever becca073 Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk 35 11-12-2008 06:48 PM
The hypocrisy of eBay saying "fax a merchant account statement" Jonas eBay Suspensions 57 12-06-2007 03:13 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts